• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: DE (PS4/XBO) - In the days that follow, your trials will be great

Mikey Jr.

ZombiU port a it was even worse, no price, no preorder, no resolution info, neither fps, PC specs or any visual enhancement, just a trailer two weeks before it launches and some streams a day before its release.

Whoa, a trailer? That is crazy!

Shit, I'd like a screenshot at least.

Tagyhag

Common sense says waiting until it's actually out before jumping to judgement and acting like a bunch of goddamn children.

If it were that easy, pre-ordering wouldn't be a thing. But it is, and some publishers take full advantage of that.

I agree, in a perfect world, every consumer would be a smart consumer, but that's not the world we live in.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If it were that easy, pre-ordering wouldn't be a thing. But it is, and some publishers take full advantage of that.

I agree, in a perfect world, every consumer would be a smart consumer, but that's not the world we live in.

But thats not the problem of anybody but those who are choosing to pre-order.

The pre-orders do not come with any additional bonuses as such there is no reason to feel the need to pre-order.

I mean I guess there is the argument of "I gotta play it at 12:01 tuesday" but if someone can't wait a few days to play it and make sure its stable then that's on them.

If tuesday rolls around and it turns out the port is crap along the lines of Prototype or Saints Row, then yeah, Ill be major disappointed and upset.

But if shows up on tuesday runs at 1080p with a stable framerate, and PC level textures then I'll be pretty happy. There is nothing more that should be expected of a port.

The only real disappointment for me is that they are very unlikely to fix where enemies would unknowingly die and/or get seen by enemies and you had to wait until the end of the level to realize you had messed up. It would be nice if they had added in a notification notifying the player if such had happened.

DavidDesu

I got the pre-order deal on PSN in the EU. £15 can't go wrong and I've been waiting ages for this. I just want to know if it's a good port or not and no info is forthcoming. Payment gets taken between 26th and a few days later (Why they can't just give you a specific date is beyond me).

Right now I think I'd like to cancel my pre-order, more for financial reasons than any. Very little money left til I get paid on the 27th, I'd rather not risk going into my overdraft if payment does get taken on the 26th. I've looked at my account online and couldn't see a clear "Cancel preorder" button. I went on to my PS4 and all it shows is about setting up the auto download. Again no cancel button. IS there an easy way to cancel the preorder now? I especially remember it saying somewhere when I made the preorder that it COULD be cancelled. But how?!

(If the game looks good and has a solid 30fps framerate, OR a well performing 60fps, with no screen tear, then I'll be very happy with this (preferably a rock solid 60 would be ideal and should be possible!). If it's got screen tear, if it's a just a dodgy PC style port that is sloppy and performs badly I will NOT be happy.

What do you mean by "exact same thing on 360"?
It's pretty much a given that no changes have been made to the gameplay.
We should reasonably expect 1080p, a solid consistent frame rate and PC textures. Asking for more is unrealistic.

For me lazy port means full of bugs, inconsistent frame rate and crashing.

Saints Row IV did this. It sucked.

pc options maxed out + 1080p60 would be nice

we're not going to get pc options maxed out probably tho

Ah yes. Cuz that's exactly why I'm buying the game. ... It's enjoyable seeing folks get wound up over nothing, but I'm buying it because I want to play it on my PS4 with the dlc. I don't care if the developers give me further information.

Why don't we all just wait for the reviews?

I jumped on the 50% off PSN deal (having had the PS+ edition of the game).

This is a game where I knew I wanted to play it again, and had it downloaded digitally on my PS3 ready to do so. I just didn't really feel all that compelled to go back and play it again on PS3.

So if this ends up being closer to the PC version, and further removed from the PS3 version, I'll be happy. 30FPS isn't even the problem, for me.

I just want this fucker to have a nice 1080p coat of paint.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
OK Just found this at reddit:

Alright,so I got the game early and here are my quick impressions I guess: The frame rate is 30fps... Image quality is really good,very sharp textures.not sure if 1080p,but it seems like it. The beginning of the game had some quick minor Texture Pop in,nothing major. And ummm... That's it I guess,it's nice to have the game on ps4 tho,which is why I got it in the first place,didn't want to turn on my PS3 every time,but dont expect anything major. Oh and some people have the idea that high voltage games are over this port,but no splash screen or anything like that appeared on screen.

Oh,and the heart uses the controllers mic,so that's a nice touch. I'm just thinking of stuff to talk about since its 3:00 AM over here and I should probably head to sleep soon,heh. Hmmm... The shadows are clear and smooth. There is a tiny bit of aliasing but it's hardly noticeable. The touch pad brings you to the inventory screen and the alike. Anyway,I will try to check if anyone has any question In the next hour maybe,but I'll head to bed after that :)

So its sounding pretty solid enough...shame its not 60fps, but I can live with that if 30fps is solid at pretty much all times. Pre-order Kept..........

Alright,so I got the game early and here are my quick impressions I guess: The frame rate is 30fps... Image quality is really good,very sharp textures.not sure if 1080p,but it seems like it. The beginning of the game had some quick minor Texture Pop in,nothing major. And ummm... That's it I guess,it's nice to have the game on ps4 tho,which is why I got it in the first place,didn't want to turn on my PS3 every time,but dont expect anything major. Oh and some people have the idea that high voltage games are over this port,but no splash screen or anything like that appeared on screen.

Oh,and the heart uses the controllers mic,so that's a nice touch. I'm just thinking of stuff to talk about since its 3:00 AM over here and I should probably head to sleep soon,heh. Hmmm... The shadows are clear and smooth. There is a tiny bit of aliasing but it's hardly noticeable. The touch pad brings you to the inventory screen and the alike. Anyway,I will try to check if anyone has any question In the next hour maybe,but I'll head to bed after that :)

So its sounding pretty solid enough...shame its not 60fps, but I can live with that if 30fps is solid at pretty much all times. Pre-order Kept..........

wait, a high voltage port thats not trash?

Huh so 30 confirmed? I'm not 60 whore at all, but the game really does play better at 60 given how fluid its gameplay is. And it's such a graphically undemanding game, just a mystifying decision... or lack of effort rather. God they got TLOU to 60.

ugh, that sucks

Solid 30 FPS is fine by me. As long as it doesn't dip I won't complain.

The heart speaking through the controller is a really nice touch. I love when games take advantage of that, it feels really surreal.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
identical... but is it separate? or does PS3 and PS4 share the trophies meaning... if i earned them on PS3... then i cant earn them on PS4.

Ah, sorry, It looks like they are separate after all the information grabs I have done over this game for the past 48 hours. So you need to earn these trophies all over again for PS4/ Xbox One.

identical... but is it separate? or does PS3 and PS4 share the trophies meaning... if i earned them on PS3... then i cant earn them on PS4.
I don't think a game has ever had its trophies set up like this. I mean a cross buy one will normally share it but why would a definitive edition share trophies when they were brought out years apart?

Freiya

You don't remember what Fallout 3 on consoles actually looked like, and it seems like you may not understand why Fallout games look the way they do in general, given what they're doing behind the scenes. Haven't you read through any of the threads on this exact subject? it's perfectly okay to be disappointed, but it's not cool to make shit up on the spot, and this 'barely advanced graphics' stuff is just that. Do I really need to drudge up my actual honest to god image comparison for the umpteenth time?

MGSV is a very different beast. If it was doing some of the things Fallout does (which aren't necessary for the type of game that MGSV is), it wouldn't look quite as good as it does, either. Keep in mind that Fallout's engine is tracking an entire open world of movable physics based objects and fairly intensive AI, and that the scale of interaction that the world itself boasts, brought upon by the world being populated by thousands of dynamic objects, comes at a cost. Same reason why Fallout 3 doesn't look as good as Dragon's Dogma or Just Cause 2 or Red Dead Redemption or Mafia 2 or Forza Horizon, even though they're totally all open world!!1

That's... not really how it works?

Really...

Man I must be hard to please because I think Fallout 4 and MGS both don't look that hot graphically. Infamous impressed me a lot more.

KiraXD

I don't think a game has ever had its trophies set up like this. I mean a cross buy one will normally share it but why would a definitive edition share trophies when they were brought out years apart?

oh yeah no thats what i thought... (like tomb raider) just n1tr0s said it was identical... so i was just clarifying :p

Interesting that it's 30fps specially with that art style. Oh well I only rented the game back in 2012 and have been interested in going back to play it again as well as the DLCs. For $20, I think this is steal.

93xfan

Banned
Common sense says waiting until it's actually out before jumping to judgement

I like it when threads like this exist and warn people to be cautious ahead of time. It's shady to not give us any info ahead of time. If threads like these damage sales of this game (even by a little), then I'm all for it. Whether the port is good or not, developers/publishers shouldn't be hiding their product (especially if it contains the words "Definitive Edition").

Taij

I jumped on the 50% off PSN deal (having had the PS+ edition of the game).

Did the 50% off apply to the upgrade version also? I am looking at the PSN store on PC and right now I only see the full version which is $20. The upgrade version (which was $20) doesn't show up in searches and looking at articles linking to it that version appears to be gone.

So did they just knock the price down to $20 for everyone and got rid of the discount if you already own it?

rpcdrag0n

Deffo an Xbox One pre-load, mine has been sitting there for two weeks - sigh.

Only £15 though and I didn't finish it on 360 so I'll take that - be nice to see a video of the game running or something though!

Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed that it's 30fps. 60fps would have been great for this game, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm glad I kept my pre-order. I only paid £22.

Top Bottom