• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Disciples: Liberation Announcement Trailer

Pantz

Sep 21, 2006

Platforms: Win-PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S PlayStation 4|5
FEATURE LIST
• 80+ hour single-player campaign: experience a sprawling dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and five unique endings to unlock

• Explore a war-torn realm: journey through a sprawling world in ruin and work to unearth its endless secrets, hidden treasures, and bloody past

• Write your own story: pick from four uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to your cause from an assortment of factions

• Build a base: take on quests for precious resources and use your political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary

• Fight for your life: recruit 50+ units and amass an army best suited to your play style; hone both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat.

• Challenge deadly bosses: test your mettle and pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy

• Choice is everything: let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become

• Fight your friends: put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes

Reactions: nikolino840

sobaka770

Jun 25, 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
Art design looks busy. I liked the old Disciples in days when HoMM was the best thing ever (and it still is) but I doubt there's anything left from that time apart from the brand.
This is a totally different game in a different genre from a different studio. Anyway, I'm all up for a good cRPG, let's hope it succeeds.

Shouta

Jun 6, 2004
A new Disciples? Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I agree that the art design seems a bit busy though.

Pantz

Sep 21, 2006
Older games in the series are 80% off on Steam right now. Might check them out.
Don't know anything about the series myself but I thought the CG trailer was cool.

TheCockatrice

Jun 16, 2019
While a new Disciples game sounds amazing on paper it's Kalypso. They have not been doing anything that goes above and beyond average/ok so what they're promising should not be taken as factual.

michaelius

Banned
Jan 5, 2012
They should have went for part 2 battle system - this looks like copy of newr trash HoMM games.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2013
Omaha, NE - USA
I have the older games on GOG. I like Diciples, but 3 really sucked. Something felt off. Maybe it was the graphics. Yeah, I don’t expect it to be amazing. I just expect it to be cool.