• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disco Elysium is Getting a TV Show | Will be Developed by Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Producer

Mista

Banned
14970580_f1024.jpg

Disco Elysium one of the indie darlings of 2019, is getting its very own TV show. This is according to Variety whom also reports that the developers of the video game, ZA/UM, are teaming up with the production company behind the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, dj2 Entertainment.

Not much else, such as a release date, writer, casting, plot details, etc. is revealed in the exclusive from Variety.

Dj2 Entertainment expresses their excitement over taking on this project of bringing Disco Elysium to TV screens, saying:
Disco Elysium’ is a phenomenal property with an expansive world and unlimited potential,” says dj2 CEO and founder Dmitri M. Johnson. “The dj2 team is truly thrilled about this extraordinary opportunity to be part of it all.

Incredibly hard to pull off but if they do we could be staring at one of the best shows about a videogame.

I always thought Lucky reminded me the main guy in Disco.

The game isn't, the developers are, but they're also excellent satirists. It's really easy to seperate art from artist here and you're missing out if you don't check it out.

Its difficult for me to believe that people who really believe in something as flawed as communism (as I have seen it in the USSR, China, North Korea, Cuba and Vietnam), would be smart enough to tell an interesting story AND not inject their misguided bias/propaganda into it as well.

Teslerum

Its difficult for me to believe that people who really believe in something as flawed as communism (as I have seen it in the USSR, China, North Korea, Cuba and Vietnam), would be smart enough to tell an interesting story AND not inject their misguided bias/propaganda into it as well.
Its not. People are capable of that and its a near requirement for good comedians (who more often than not hold rather extreme beliefs, but also the ability to satirize themselves and everything around them)

Its not. People are capable of that and its a near requirement for good comedians (who more often than not hold rather extreme beliefs, but also the ability to satirize themselves and everything around them)
See I agree with you, but good comedians are also often pretty well read and interested in people's behaviour and history.

Yet the total blind spot for the fact that, whenever communists do actually get into power, they're the kind of people that are immediately killed or disappeared off to die in some gulag, is baffling to me.

PresetError

Neophyte
Wouldn't Disco Elysium be super hard to translate into a TV show because of all the internal monologuing and some of the taboo for our current moral standards subjects it touches?

whyman

Well being STRONGLY opposed to communism I still liked the game. I think it depends more on how open minded the player is.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I was pretty interested in this game and then I heard it was pro-communist... or one of the main devs was.

The devs are but they're also smart enough not to expect you to be. You're missing out on a fantastic game - honestly a worthy successor to Planescape Torment but more fucked up. It's a game that assumes the player is intelligent enough to make their own choices and it won't judge whether you take the communist, fascist, centrist or other routes. The story is fantastic, the characters brilliant, it's one of the best games released in the last decade.

iorek21

Ugh, there’s no communist propaganda in this game. It likes to joke with every political ideology and allows players to choose an ideology should they wish.

Disco Elysium is a game like Tropico

Tenaciousmo

I never thought the producer of anything made any major difference in the end. great producer made bad movies, unknown producer made great ones... still excited to see it.

Top Bottom