• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 5 Complete Demo Now Available on the eShop

Cerium

edit: Apparently North America only at the moment.

This is, I believe, a new development and shows confidence in the product.

Neat! Did people notice theres a demo available? I just saw it right now :eek:

NISA must be pretty enthused about the early buzz.

And yes I know the Japanese version has been available, but it didn't come with a demo as far as I know.

Here's the video that gets posted in every Disgaea 5 thread.

dJTXYQj.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Can you transfer content from the demo to the final game ? Assuming it starts from the beginning.

Games like this always look interesting to me, but then I remember I'm terrible at them and never get my money's worth because I get too overwhelmed with how many systems there are.

I'll give the demo a try though.

EDarkness

Noticed that it was on the shop and I'm downloading now. I hope the save can be transferred to the final game. Doesn't matter, I'm picking this up next week.

mojojoeo

i have played disgaea 1-3, and some of the off shoots. I imported 5 via a download code on my switch last month.

5 is the most fun / best one of the bunch to me.

im like 80 hours into it where as on the other games i did not even come close to this amount of time . If you dig the srpg grindy-ness of disgea you will not be disappointed.

Fireblend

Banned
I think I'll finally give Disgaea a shot with this one. I'm always up for a good portable tactics game, and I don't really want to buy FE Echoes since I'd rather play on my Switch than 3DS. Plus I've heard great things.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just to double check, this is not a big that released the game early when they meant to put up a demo?

Fireblend

Banned
Also, I can't believe I discovered Cool Ghosts thanks to that Disgaea video. I've followed these guys on Shut Up and Sit Down (their boardgame website) for ages and I can't believe I missed their videogame content. Their other videos and podcasts are outstanding too. Discovery of the month for me :p

This is, I believe, a new development and shows confidence in the product.

NISA must be pretty enthused about the early buzz.

And yes I know the Japanese version has been available, but it didn't come with a demo as far as I know.

Here's the video that gets posted in every Disgaea 5 thread.

That video seriously helps me understand the appeal of this game.

Question though, I have never enjoyed tactics RPGs except for Ogre Battle 64 for some reason, and I found the insane amount of systems in Xenoblade X incredibly overwhelming. Will I have trouble getting into this?

I'm gonna try the demo regardless just to see, but I'm curious what other people more familiar with the game (and series) think.

I almost boguht the LE, but even though I liked the PC game demo I still felt like I should wait. This was mostly because I'm not familiar with any characters except for Prinny and Lillith - so all the merch didn't appeal to me.
So this is good! (LE's appear to be sold out anyway, oh well.)

Seik

Banned
So does the progress carries over?

That's pretty much the only incentive that would convince me to get the demo while waiting for the game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I almost boguht the LE, but even though I liked the PC game demo I still felt like I should wait. This was mostly because I'm not familiar with any characters except for Prinny and Lillith - so all the merch didn't appeal to me.
So this is good! (LE's appear to be sold out anyway, oh well.)
I wonder if I bought the last LE

Kouriozan

EU in 3 days

That's pretty much the only incentive that would convince me to get the demo while waiting for the game.

It did for the PS4, played a tons with that trick to reach incredibly high level (I think it was spamming a support skill and it gave 20% of your level as exp), but even then I just restarted because I just love this IP.

jonno394

Played two levels in the demo, know I'll probably like this as the humour, visuals and general gameplay is there. Not gonna play anymore though as i need to finish i am Setsuna first!

Weebos

Banned

Seems like we're all waiting on the answer to this one.

Also, I can't believe I discovered Cool Ghosts thanks to that Disgaea video. I've followed these guys on Shut Up and Sit Down (their boardgame website) for ages and I can't believe I missed their videogame content. Their other videos and podcasts are outstanding too. Discovery of the month for me :p

I thought Daft Souls was a Dark Souls podcast so I never tried it out until this moment lol.

Demos just come out, and I've been playing the full game in English for like a week now.

But seriously, it's super easy to buy stuff off the Japanese eshop if anyone wants to play the game now rather than whenever it releases. It'll be fully in English too so long as you play it on your English language account

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of those games which appeals to me a lot based on its gameplay and systems, but the whole anime vibe and artstyle throw me off instantly.

What I would give for a game like that but with a grittier, Vagrant Story-esque style... *Sigh*

Good thing a demo is coming tho, will definitely try.

OmegaDL50

I'm like 90% sure on PS4 it did not.

The PS4 Demo most certainly allowed you to continue your save in the final game.

The demo was the almost the entire first chapter of the game.

Edit: If anyone has any questions in regards to the mechanics to the game. Don't hesitate to ask me questions.

Top Bottom