• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster: Day of Crisis coming on October 24th

Shiggy

Member
Jun 10, 2004
26,711
1
1,665
I think it's funny that on the one hand NoE doesn't confirm this date to big websites but on the other hand they confirm it to private users via their consumer service.
 

tabsina

Member
Oct 26, 2007
2,134
0
0
Shiggy said:
I'm not sure, it says
This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete this communication from your system. Failure to follow this process may be unlawful. Thank you for your cooperation.
:lol how would you know before reading..

hrm.. i feel like someone is going to reply with "look at the "Dear ____" at the top, so thought i'd bring up that i feel like someone is going to say that :p
 

Shiggy

Member
Jun 10, 2004
26,711
1
1,665
tabsina said:
:lol how would you know before reading..

hrm.. i feel like someone is going to reply with "look at the "Dear ____" at the top, so thought i'd bring up that i feel like someone is going to say that :p
Well, it doesn't include my name, it just says "Hello,".
 

Shiggy

Member
Jun 10, 2004
26,711
1
1,665
Edag Plata said:
So is there any confirmation or source on this release date claim?
Yes, from both Nintendo Germany, retailers and other European distributors.
 

sphinx

the piano man
Nov 21, 2006
15,738
0
1,360
Germany
this no-hype announcements and casually revealed info almost always mean a game will not live to expectations.

I hope I am wrong.
 

tabsina

Member
Oct 26, 2007
2,134
0
0
sphinx said:
this no-hype announcements and casually revealed info almost always mean a game will not live to expectations.

I hope I am wrong.
same .. because that'd mean that both warioland and captain rainbow are going to be poor
 

Bizzyb

Banned
Feb 5, 2008
3,296
0
0
Wash DC
Shiggy said:
I'm not sure, it says
This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete this communication from your system. Failure to follow this process may be unlawful. Thank you for your cooperation.
Well it doesn't seem like you have any problems with "unlawful" actions. I would prefer a show and tell. Heck you've already dipped your toe in the pool, might as well dive in.
 

Shiggy

Member
Jun 10, 2004
26,711
1
1,665
Bizzyb said:
Well it doesn't seem like you have any problems with "unlawful" actions. I would prefer a show and tell. Heck you've already dipped your toe in the pool, might as well dive in.
Well, the information was already available.
But you could write a mail yourself: info@nintendo.de
You should get a confirmation. Nevertheless, I don't have any reason to distrust Nintendo Germany or sources at distributors - those have been right in the past.

You don't have to believe it now, but you will have to in the future when there'll be a press release.
 

Shiggy

Member
Jun 10, 2004
26,711
1
1,665


There is new information on the German Nintendo website and besides email confirmation they at least confirm it for Q4.

http://www.nintendo.de/NOE/de_DE/games/wii/disaster_day_of_crisis_9381.html


- play as former US marine Raymond Bryce
- the player drives, swims, runs and shoots in 23 different parts
- natural disasters include vulcanos, earth quakes, flooding, thornados and tsunamis.
- additionally, you have to fight against the terroristic group "SURGE"

- use Wii Remote+NunChuk for escaping those natural disaster, deactivating bombs and more
- you always have to keep an eye on Ray's health, he needs clean/fresh air when his lungs are filled with smoke and he also needs food for getting energy
- save civilians from dangers, e.g. drowning or do first aid


It is also said that it's got a story that could have also made it for a movie.
 

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Feb 15, 2006
4,129
90
1,420
Shiggy said:
- additionally, you have to fight against the terroristic group "SURGE"
Is the terrorist group a political statement about US policy in Iraq or a commercial statement about a caffeine-laden soft drink?