• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 3 trailer

Shrubbery

Member
Feb 18, 2007
31
0
0
Some nicely over the top actions in there :)

I still dont understand why it isnt on PS2. However, I dont expect to see an EU release for some time yet so by I might just own a PS3 by then. :D
 

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Oct 10, 2005
40,629
1
0
34
www.flickr.com
YAY!

Disgaea is the only game were sequels should be welcomed with open arms. Each one seems like they're just going to be more and more over the top. Cannot wait for this entry.
 

AniHawk

Member
Jun 7, 2004
74,679
7
1,595
This video was at some Japanese event back in July. I was wondering how long it would take to surface.
 

allen1982

Banned
Jul 20, 2007
81
0
0
Shrubbery said:
I still dont understand why it isnt on PS2.
Exactly, it is like Nippon Ichi doesn't want to make money. I am sure this game takes only a small budget to make, but putting it on PS2 would guarantee them probably at least 10 times the copies sold. Very weird decision indeed.

Anyway combining with monsters and using monsters as weapon look awesome.
 

Prospero

Member
Jun 7, 2004
3,737
0
0
I'd consider buying it if it were on PS2 (though I put enough time into Disgaea 1/2, Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdom to feel like I don't really need to play any more Nippon Ichi games).
 

Bebpo

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
30,396
1
0
38
Orange County, CA
Looks fun. Another year of win from N1. Climbing the tower looked cool as well as the giant object throwing and combo throws.


Shrubbery said:
Some nicely over the top actions in there :)

I still dont understand why it isnt on PS2. However, I dont expect to see an EU release for some time yet so by I might just own a PS3 by then. :D
It will sell the same as it did on PS2 and cost the same as it did on PS2 to make. The games sell to a very niche audience who will buy whatever system to play their games.
 

Jirotrom

Member
May 21, 2006
10,800
0
0
36
Bebpo said:
Looks fun. Another year of win from N1. Climbing the tower looked cool as well as the giant object throwing and combo throws.




It will sell the same as it did on PS2 and cost the same as it did on PS2 to make. The games sell to a very niche audience who will buy whatever system to play their games.
I buy all NIS games...but I am not buying this or the PSP remake until price drops of the systems.
 

Helzown

Member
Dec 21, 2006
644
0
0
I beat Disgaea: Hour of Darkness a couple months ago, and just yesterday I purchased Disgaea 2 on ebay. Hopefully this game is more of the same, with some fresh, new dialog to keep me coming back.
 

GeneralIroh

Member
Sep 24, 2006
2,626
0
0
Looks like a ps2 game. They should make it celshaded and create more detailed backgrounds if its going to be for the ps3.
 

Kyoufu

Member
Jul 26, 2007
72,201
5
0
London
twitter.com
GeneralIroh said:
Looks like a ps2 game. They should make it celshaded and create more detailed backgrounds if its going to be for the ps3.
Why does it matter if an SRPG looks like a PS2 game?

Do you bitch at FFT or other games not being visually on-par with their tech? ITS FUCKING DISGAEA FFS ITS GOING TO BE AWESOME!
 

monkeylite

Member
Jan 18, 2007
1,281
0
0
UK
I thought we already got over whether Disgaea 3 belongs to the PS3 or PS2 ages ago.

Oh well, I don't care either way. This looks so good and those crazy attacks will be worth the purchase of a PS3.
 

ChaoticBlue

Member
Aug 21, 2007
632
1
985
allen1982 said:
Exactly, it is like Nippon Ichi doesn't want to make money. I am sure this game takes only a small budget to make, but putting it on PS2 would guarantee them probably at least 10 times the copies sold. Very weird decision indeed.

Anyway combining with monsters and using monsters as weapon look awesome.

what's wrong with releasing for the ps3? its a next gen srpg for the ps3 only. get over it.
 

Android18a

Member
Feb 15, 2007
7,369
0
1,030
37
Midlands, UK
www.silentdream.co.uk
The only character in the trailer I recognised from earlier Disgaeas (at least on the first watch) was the little sister from Disgaea 2. The red-haired demon kid :p

I can't remember her name, for some reason I didn't find the Disgaea 2 characters as likable as the first. This'll need to work hard to top Laharl/Etna/Flonne.
 

Steroyd

Member
Dec 27, 2006
25,915
0
0
England
Android18a said:
The only character in the trailer I recognised from earlier Disgaeas (at least on the first watch) was the little sister from Disgaea 2. The red-haired demon kid :p

I can't remember her name, for some reason I didn't find the Disgaea 2 characters as likable as the first. This'll need to work hard to top Laharl/Etna/Flonne.
Hanako? I didn't see her.

But yeah the Laharl/Etna/Flonne combo was awesome I found them amusing even in what little they had in Disgaea 2. ^_^
 

Terrell

Member
Apr 1, 2006
12,478
1
1,050
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Steroyd said:
ZOMG a next gen Disgaea DO. SO. WANT. WANT.
... this is next-gen? Dude, the guys at Vanillaware bested Disgaea 3's visuals with a WII TITLE. There is nothing "next-gen" about this, it's just a sequel. Serious, putting this game on PS3 is like using Deep Blue as an egg timer.