• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discussion: Can the 2080Ti be able to run PS5 &XSX games on ultra 4k ?

pyrocro

control is not more a game made with rtx in mind than metro exodus, shadow of the tomb raider or any other multi-platform game with a partnership to add nvidia features.

this prove control was made as a multiplat game :

* p7 is control.
part of the strategy with control was to port the engine on ps4.

more recently https://www.remedygames.com/remedy-...ames-to-publish-two-new-multi-platform-games/

upcoming remedy games will also be made with console in mind.

tell me when you want to wake up..
sorry my bad wrong link

martino

sorry my bad wrong link

Now, Remedy has added ray-tracing to Control

it's strange you need to add something when it's supposed to be how did you said it "built from the ground up " for it

200_d.gif

Last edited:

pyrocro

with this 2018 article about RT experiment you only prove RT is an afterthought in case of control (or you think dev began in 2018 ?)
control is not more a game made with rtx in mind than metro exodus, shadow of the tomb raider or any other multi-platform game with a partnership to add nvidia features.

this prove control was made as a multiplat game :

* p7 is control.
part of the strategy with control was to port the engine on ps4.

more recently https://www.remedygames.com/remedy-...ames-to-publish-two-new-multi-platform-games/

upcoming remedy games will also be made with console in mind.

tell me when you want to wake up..
The implementation did not come about in months, it needed to be planned for the start, it the reason why Directx12 existed way before the 1st official game supported it.
Is Gears of War 4 and 5 made for the Xbox in mind or is because it using unreal engine a multiplatform engine it is not. Really?

you arguing that the Nvidia specific feature that Nvidia Paid these companies to implement didn't have the NVidia RTX cards in mind. really? :messenger_weary:

They did have RTX2080ti in mind and they needed to do it before they started writing code, which is why they get unreleased hardware.:messenger_neutral:

pyrocro

it's strange you need to add something when it's supposed to be how did you said it "built from the ground up " for it

200_d.gif
Look at the date funny how it's already in the engine before the Nvidia PR press release.:messenger_open_mouth:
march 3 2018 remedy publicly announce
August 20, 2018 Nvidia PR release

but i guess now you will say well they started it in march,
No one writes software like that, that was in the works months or years before.

Last edited:

martino

The implementation did not come about in months, it needed to be planned for the start, it the reason why Directx12 existed way before the 1st official game supported it.
Is Gears of War 4 and 5 made for the Xbox in mind or is because it using unreal engine a multiplatform engine it is not. Really?

you arguing that the Nvidia specific feature that Nvidia Paid these companies to implement didn't have the NVidia RTX cards in mind. really? :messenger_weary:

They did have RTX2080ti in mind and they needed to do it before they started writing code, which is why they get unreleased hardware.:messenger_neutral:
again adding a feature is not making a game for it.
again no game i know about has been made targeting a specific nvidia card or feature (is that more clear ?)
and this claim is just wrong
Control was built from the ground up for RTX ray tracing, come on man you making it to easy now.
your last post is a really poor:
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

pyrocro

this make no sense for normal people.
again game are not made targeting a specific nvidia card or feature (is that more clear ?)
LOL MEMES wil not save your bad logic
Control was completed within three years with a GB£30 million budge

Started in 2017 -----public announce raytracing march 2018-----NVidia PR announcement Aug 2018----released in 27 August 2019
<---------------------------------------------------3 Y E A R S-------------------------------------------------------------->

publicly announced raytracing features a year after in March 2018.

So when did they start implementing these complicated features?
FROM THE START.
no goal post were moved you just can't kick straight with your wrapped understanding of the development timeline.
that was like a penalty kick with no goalie. EAZY:messenger_winking:

Last edited:

martino

LOL MEMS wil not save your bad logic

Started in 2017 -----public announce raytracing 2018----- released in 27 August 2019

publicly announced raytracing features a year after in March 2018.

So when did they start implementing these complicated features?
FROM THE START.
no goal post were moved you just can't kick straight with you wrapped understanding of the development timeline.
that was like a penalty kick with no goalie. EAZY:messenger_winking:

tenor.gif

Remedy on the Straightforward NVIDIA RTX Implementation and the Meaning of the Game’s Title

it wasn't actually that difficult once we kind of felt and chose that it was a worthy thing for us to add into the game. It was fairly straightforward. We worked together with NVIDIA and they were a great help. What was interesting was that it didn't actually have a lot of impact on the production of the game in any way even though it wasn't planned. We didn't choose until like a year ago that that was something we were going to do
200w_d.gif

since the beginning certainties things are reverse of what they are.
can we stop with the baseless claims now ?

Last edited:

pyrocro

Remedy on the Straightforward NVIDIA RTX Implementation and the Meaning of the Game’s Title

can we stop with the baseless claims now ?
Oh this was good fun.
So a year into development in 2018, what were you saying again.

SO 2017 START----public demo in April 2018---release in 2019
with your new found information. I tip my hat to you good sir 🎩.
it's 2/3 of it's development time with it in the engine but
I don't mind being wrong on FROM THE START, good on you.

I guess it was not started with the RTX cards in mind, but ray tracing obviously only runs on RTX cards, so I still don't see why your saying it was not developed with the 2080ti/RTX cards in mind.

Really dude you just said no games will be developed with the 2080ti in mind, FALSE
ALL RTX games are developed with the 2080 TI in mind, that up there is a real fail at moving the goal post.
RTX ON.

Ahh this is where I went wrong.
Control was built from the ground up for RTX ray tracing, come on man you making it to easy now.
why does pc have to lose for you guys to win?
that goal post.

Justin9mm

PC's are obviously and always will be superior in every way.

You want the highest frames and res and you have money, then PC is the way to go. Why worry about what the new consoles are doing.

But you can't argue that the PS5 and XSX is the most bang for your buck for 4K gaming.

Last edited:

martino

I guess it was not started with the RTX cards in mind, but ray tracing obviously only runs on RTX cards, so I still don't see why your saying it was not developed with the 2080ti/RTX cards in mind.
i'm not surprised.
but maybe this debate will make you curious enough to learn why.

Top Bottom