• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster: Day of Crisis coming on October 24th

Shiggy

Disaster: Day of Crisis

KEY INFORMATION
Survive nature’s most devastating catastrophes in Disaster: Day of Crisis, a panic-inducing survival game for Wii. In a devastatingly short period of time, an unprecedented wave of natural disasters has pummeled the United States. On top of this inexplicable series of disasters, a rogue special forces unit has taken advantage of the chaos and seized a nuclear weapon. Only Ray, a former member of an elite rescue task force, has decided to take a stand.
• Cutting-edge physics and gripping visuals re-create the sheer terror of major catastrophes.
• Players race a car down a mountain to escape a roaring pyroclastic flow, dodge toppling buildings during a devastating earthquake and swim for their lives in a raging flood. No matter what happens, fight to survive.

Developer: Monolith Software
Publisher: Nintendo

disaster-day-of-crisis-screens-20080118040032141_640w.jpg
disaster-day-of-crisis-screens-20080118040037579_640w.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/75643.html

Information, trailer and screenshots taken from older builds.

Revealed at E3 2006 together with many high-profile titles made by Nintendo, Disaster: Day of Crisis was originally planned for a release in 2007. Due to quality issues and a full schedule with games like Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3 it was delayed until early 2008. While already sitting on releaselists with a determined July releasedate it was delayed because of on-going quality issues.

Now Disaster: Day of Crisis, developed by the makers of Baten Kaitos and Xenosaga, will finally see a release. Just recently the game got its finishing touches in order to submit a copy to the Australian OFLC (the finished game is needed for their rating). As of today, the game will be released on October 24th in Europe. Let's hope it will slip again out of our field of vision with Animal Crossing in November and Wii Music in December. An official confirmation will follow soon - together with European releasedates for DS games like Professor Layton, Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir and Rhythm Heaven.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
disaster-day-of-crisis-screens-20080118040037579_640w.jpg

That actually doesn't look too shabby. Wanna see it in action though.

Its good that Europe and Australia are going to see it, but I wonder why NoA haven't used the opportunity to release it in the US and fill up some spaces in the gaming portfolio.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
• Players race a car down a mountain to escape a roaring pyroclastic flow, dodge toppling buildings during a devastating earthquake and swim for their lives in a raging flood. No matter what happens, fight to survive.

Wait, so is it just mini-games or QTE's based on certain events? LAME

bryehn

Europe first? Hope we see a North American release this year too...just please not that week (Fable 2, LBP)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Europe before Japan and N.A?

I'm a bit skeptical..

RBH

JasonMCG said:
I will eat my shoe if this comes out anywhere on October 24th.
This.

We've barely heard anything about this game for so long now, it would shock me if this actually came out before the end of this year.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
JasonMCG said:
I will eat my shoe if this comes out anywhere on October 24th.
Post a topic to show us how you prepared it and consumed it, pics would be nice as well.

WTF. Nintendo says absolutely NOTHING about this shit, and then just releases it. They are sluts. Nintendo are unadulterated sluts. :lol

Ike said:

Wait, so is it just mini-games or QTE's based on certain events? LAME
It's not just that. You're facing natural disasters and terrorists (who you can shoot).

Nemesis_

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. The only fucking Wii game I want this year and it's coming out in Europe first and won't play on my US console.

Oh well, at least I got to play Brawl, Prime and a bunch of other games so early.:lol :lol :lol

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If this hits Europe this year, I find it hard to believe it won't get released in the USA as well... although you'd think they'd have MENTIONED it at e3 at least once, if that were the case.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
I guess that a game coming out three months after E3 really didn't merit mention at Nintendo's conference.

jrricky

Banned
Interesting Release.......

it doesnt matter if it comes this year or not for me though, cause there is so much i have to buy already.

Jaruru

oh well, Nintendo keeps their promise
they mentioned about the announcement in 1-2 months prior the game release, rather than 1/2 yr before then ppl would lose interest

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
TheKingsCrown said:
WTF. Nintendo says absolutely NOTHING about this shit, and then just releases it. They are sluts. Nintendo are unadulterated sluts. :lol

How many times need it be repeated than Nintendo doesn't want to hype their games until they're almost finished and ready to be shipped?

Jon

Ummm...why is Nintendo announcing this now?! After releasing no info on this game whatsoever, it just suddenly appears? Tricky tricky Nintendo.

DavidDayton said:
If this hits Europe this year, I find it hard to believe it won't get released in the USA as well... although you'd think they'd have MENTIONED it at e3 at least once, if that were the case.
Well they didn't mention Wario Land: Shake It! either. IIRC it was only talked about on their press site.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
TheKingsCrown said:
They could have at least said it was coming!

They didn't tell us about Wario Land Shake and Captain Rainbow, so :p.

I hope they'll show some media for Disaster. At first I was worried that it might be average at best, but now that they've announced a release date, the next logical step would be to show some pics and videos, just as they did for Wario and Captain Rainbow.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
The recent media, where is it?

Not holding my breath nor releasing any hostages as long as my demands are not satisfied!!!!

EDIT : I also want a pepperoni pizza, a stripper and an helicopter with a full tank.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Shiggy said:
Due to quality issues and a full schedule with games like Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3 it was delayed until early 2008. While already sitting on releaselists with a determined July releasedate it was delayed because of on-going quality issues.

Speculation.

Just recently the game got its finishing touches in order to submit a copy to the Australian OFCL (the finished game is needed for their rating).

OFLC, not OFCL.

Top Bottom