• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition is a thing

SJS

I wasn't particularly enthused with this game. Basically:

This game seemed way too easy, did all the no kill / no alert stuff the first playthrough on hard. Am I not supposed to use blink?

Blink was the core power of the game from both a design and usage standpoint, and it *really* made everything else useless in comparison. The game ended up feeling a tad bit unrealistic, manipulable, and repetitive. Also, the game's storyline and graphics were noticeably subpar IIRC.

EDIT: Also, as I was reminded of this game, I remember a few particularly bad sections that were poorly designed, and also recall that the endgame was absolutely rushed and anti-climactic.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I didn't know that saying a thing was a thing was still a thing...

Anyway, I'veheard some of the DLC is very good but one of them was just a horde mode. I just have the vanilla game, which one is the horde mode?

Sentenza

I wasn't particularly enthused with this game. Basically:

Blink was the core power of the game from both a design and usage standpoint, and it *really* made everything else useless in comparison. The game ended up feeling a tad bit unrealistic, manipulable, and repetitive.
Still, leagues ahead of something like Bioshock Infinite.
And the art direction was just outstanding more often than not, by the way.

Noice! I haven't got around to purchasing any of the DLC yet, so I might pick this game up again. If anything, I love Harvey Smith so much I want to give and his team more of my money.

Well, I already bought the base game for $10-something and got the Knife of Dunwall through Steam Card sales. Looks like all that's left for me is the Brigmore (?) DLC and I'll pretty much have the GOTY edition for less than $20.

SJS

Still, leagues ahead of something like Bioshock Infinite.
And the art direction was just outstanding more often than not, by the way.

Haha, I still haven't played Infinite. I completed the first Bio but I just never got through the second one. I wasn't having any trouble, and it wasn't a bad game, I just suddenly got bored of it for some reason. How bad is Infinite, really?

Andrew.

Banned
I bought this game at launch, played through it, traded it in and have since bought it again, traded it in and then bought it again never once completing it a second time. I have the Knife of Dunwall too.

It's like each other time Ive bought it I falsely convince myself it really isnt as boring as it is.

Then I get home, pop it in for about 45 minutes and realize that it really is that boring. Maybe some day Ill come to and play it again in different way or revisit the masquerade party (which was indubitably the best scene of the entire experience).

Salsa

Here is the Screenshot of the Year to go along with it.

even the ones ive taken with steam's shitty compression look good

ioNWOExoJNI1W.png

Top Bottom