• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 5 gameplay from xbox series S

RoboFu

One of the green rats
i mean its dirt... its not going to amaze on any level.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Those textures and static water :/
Series S gameplay before series X ;-;

i cant even pause the video and see anything clear enoughto even comment on the textures. 10 to 1 the other versions are the exact same as this.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I bet the XBX can do 1440/60 no sweat, maybe even the PS4 Pro. These games are designed for 60fps, so the frame rate is not even higher right?

scalman

well depends is it like medium/low settings running 1440p/60. its not bad but nothing amazing as well. ps4 pro could do similar i would guess.

Max_Po

Banned
I need to see gameplay from both machines in person... No way I can see it's native resolution on my phone.

I can see you avatar just fine...

748782.jpg

noiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Maybe the puddles are ray traced, but nothing in that video looks like a visual leap over current-gen.

I imagine it's less to do with the Series S being a last-gen console and more to do with the game being cross-gen.

onQ123

I was leaving out the PS5 and XBSX, the real next gen systems.

I'm sure Series S can also play the game at up to 120fps

The CPU is a big upgrade over Xbox One & PS4 so if the game is 1080P 60fps on PS4 it should be up to 120fps at 1080p on Series S.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm sure Series S can also play the game at up to 120fps

The CPU is a big upgrade over Xbox One & PS4 so if the game is 1080P 60fps on PS4 it should be up to 120fps at 1080p on Series S.

Most games are not CPU bottlenecked, most are GPU and the supporting VRAM bandwidth.

JimboJones

Maybe the puddles are ray traced, but nothing in that video looks like a visual leap over current-gen.

I imagine it's less to do with the Series S being a last-gen console and more to do with the game being cross-gen.
Don't think the puddles are raytraced. At 1.06-1.07 you can see one of the barriers of the car blocking the view of one of the black and yellow arrows in the background causing the reflection to disapear in the puddle which is a screen space reflection giveaway I think.

Last edited:

CuNi

we added so many features like RTX, SAO, etc. to our games, now they all look equally shitty.
We're hitting "uncanny valley" on so many fronts. Like water and puddles have RTX reflections that make it look very realistic, yet at the same time world lightning looks bleak as fuck with.
It's like some party are ULTRA while oder are set to low and this just looks like a complete mess to my eyes. It's just my subjective opinion and I honestly am quit jealous of all the people who can look at this and see something pleasing to their eyes. I would be able to enjoy way more games if they wouldn't look like trash in my eyes.

Oppoi

This is the new standard. Thank you Microsoft. I wanna hurl but I'm afraid MS are going to box that up and sell it as a next gen experience...

Oppoi

They list Xbox One first, then Series X, then PS5 and PS4, then Stadia, then Steam. This is what it looks like when Microsoft gains control. Just fucking die already.

This is the new standard. Thank you Microsoft. I wanna hurl but I'm afraid MS are going to box that up and sell it as a next gen experience...
Yeah... I don't get this. It's a 3rd party /cross-gen/ game, not an MS exclusive. Forza Horizon 4 was one of the best looking racing games last gen and the new Forza will be a looker this gen.

Oppoi

Yeah... I don't get this. It's a 3rd party /cross-gen/ game, not an MS exclusive. Forza Horizon 4 was one of the best looking racing games last gen and the new Forza will be a looker this gen.

Do you really think this is the best Codemasters can do? Really?

Last edited:
Top Bottom