• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 3 trailer

Shrubbery

Some nicely over the top actions in there :)

I still dont understand why it isnt on PS2. However, I dont expect to see an EU release for some time yet so by I might just own a PS3 by then. :D

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
YAY!

Disgaea is the only game were sequels should be welcomed with open arms. Each one seems like they're just going to be more and more over the top. Cannot wait for this entry.

allen1982

Banned
Shrubbery said:
I still dont understand why it isnt on PS2.

Exactly, it is like Nippon Ichi doesn't want to make money. I am sure this game takes only a small budget to make, but putting it on PS2 would guarantee them probably at least 10 times the copies sold. Very weird decision indeed.

Anyway combining with monsters and using monsters as weapon look awesome.

Prospero

I'd consider buying it if it were on PS2 (though I put enough time into Disgaea 1/2, Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdom to feel like I don't really need to play any more Nippon Ichi games).

Bebpo

Banned
Looks fun. Another year of win from N1. Climbing the tower looked cool as well as the giant object throwing and combo throws.

Shrubbery said:
Some nicely over the top actions in there :)

I still dont understand why it isnt on PS2. However, I dont expect to see an EU release for some time yet so by I might just own a PS3 by then. :D

It will sell the same as it did on PS2 and cost the same as it did on PS2 to make. The games sell to a very niche audience who will buy whatever system to play their games.

Jirotrom

Bebpo said:
Looks fun. Another year of win from N1. Climbing the tower looked cool as well as the giant object throwing and combo throws.

It will sell the same as it did on PS2 and cost the same as it did on PS2 to make. The games sell to a very niche audience who will buy whatever system to play their games.
I buy all NIS games...but I am not buying this or the PSP remake until price drops of the systems.

Helzown

I beat Disgaea: Hour of Darkness a couple months ago, and just yesterday I purchased Disgaea 2 on ebay. Hopefully this game is more of the same, with some fresh, new dialog to keep me coming back.

Kyoufu

Wow really good trailer. Definitely buying this, even though I'm getting a little burnt out on SRPG grinding.

Kyoufu

GeneralIroh said:
Looks like a ps2 game. They should make it celshaded and create more detailed backgrounds if its going to be for the ps3.

Why does it matter if an SRPG looks like a PS2 game?

Do you bitch at FFT or other games not being visually on-par with their tech? ITS FUCKING DISGAEA FFS ITS GOING TO BE AWESOME!

Amir0x

Banned
it really does look exactly like the PS2 game in every way. Will play it, though, whenever I get a PS3 (in 2012?)

I thought we already got over whether Disgaea 3 belongs to the PS3 or PS2 ages ago.

Oh well, I don't care either way. This looks so good and those crazy attacks will be worth the purchase of a PS3.

Kyoufu

Mockingbird said:
You guys think SCEA will allow this to be released for PS3 in NA?

PS3 needs all the games it can get. I seriously doubt SCEA is in any position to cockblock any software for PS3.

Kittonwy

Banned
creamsugar said:

DAY ONE PURCHASE RAWR.
Indifferent2.gif

allen1982 said:
Exactly, it is like Nippon Ichi doesn't want to make money. I am sure this game takes only a small budget to make, but putting it on PS2 would guarantee them probably at least 10 times the copies sold. Very weird decision indeed.

Anyway combining with monsters and using monsters as weapon look awesome.

what's wrong with releasing for the ps3? its a next gen srpg for the ps3 only. get over it.

The only character in the trailer I recognised from earlier Disgaeas (at least on the first watch) was the little sister from Disgaea 2. The red-haired demon kid :p

I can't remember her name, for some reason I didn't find the Disgaea 2 characters as likable as the first. This'll need to work hard to top Laharl/Etna/Flonne.

Steroyd

Android18a said:
The only character in the trailer I recognised from earlier Disgaeas (at least on the first watch) was the little sister from Disgaea 2. The red-haired demon kid :p

I can't remember her name, for some reason I didn't find the Disgaea 2 characters as likable as the first. This'll need to work hard to top Laharl/Etna/Flonne.

Hanako? I didn't see her.

But yeah the Laharl/Etna/Flonne combo was awesome I found them amusing even in what little they had in Disgaea 2. ^_^

Bebpo

Banned
Speevy said:
I love Disgaea, but I still haven't played part 2. Give me some time NIS.

Go play #2. It's not amazing or anything, but it's fun and an improvement on the original gameplay-wise.

Terrell

Steroyd said:
ZOMG a next gen Disgaea DO. SO. WANT. WANT.
... this is next-gen? Dude, the guys at Vanillaware bested Disgaea 3's visuals with a WII TITLE. There is nothing "next-gen" about this, it's just a sequel. Serious, putting this game on PS3 is like using Deep Blue as an egg timer.

Top Bottom