• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 3 Developer Diaries And Gameplay Footage

op_ivy said:
any pre-order deals going on for dirt 3?
Word on the street is some UK retailers will have this superteams pack which apparently is extra liveries, extra events, instant access to a dozen+ cars.

US it seems has Amazon and Gamestop offering one such superteam with a 1/4 of the superteams content. Or maybe I'm not understanding, but then, this has to be one of the more weakly-promoted games I've bought lately, so details are sketchy.

Regardless I'm going to play the piss out of this game.

op_ivy said:
any pre-order deals going on for dirt 3?

Each team will be given to various retailers. I know Texaco is Gamestop and Yokohama is Best Buy and Amazon.This game will have an online pass too, which includes more content.

Texaco Racing Team

o Ford Fiesta Open Class

o Opel Manta 400

o Monster Sport SX4 Hillclimb Special

o Stadium Truck

Brembo Racing Team

o Fiat 131 Abarth

o Toyota Tacoma

o Abarth Grande Punto S2000

o Stadium Buggy

Team Yokohama

o Lancia Delta HF Integrale

o Renault Alpine A110 1600S

o Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JUN

Mobil 1 Performance Team

o Audi Sport Quattro Rallye

o Ford RS200 RallyX

o VW Race Touareg 2

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Square Triangle said:
Each team will be given to various retailers. I know Texaco is Gamestop and Yokohama is Best Buy. This game will have an online pass too, which includes more content.

Texaco Racing Team

o Ford Fiesta Open Class

o Opel Manta 400

o Monster Sport SX4 Hillclimb Special

o Stadium Truck

Brembo Racing Team

o Fiat 131 Abarth

o Toyota Tacoma

o Abarth Grande Punto S2000

o Stadium Buggy

Team Yokohama

o Lancia Delta HF Integrale

o Renault Alpine A110 1600S

o Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JUN

Mobil 1 Performance Team

o Audi Sport Quattro Rallye

o Ford RS200 RallyX

o VW Race Touareg 2

hmmmm. preordered from amazon today, hoping for the team yokohama content - LANCIA DELTA BITCH

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the more i see of dirt 3, the more i'm convinced that the team was heavily inspired by rsc2. the events and locatons look nearly lifted from that game

VVV Mars VG

LovingSteam said:
Hey man, thanks for the video. I have a question regarding the PC version; what type of graphic settings will you offer for customization? We know that DX11 will be included but is there anything else you can mention?

I haven't been able to get hold of the PC version yet, but as soon as they supply it I'll have a good rummage in the options.

The free copy of Dirt 2 for pre-ordering the game on Steam has pushed me over. basically paying 24 bucks for Dirt 3 as I was thinking about picking up Dirt 2 anyway.

InertiaXr

MoeB said:
do we know how many proper rally stages there are?

Suppose to be about 60% of the game.

Sure looks fun, Dirt 2 was awesome and the ice tracks look pretty cool. Does anybody else think the blue UI seems too bright and distracting from actual racing? I hope they let you change the UI tone like Fallout does, the Dirt 2 green/yellow looks pretty nice and isn't too distracting.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
op_ivy said:
the more i see of dirt 3, the more i'm convinced that the team was heavily inspired by rsc2. the events and locatons look nearly lifted from that game

we can only hope ;)

nofi

I did a hands on yesterday, too, if anyone wants to read more.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/05/11/driving-sideways-tsa-gets-down-and-dirty/

So, yes – Codemasters have done it again. DiRT 3′s easily the best looking of the recent EGO powered games, it’s now much crisper and sharper, frequently photographic and – for the most part – runs nicely at a motion-blur enhanced thirty frames per second. But more importantly, it handles like a dream, players able to make high speed snap decisions that instantly transpose onto the screen whilst retaining subtlety and elegance.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Think I'll get this for the 360. Any Aussie Gaffers have a suggestion where to buy it cheapest? Probably importing the UK version might be my best bet.

sneaky77

Square Triangle said:
I have Beat Buy gift cards, if I were to use those to buy Amazon Kindle cards...can I use those for any amazon purchase?
Yea it says on the card it can be used for any product

I just had an email from cool shop saying my pc preorder is now set for the 24th, which is a tuesday in the UK, I don't mind but our releases are usually on fridays.

God, Codemasters is pulling the terrible Facebook marketing shit.

If they get 100,000 likes the soundtrack will be revealed. From what I've read there is a lot of Euro techno which is awesome, similar to Dirt 1, but if it's a Warped Tour disc in the game I will murder. Get that bro pop punk shit out.

sneaky77 said:
Yea it says on the card it can be used for any product

And thank you, I had never actually read the cards before.

WOW. Been playing Dirt 2 PC lately with DX11 maxed, but Dirt 3 looks like it's going to blow Dirt 2 away in every aspect. God damn that looks good on 360.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I am doing a complete media blackout on D3. I will fire up the game on day 1 and have ROCK hard wood throughout the day while playing it!!!

Is the PC version going to support dx11 on day one?

isamu said:
I am doing a complete media blackout on D3. I will fire up the game on day 1 and have ROCK hard wood throughout the day while playing it!!!

Is the PC version going to support dx11 on day one?

Yes. DX11 GPUs were just coming out fresh from the oven around the time Dirt 2 was supposed to launch. It got delayed to integrate DX11 features. Dirt 3 won't be the same case. They've had plenty of time to really slam in even nicer DX11 coding. Since you are on a media blackout, you can't see just how amazing Dirt 3 PC is on DX11 full throttle. It is BITCHIN', man.

Mohonky

A: Where can I see these DX11 shots? Hoping my GTX570 can max this one out.
B: Is this going to have PC achievements like 2 did?

Game looks amazing. More rally focus, 35 euros preorder, dirt 2 for free (which I already own, but I'll gift it), fanatec support, I can't wait.

Did the developers say anything about DLC support on the PC? I don't want to miss out on anything.

Frawdder

Mohonky said:
A: Where can I see these DX11 shots? Hoping my GTX570 can max this one out.
B: Is this going to have PC achievements like 2 did?
To answer B, Dirt 3 is GFWL so PC achievements are most likely to be included.

I haven't looked at anything for this game since I pre-ordered it when it went up on Steam. Can't wait for it to be next week already.

Max

I am not Max
metareferential said:
Game looks amazing. More rally focus, 35 euros preorder, dirt 2 for free (which I already own, but I'll gift it), fanatec support, I can't wait.

Did the developers say anything about DLC support on the PC? I don't want to miss out on anything.
got anyone in mind? ;)

Ywap

Currently playing Dirt 2 on pc. Absolutely amazing game with spot on controls and graphics to die for.

Dirt 3 will probably rock even harder :)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Really wish i could get into a dirt game, i like everything about them apart from the game play.

Make it more like Forza/GT and less like a 90s arcade racer please.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Kentpaul said:
Really wish i could get into a dirt game, i like everything about them apart from the game play.

If Richard Burns Rally is any indication, "true" simulation Rally games are so hardcore that very few people actually manage to enjoy them. For me, it was utterly unplayable.
Dirt 3's cars finally have a credible weight though, it makes a huge difference in the gameplay, for the better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kentpaul said:

That's a selfish request.

Orgun

Pre-ordered Dirt 3 on steam and got Dirt 2 for free, I put 11 hours in over two days :p So much fun. I hope they've kept the Gatecrashers mode, I really enjoy that one.

Max said:
got anyone in mind? ;)

If no close friend (meaning someone who can get to me and hurt me xD) claims it (which I highly doubt will happen), consider it yours.

In the meantime, PM me your steam user name, so I can add you up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Game looks really good, but count me in the camp that would rather have an old school pure rally game aka Colin McRae (rest in peace dude!) verses the way they've taken their new dirt series with the whole action sports thing. I know it's gone that way partly in real life, but I just want an old school real deal rally game.

Give me that with these graphics and I'd be there day 1.

Top Bottom