• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster:Day of Crisis New Pics - It Lives

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
ivysaur12 said:
I'll buy this cause I love MonolithSoft (like I bought Eternal Sonata knowing it would blow), but my expectations aren't very high.
you DO know that MonolithSoft had absolutely nothing to do with Eternal Sonata right?

anyway, told you all so, blah, blah, i won't get into it. as for the screens, terrible caps, will wait for footage, though the gameplay does intrigue me. note that the "stage" based gameplay described by our good friend and mod Duckroll could end up being closer to chapter based gameplay. furthermore, the on-rails shooting needs to be fleshed out a bit more for me to make a judgment call on it. there could be many ways in which it will be taken.

Bluemercury said:
You mean games only appeal to its fans......really?
Appeal != Destroying everything so far this generation
otake said:
is the ugliness on purpose? you know, like some a parody or something?
It's not that bad, the particle effects are really good and kinda outstrips its peers on PS2. I'll wait to see it in motion beforehand because I'm not sure all of these screens are new.

[Nintex]

Looks ok, good to see that the game actually lives and that it will actually be released in October. Finally Nintendo is showing some "effort" beyond Mario, Zelda and other common IP's.

Screens look pretty ugly (maybe they're from early in the development cycle, I'm hoping), but I guess we'll have to see it in motion anyway.

Sadist

GB_Wii_DisasterDayofCrisis.jpg

The German page of Nintendo got an update...

PetriP-TNT said:
One more main character with a tribal armband and I will stop playing games forever.

No you wont. . .

The character models look pretty good. But I hope all their efforts went into their "Cutting-edge physics " and gameplay if the graphics don't look to grand.

Shiggy

From the other thread:
- play as former US marine Raymond Bryce
- the player drives, swims, runs and shoots in 23 different parts
- natural disasters include vulcanos, earth quakes, flooding, thornados and tsunamis.
- additionally, you have to fight against the terroristic group "SURGE"

- use Wii Remote+NunChuk for escaping those natural disaster, deactivating bombs and more
- you always have to keep an eye on Ray's health, he needs clean/fresh air when his lungs are filled with smoke and he also needs food for getting energy
- save civilians from dangers, e.g. drowning and do first aid

Sadist said:
Oh, okay. So this is the new Nintendo? Sneaking past everybody and putting the game on the shelfs?
Yes. . . Can't wait for them to pop LoZ Wii out on us 3 months before it's X-mas 09 release!:D

Shiggy

Sadist said:
Oh, okay. So this is the new Nintendo? Sneaking past everybody and putting the game on the shelfs?

Yup, don't you see how successful it is? They probably expect the game to get a media hype with "Gustav".

Linkup

These screens should put everyone's expectations in check regardless of who's dev or pub. I don't expect anything to change since it's coming in two months. The one thing that is annoying is the difference between the older screens/box art shots saturation and these, which doesn't make me hopeful.

Bring on the US release date.

bdouble

Fantastical said:
Honestly, it makes me wonder why this game has taken this long to come out. If these are screens of the final version... what the hell have they been doing?

we already determined that they most likely aren't. Some of the screens are the ones from the add released a while ago.

JavyOO7

It'd be nice if Nintendo would release a demo of this game.

But TNA impact has a better chance of getting a 1.3 rating before Nintendo ever does something with common sense as that.

samratty

Doesn't look great graphically but there's something about this game that continues to intrigue me. Don't dissapoint me Monolith/Nintendo.

"Ex-US-Marine Raymond Bryce will drive, swim, run and shoot through 23 sections, while they are being destroyed by volcanos, tsunamis, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes. Furthermore he'll have to fight a dubious terrorist organisation called SURGE.

Ray will have to find fresh air when his lungs are filled with smoke and he'll have to eat to regain his strength. The player will have to save citizens from various dangerous situations and even apply first-aid measures. He'll also have to defuse bombs and whatnot using the Wii-mote and nunchuck."

Nintendo also promise lots of unlockables and a cinematic story.

From N-E.

Tellyn said:
"Ex-US-Marine Raymond Bryce will drive, swim, run and shoot through 23 sections, while they are being destroyed by volcanos, tsunamis, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes. Furthermore he'll have to fight a dubious terrorist organisation called SURGE.

Ray will have to find fresh air when his lungs are filled with smoke and he'll have to eat to regain his strength. The player will have to save citizens from various dangerous situations and even apply first-aid measures. He'll also have to defuse bombs and whatnot using the Wii-mote and nunchuck."

Nintendo also promise lots of unlockables and a cinematic story.

From N-E.

Que?

When was this?

If this game turns out even half as cool as I hope it will, Nintendo will have another critically acclaimed hit under its belt.

Probably won't sell worth a shit though. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
:D Didn't know this, cool!

Edit - Play as Luigi! Do it!

Replace the pistol with the Poltergust!

Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :D

Or at least have an unlockable Luigi costume like in Fatal Frame.
:D

TunaLover said:
are all those screenshots from the same build'

some looks nice detailed, other just plain...
No, the screens Nintendo UK sent out today does include the first one we really saw, the DDR on a Bridge.

The M.O.B

There really is no good timeframe to release this without a real major disaster around the corner. Hurricane Gustav just now, and probably another later.

Anyways, with just these screens I can till some of the parts are gonna be really broken.
Driving,shooting, sneaking?QTE's and numerous wii-motion parts...... somethings got to give

WTF at these screens
2818148822_9461d66ab3.jpg

Is the town underwater?

Hangliding?
2818149596_c323bde623.jpg

To say the least, I'm VERY interested in how this is gonna play.

I remember when this game was first announced it was to be a minigame of sorts, and from the looks of it, it looks to be a complete game but with so many (and many) different usage of the Wiimote/Nunchuk, it really does feel like a minigame.. for the hardcore :)

I like the screens alot!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
flipping_heck said:
I remember when this game was first announced it was to be a minigame of sorts, and from the looks of it, it looks to be a complete game but with so many (and many) different usage of the Wiimote/Nunchuk, it really does feel like a minigame.. for the hardcore :)

I like the screens alot!

Minigames... for hardcores?

Get the fuck out! :lol

Top Bottom