• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgea 3 announced for PS3, Looks like PS2 game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
well they went from Saturn visuals to PS2 visuals, quite a jump for Nippon Ichi.

ethelred

Error said:
well they went from Saturn visuals to PS2 visuals, quite a jump for Nippon Ichi.

More like they went from Saturn visuals to Dreamcast visuals. Nice, N1!

Anyway, cool announcement all the same. Nice to see that some of those high profile games are stilll coming for the PS3. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Shin Megami Tensei game from Atlus.

kassatsu

Banned
Is Japan 6 months in the future?

63kwpc1.png

MercuryLS

Banned
This is the dumbest move ever. Make it for PS2/Wii (extremely large userbases) and let the PS3 guys play it through BC.

Why would they limit sales like that? WHY?

Andy787

Banned
PS3 can't have 2D games?

I'm glad it's for PS3, if only because it signifies that 2D can still live on the platform. Good on ya, NIS.

MercuryLS said:
This is the dumbest move ever. Make it for PS2/Wii (extremely large userbases) and let the PS3 guys play it through BC.

Why would they limit sales like that? WHY?
Why do you ****ing care? Why do people care more about a game's sales potential now days than the amount of fun those games can/will be?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
i`m not happy... shouldn`t be on ps3 at least not if it looks like it could be easy done on ps2 or wii....

Aaron

Error said:
Come on. That's not even PS2 visuals. There's better looking 2D and a whole hell lot better looking 3D to be found.

Mau ®

Oh C'mon. Are guys telling me you were expecting this to look like a PS3 game... the first 2 looked barely above PS1 so I suppose this will sufice.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Incoming "Should have been on Wii/PS2 posts!"

Edit: I see I'm too late. :lol Good on ya N1. Your decision shall amuse me as GAF rants about it.

Bebpo

Banned
AWESOME

Plz be more like #1 though!

Also stfu about graphics and console-exclusive. N1 games will look the same for eternity. They can't make stuff on PS2 forever. For the 90k people who usually buy their games, they can get a PS3 or pass.

MercuryLS

Banned
Andy787 said:
PS3 can't have 2D games?

I'm glad it's for PS3, if only because it signifies that 2D can still live on the platform. Good on ya, NIS.

Why do you ****ing care? Why do people care more about a game's sales potential now days than the amount of fun those games can/will be?

I just think it's a stupid move from a financial standpoint. For people that want more of these games they shouldn't do stupid things like this.

Jammy

Banned
I'd be late if I were to say "At least they could port it to Wii/PS2 after they see the sales."

:lol That was fast. <3 GAF

Jammy

Banned
diablopanqueque said:
I don't see why anyone would care about the graphics of a Disgaea game.

They're sprites...deal with it.

I don't think it was written in stone that the whole series was going to look the same over the span of a generation.

dfyb

Banned
wow lots of haters.

i could care less how it looks. not like the visuals were impressive even for a ps2 game.

i enjoy the sprites. not going to kill me if all my games aren't pushing the polygons.

Bebpo

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Well, Disgaea 1/2 looked like PS1 games, it seems fitting that the PS3 game looks like a PS2 game.

It still looks like a PS1 game though? I don't see any difference in the sprites from Disgaea2.

jaundicejuice said:
Jesus ****, what are they thinking?

That people pay good money for awesome srpgs with great gameplay and great stories (and great voice acting)?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
PS3 SHOULDN'T HAVE THIS GAME

CANCEL IT NIPPON ICHI

INSTEAD PS3 SHALL GET DISGAEA OF WAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom