• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued/rare food items you miss

drganon

I loved these back when i was a kid.
KUMHGai.jpg

Fbh

I don't know if it's only in my country but these used to be my favorites:

apple_oh_s_by_bethzombie_d2po5km-fullview.jpg

And then they just went away someday and there's nothing quite like them (at least around here)

Nymphae

Banned
91Up8prRbkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Not sold in Canada anymore, I can get through various importers but I'm not paying like 10 bucks for a box of sugar.

Last edited:

Coconutt

I don't know if it's only in my country but these used to be my favorites:

apple_oh_s_by_bethzombie_d2po5km-fullview.jpg

And then they just went away someday and there's nothing quite like them (at least around here)

You sure they didn't just rebrand to Apple Jacks? Looks similar.

Blond

Banned

Why not just buy the taco bell beef seasoning packet, mild cheddar and bottle taco sauce and make it yourself?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
surge-soda-can-mobile.png

Surge was my jam in the 90s, all my best memories seem to have happened while I was gulping down this sugary crap.

I've ordered a few cases over the past few years from Amazon and it's been great. I've tried it in the Burger King Coke Freestyle machine around here and it's... not the same.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Cinnamon chewing gum without artificial flavorings and artificial sugars.

Seriously, I started chewing cinnamon gum because it was one of the last gum flavors that was still "natural", and then it suddenly wasn't. I'm 100% certain that I could go online and find some boutique brand but we're talking about gum, so I've never bothered.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cinnamon chewing gum without artificial flavorings and artificial sugars.

Seriously, I started chewing cinnamon gum because it was one of the last gum flavors that was still "natural", and then it suddenly wasn't. I'm 100% certain that I could go online and find some boutique brand but we're talking about gum, so I've never bothered.
Funny story - I'm deathly allergic to cinnamon. When I was a kid someone gave me a stick of gum and I had to be rushed to the hospital. My throat swells up and my airway gets obstructed. It's fucking terrifying, because a lot of things (especially around the holidays) have cinnamon in them, and most people don't really think about warning you if they don't know you. I'm anosmic (which means I can't smell anything) and that makes it much more difficult to detect.

I'm totally okay with artificial cinnamon flavor though but I obviously don't care for it. ie I would be fine with today's artificial cinnamon flavored gum. At least it wouldn't kill me, that is.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Funny story - I'm deathly allergic to cinnamon. When I was a kid someone gave me a stick of gum and I had to be rushed to the hospital. My throat swells up and my airway gets obstructed. It's fucking terrifying, because a lot of things (especially around the holidays) have cinnamon in them, and most people don't really think about warning you if they don't know you. I'm anosmic (which means I can't smell anything) and that makes it much more difficult to detect.

I'm totally okay with artificial cinnamon flavor though but I obviously don't care for it. ie I would be fine with today's artificial cinnamon flavored gum. At least it wouldn't kill me, that is.
Dang, that's an awful allergy. :messenger_fearful:

I totally get the risk of cinnamon in holiday treats, that's a pretty common ingredient. Apple pies and such.

drganon

BCumyz7.jpg

This stuff was amazing. Or at least I remember it being amazing. It's been over twenty years and I cant even remember what it tasted like. All I remember is that I liked it and even back in the day it was hard to find.

manfestival

I see Oreo Os get limited runs. They were my favorite of all.
Butter finger bbs were so good. I watched some video on these things.

I LOVED Squirt as a kid. That stuff was crack.

MacReady13

Don't have an image, but here in Australia we used to have these things called Deli Cups. I believe they were in KFC or Red Rooster, and they were delicious! In the 90's or early 2000's they, for some reason, discontinued them, and I have never found anything similar in over 2 decades...

lock2k

Banned
I know they still exist in other countries, but I miss Rice Krispies and Snapple (we don't have those in Brazil anymore). Also, Cherry Coke.

Spent my childhood eating rice krispies. Whenever I'm in the U.S. I buy it (too bad I don't go much there).

91wQJ7zL0hL._SL1500_.jpg

Ghekkus

I came to post PB Crisps but since that’s been covered I miss BarNone candy bars.

tumblr_lwhqz1smiP1r8vktho1_640.jpg

I used to miss Sharkleberry Fin Kool-Aid but luckily they brought it back a few years ago.

Last edited:

Quasicat

the Wendy's salad bar

8essg1qtbph11.jpg

I worked on the Super Bar for two years in high school. Their hot side was amazing! All of the sauces were powders that were rehydrated, but they tasted great. I loved working it since it was the only position where I worked alone and they just let me run it. The bad part of running the Super Bar was being responsible for doing all of the dishes in that place. The person that closed the Super Bar was always the last one out.

Top Bottom