• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 6 Will Feature a 32x Speed Mode

Bullet Club

Disgaea 6 Will Feature a 32x Speed Mode​

A3For89.jpg

Disgaea 6 will come with a handful of quality of life changes, and one of these will be a 32x speed mode. Players will now be able to choose from a number of different speeds when they want to accelerate the flow of combat. The options will range from 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, and 32x speeds. Famitsu provided a first look at this new feature, showing how it will work when used in the new auto-battle mode. [Thanks, Famitsu!]

As you can see in the video below, this new feature will allow players to breeze through combat and grind through those levels quickly and efficiently. This feature can work in tandem with the new auto-battle mode, which will also allow players to essentially program their own A.I. for each individual character. You won’t need to worry about any of your party members endangering themselves or acting at random with this feature.

Other features that will appear in Disgaea 6, outside of this robust new 32x speed mode, include a new counter-based evility. In addition, Zed, the protagonist of Disgaea 6, will come with his own unique quirk. While he may not be the strongest protagonist in the series to start with, his Super Reincarnation skill will increase his potential.

Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny will release for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan on January 28, 2021. It will appear on the Switch in Summer 2021 in the West.

Source: Siliconera

Nymphae

Banned
I used the shit out of the boosted speed mode in FF12 on PS4. I probably couldn't play the original now. If your game is more enjoyable at 4x or higher speeds, maybe something fundamental should be retooled a bit

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Silence :eek:

Day one for me. Finally some real change in the franchise. Easily my favorite tactical series. 3 and 1 are the best for me ^_^
It is turn based. The speed increase won't make it harder, it will just make it more bearable to grind. It is why they also included the auto mode I assume.

TheContact

32x is crazy fast, though I'm not sure how long battles typically take in this version. I'm playing ff7 on the Switch in 3x mode and that's plenty fast.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I used the shit out of the boosted speed mode in FF12 on PS4. I probably couldn't play the original now. If your game is more enjoyable at 4x or higher speeds, maybe something fundamental should be retooled a bit
That speed mode ruined ff12 for me.
I liked the slow grind in 12.

it took like 20 hours to max my chars whith this x4 speed.

kinda lame. I put like 300+ hours on the ps2 version on my ps3 back when it came out.

also i prefered that open board in FF12 😀

Last edited:
Top Bottom