• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 3 trailer

Bebpo

Banned
Terrell said:
... this is next-gen? Dude, the guys at Vanillaware bested Disgaea 3's visuals with a WII TITLE. There is nothing "next-gen" about this, it's just a sequel. Serious, putting this game on PS3 is like using Deep Blue as an egg timer.

N1 games look better than Odin Sphere, so in turn D3 looks better than the Wii title.

Vanillaware has nice high-res sprites, but the animation sucks compared to the lively sprites in N1 games.

Steroyd

Terrell said:
... this is next-gen? Dude, the guys at Vanillaware bested Disgaea 3's visuals with a WII TITLE. There is nothing "next-gen" about this, it's just a sequel. Serious, putting this game on PS3 is like using Deep Blue as an egg timer.

It's next gen from Disgaea 2 and that's next gen enough for me, I don't judge "next gen" by visuals.

Durante

Amir0x said:
it really does look exactly like the PS2 game in every way.
That's simply not true. For one, the backgrounds are rendered in 720p, and the stat/menu/etc screens are also high res.

Here, marvel at the lack of exact likeness:
d1d2cc2.jpg

Not that it really matters for a game like Disgaea in the first place, but people are too quick to forget what PS2 games look like. (Even though we have the Wii to remind us)

What I'm wondering is what res the dialogue illustrations will be in.

Yeah, it definitely is an improvement. Having said that, I wouldn't say no to a cel-shaded Disgaea game, as long as they managed to keep the charm there. I think a big part of the game is the style of the sprites and the art (Harada-san is awesome).

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
A Cell Shading seems like the natural progression for this game. That or make use of Vector work instead of old school sprites. The stretching of textures in some areas is really foul looking too.

Top Bottom