• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster day of crises delayed to TBA in Japan !

Google Translate:

Daily patronage of our products are, Thank you.

Now, on July 3, 2008 (Thursday) and was scheduled to Release Wii software-only "DISASTER DAY OF CRISIS (Disaster Day of Crisis)" I had to extend the period of development, better quality and customer Delivery for the day we postpone it.
The changes after the launch, we have defined us as soon as bon appétit, so I thank you for your understanding, Sincerely.

Distribution and customer relationships of everyone in your frustration and a deeply apologize.

mio said:

You're joking, right? The game was at a stage where NCL were distributing promotional material with a firm release date – I really can’t see it getting binned at this late stage.

jts

...hate me...
Cosmonaut X said:
You're joking, right? The game was at a stage where NCL were distributing promotional material with a firm release date – I really can’t see it getting binned at this late stage.
Yes i am ;) This one is gonna rock
hopefully

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
can't seem to remember much about this game (except a couple of nice looking screens)
can someone plz remind me of this game's hype? it gets mentioned a lot by Wii owners.

EDIT: oh and to be on topic: the delay really sucks :p

jts

...hate me...
Jinfash said:
can't seem to remember much about this game (except a couple of nice looking screens)
can someone plz remind me of this game's hype? it gets mentioned a lot by Wii owners.

Monolith Soft was bought by Nintendo during the making of this game. Nuff said
Indifferent2.gif

batbeg

Jinfash said:

The screens look fugly, the concept sounds like a clusterfuck, and the story sounds like 24.

WHEN WILL WE KNOW MORE?! ;.;

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
mio said:
Monolith Soft was bought by Nintendo during the making of this game. Nuff said
Indifferent2.gif

ohhhhh monolith soft is developing, ok hype (or what's left of it) is justified...

This game better be triple-fucking-A with all these damn delays. I remember back when before the Wii launched and there was an IGN interview where the developer had said the game was near completion. Now it's almost 2 years later and still not released.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I was right about project hammered when I thought it'd never see the light of day, but I thought the same of this one. Please never come out so my intuition can be validated again

Dude, Disaster will be fucking godlike.

Reggie will show it at E3, everyone in the audience will be completely blown away, every magazine or gaming site will give it 5/5 or 10/10 or 100/100 and it'll sell 25 million copies.

Or not.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'd say there was a pretty obviously an issue with late development.

Consider this:
- European retailer leaks that had in the past been reliable had the title schedule for a late spring release (in Europe)
- Title has been "mostly done" since late 2006.
- NCL does not generally release a specific date for release unless things are almost almost almost done
- This date was issued in a financial document, not the slightly less official-y PR channels. While there are safe harbour provisions related to forward-looking statements, investors are not happy if companies actually have to say "WHOOPS SAFE HARBOUR!"
- The date was announced with product promo posters, which are generally to help bolster retail awareness.

Definitely a last-minute issue--either that, or the devs put the product in the can and it didn't focus test well at all.

Halcyon776

Neo Member
ugh! I was looking forward to this too! Now Nintendo's only hardcore game slated to be hopefully released this year is Sadness...

at least the 3rd party line-up is becoming pretty solid for this year...

kottila

Halcyon776 said:
ugh! I was looking forward to this too! Now Nintendo's only hardcore game slated to be hopefully released this year is Sadness...

Wut? Is this some new type of sarcasm?

batbeg

Halcyon776 said:

. . .

NeoGAF will not be kind to you.

sprocket

Banned
Its not coming out. Games like this and project hammer where being made in case waggle totally failed. Since it didn't Nintendo is shifting focus to waggle centric games.

Epiphyte

sprocket said:
Its not coming out. Games like this and project hammer where being made in case waggle totally failed. Since it didn't Nintendo is shifting focus to waggle centric games.
I hate to tell you, but Hammer was waggliscious

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
sprocket said:

hurrrrrrrr

Halcyon776 said:
How so? I don't see anything wrong with my statement...

Sadness is a fake game made by a fake company who isn't Nintendo and its fake release date isn't 2008 anyway?

Exempted

Banned
sprocket said:
yeah but in a crappy not needed at all way.
So... it would have failed with waggle? That's a pretty weird backup plan, one that fails if the thing its backing up fails. :\

wait... so people are dumb enough to think this will come out within a month's time? :lol

edit: ah, july. thought it said june. but still, this is at least 3 months away. we've seen nothing. think about it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Halcyon776 said:
I apologize that I didn't know this

Seriously?

I didn't mean to be rude, then! It's okay not to know something. With GAF though sometimes you assume that if someone says something that isn't quite right, it's because they're being a jerk.

Sadness is being "developed" by Nibris (a Polish company). They do not have Wii development kits as far as anyone can tell. They're not properly licenced. The game has been announced for years, but no resources from the game have ever been released. They've went through several publishers who have dumped them. They've also passed off art for other projects as art for Sadness, which is a very sleazy thing to do.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Nintendo is not happy with the result is seems.

What, and they had to wait to 6 weeks before release to decide that? This is the stage where the game should be going gold and they start gearing up for it hitting the shelves. They would have to have been remarkably – and uncharacteristically – hands-off with Monolith Soft to have let it get to this point before they decided there was a problem with the game itself.

At this stage, I can only imagine there’s been an issue during the final testing phases, or some kind of issue separate from the game itself that is causing the delay (marketing, manufacturing etc.)

Top Bottom