• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 5 Complete (Switch) has surpassed 100,000 copies sold worldwide

Dingens

this is more like the successor to the psp in terms of sales and health (which was generally a lot better than vita for niche japanese developers).

or more like the successor to the PSP, Vita and 3DS (as soon as it's dead anyway)...

still playing the game, still having fun (now more so than initially) so congrats on the success

I want Disgaea D2 next on Switch. I still own it on PS3 (had it and the Guided Fate Paradox since 2013 and still never finished either lol) but it's hard going back and playing it there with no rest mode. Plus NISA never fixed the freezing issue.

ubiblu

Game is way too fucking expensive for a year late re-release, and this coming from a long-time series fan (albeit fatigued). Will consider when it drops to $40 AUD.

They're SRPGs with nice art and sprites. They really go balls to the wall crazy with the animations and such.

yktcHG.gif

giphy.gif

Man, I wish the next Fire Emblem would go back to 2D sprites. It's time we got a super detailed and well animated Fire Emblem again. It's not like 3D really added anything to the gameplay except for maybe being able to rotate the map. I think a 2D Fire Emblem will also cut down on the budget for the game as well. Maybe the map can still be 3D, but 2D sprite animation for battles would be glorious.

Top Bottom