• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disabled Gamer-Age: Bug Ubi (and others) to Include Button Re-Mapping as a Standard

bryehn

I've been involved in the field of Game Accessibility through my website, a much bigger site focussed on the subject and through an SIG I've been a member of as part as the IGDA for a few years and have always wondered how to approach the subject with GAF. Well, what better than a huge game and a dude that wants to be able to play it comfortably?

Please read this post at the UbiSoft forums about a gamer with a harsh skin condition that wants to be able to play Assassin's Creed III without hurting himself.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/689202-A-Disabld-Gamer-s-Request

Devices that help gamers like this...or those with conditions like MS or CP, or veterans missing some digits (or an arm) play games are generally expensive, and in some cases are even blocked by the console companies because they'e unlicensed.

Having free button-mapping in a game is an easy and cheap thing for any developer to implement and it could help broaden any game's audience in a snap.

mackattk

A simple (?) and cheap way of fixing button remapping is to have a usb dongle where the controller plugs into the dongle, and then the dongle plugs into the system of choice. There could be options on the dongle to remap the buttons....

Or, just play the pc versions of the games.

Top Bottom