• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster:Day of Crisis New Pics - It Lives

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
shidoshi said:
BOOOOO.

I thought this was more of a survival game, not yet another game where I'm shooting people. Lame.

How about reading duckroll`s post ?

Hesemonni

Banned
bluheim said:
OK, maybe my eyes are deceiving me but this looks awful to me :

ddocwi056.jpg
So Metal Gears, Ninjas hanging from windows within disasterstruck Silent Hill?

Day
n
one!

DefectiveReject said:
I personally CANNOT wait for Nintendo to go HD.

Mario Galaxy and more are visual delights in SD. Imagine that world in HD. this game alng with others makes me wish HD was now with Nintendo purely to see what the real vision of this game was!

Yeah. In particular Zelda HD would destroy everything else developed until now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fantastical said:
Looks like it is all on-rails, which is what I thought when it was first shown.

What? :lol All of it?

Mithos Yggdrasill said:

Even Wind Waker? I thought Wind Waker was "timeless" and all that BS?

Shiggy said:
Those were promo shots for the Japanese release. The game saves are from July 3rd and since Europe seems to get game first we probably would've got screenshots without Japanese text.

Furthermore, some screenshots are from this ad:
disasterdayoc2.jpg
Oh, you have a point there.

We should wait for Nintendo to release new screens over some random site I guess :D

Shiggy

Black-Wind said:
Oh, you have a point there.

We should wait for Nintendo to release new screens over some random site I guess :D

I really wonder how those screenshots got released - and I don't think Nintendo wanted that ;)

scitek

jrricky said:
wait how did u get that from the screens?

Ah, and i need to see it in motion please.

I think he got that more from duckroll's translation of the menu screens. The game apparently is stage based and you get a ranking after completing each, I'm assuming like a lightgun game. Also appearing to be like a lightgun game are the shooting sections, where the only time we see the main character is when he's taking cover or reloading.

2ikdxdi.jpg

That, combined with the running sequences and the QTEs makes it look like Time Crisis meets Die Hard Arcade to me.

The multiple gameplay types shown also point to the game being more of a mini-game fest than an actual continuous experience like Zelda or something. Not saying it's a bad thing since I like those type of games, but I think some people might be disappointed.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Mario, Zelda, and MP3, Pikmin 3 (Bitches) in HD.. Yummy.

Screw you casual bastards (And Me) HD visuals are gorgeous and Nintendo are depriving us of 5years of eye candy....... keep midi tunes Nintendo, just go HD
I’ll bite and buy a new Wii HD

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Lots of gray. Those graphics aren't wowing me at all (apart from the bear :lol ). Will need gameplay vids and impressions to decide.

Shiggy said:
Those were promo shots for the Japanese release. The game saves are from July 3rd and since Europe seems to get game first we probably would've got screenshots without Japanese text.

Furthermore, some screenshots are from this ad:
disasterdayoc2.jpg

So, fundamentally these screens are old.

I hope people who are constantly harping on the gray/brown color palette of other games don't cut this any slack.

Anyway, we'll see how it plays, but man the Wii's graphical shortcomings are by far most evidenced in games like these which attempt realistic complex landscapes.

Shiggy

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
So, fundamentally these screens are old.

But we don't know how much they have changed the game from May (those screenshots were made before the delay was announced) until August (the final game was rated by the OFCL).

duckroll

fresquito said:
The screens can be found at GamesPress.

There are only 63 screens at WorthPlaying, but GamesPress says it has 78 screenshots, a few bits of supporting artwork and 5 character art pieces. :eek:

Sadist

Here come the surprise announcements...

Enviroments look meh, the character model is actually good. Waiting for trailer.

wrowa

Stumpokapow said:
Shitty quality screen caps made worse by re-JPGing them to add a shitty watermark.
Well, here you can find the screens without the watermark but they look nevertheless as shitty as with the worthplaying tag. These are simply really, really bad screen caps. I can't unterstand why on earth Nintendo made these pictures public.

You know, it might still be a continuous game. It could just be set up like RE4 and it's chapters just that you get a ranking as well.

Screens look good but I want a trailer and some more gameplay and controls details.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Nuclear Muffin said:
You know, it might still be a continuous game. It could just be set up like RE4 and it's chapters just that you get a ranking as well.

Screens look good but I want a trailer and some more gameplay and controls details.
Yeah, other than what was translated from the menu screen, I don't get where you guys are getting gameplay details from.

Need to see some video.

Formless

Looks pretty generic style-wise. Textures and environments are pretty bland, but the main character model looks nice. I'm guessing a lot of the environments are dynamic, as this is a disaster game.

Fio

I want to see a video. The quality of these screens is terrible and I'm yet to see a Wii game that looks good on screenshoots.

This reminds me of when Metroid Prime 3 screens were released and everyone
idiots
was claiming that its going to look worse than the first two.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
jrricky said:
wait how did u get that from the screens?

Ah, and i need to see it in motion please.
e0ohly.jpg

b5i3np.jpg

2yvqcmx.jpg

2vxrv4z.jpg

2lt4x2s.jpg

All those look on-rails to me. But then again, there are a good amount of screens in 3rd person that looks like you can run around. I dunno... it looks weird to me.

wrowa

Fantastical said:
All those look on-rails to me. But then again, there are a good amount of screens in 3rd person that looks like you can run around. I dunno... it looks weird to me.
You can't post the images from worthplaying. They don't allow hotlinking.

I could care less about the graphics. When has a Wii game ever looked good in screenshots (besides SMG)? The gameplay just sounds unappealing. I'm not interested in a game where you're playing some crappy light-gun shooter half of the time.

2wpumih.jpg

b5i3np.jpg

I don't completely get the graphic hate. I feel like these graphics are way above anything being done on Wii right now and even noticeably better than a Ps2 game.

BTW, the gameplay seems to be constantly changing. As if it's a bunch of...ah! minigames...strung together.

I need to see Disaster in motion before I can make any sort of judgement, screenshots are always a bad way of judging a Wii game. Not that these are bad but even Metroid Prime 3 looked pretty meh in stills.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'll buy this cause I love MonolithSoft (like I bought Eternal Sonata knowing it would blow), but my expectations aren't very high.

So why am I shooting people in a Nintendo title? are these rubber bullets or do the enemies just faint?
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Only for Zelda fans.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
is the ugliness on purpose? you know, like some a parody or something?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Honestly, it makes me wonder why this game has taken this long to come out. If these are screens of the final version... what the hell have they been doing?

Top Bottom