• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition is a thing

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thank you, Australian Classification Board (said nobody ever).

dnrw2b1xlz.jpg

Gonna assume this contains:
  • Dishonored
  • The Knife of Dunwall
  • The Brigmore Witches
  • Dunwall City Trials
  • Void Walker’s Arsenal (all four pre-order DLC)

Nemesis_

I'm praying that I never bought the DLC along the line at some point, I am fairly certain I didn't

YAY for this

sunnz

The best game I brought during the steam summer sale ( brought witcher 2, hitman:A, dues ex and a few more)

Very enjoyable game, love the combat.

Though
, after the first mission it goes very slowly downhill, the rain and atmosphere during that first assassination was just too good, needed more rain, fits the game perfectly

Fox318

I'm playing it now. This might sound crazy but I wish the combat wasn't as fun. I want to go stealth but I also want to got crazy and fight everyone.

I'm playing it now. This might sound crazy but I wish the combat wasn't as fun. I want to go stealth but I also want to got crazy and fight everyone.

I just finished my stealth/no kills/no alert etc playthrough.
Now I'm starting my kill 'em all run. Gonnan be great to finally use my whole arsenal of powers.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

I think that's kind of the point, with the whole chaos thing. Killing is both easy and very satisfying. If you don't want to do it, you have to work at it, and avoid temptation.

Moff

yup, thats why I finished it three times in a row

knife of dunwall, too, and I got the feeling brigmore will be just as great

I can already definitely recommend the GOTY edition, although the game is on sale on steam all the time, might be cheaper there.

Expected as much, but I got the collector's edition for a low price and all the DLC (that's been released thus far) have been up for half price which is really reasonable. The GOTY edition is simply more expensive than just buying it separately during sales. When the GOTY edition goes on sale though, well...

Amazing game, by the way. Just phenomenal.

Lumyst

So as long as some "website/blog/game journalist that has some clout" gives a game "game of the year", there can be a game of the year edition?

edit: not to say anything about this game in particular, but it's somewhat amusing how there are so many game of the year editions.

Lumyst

Does it matter, at all? Calling it the "Gold" edition better?

Well, it tends to be a marketing thing, so whatever works. I always get the game of the year/gold editions (after getting through the bugs in Skyrim). It actually is a good problem to have so many games of the years in a way lol

Is Bethesda usally including all the DLC on disc, or are they doing DLC voucher?

If they include the dlc on the disc and port the pc version to the ps4 i would buy it again.

Nizz

For PS4/Xbone too? Did not buy the PS3 version due to reports of framerate issues.
There were framerate issues with the PS3 version? I didn't know and it's disappointing if it is the case. I haven't picked the game up yet but I've seen it for cheap lately and was thinking of getting it till I saw this thread.

Would love to see this game show up on PS4.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Looks like my decision to skip out on the steam summer sale was justified. Hopefully this is $10-15 for the Christmas sale.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I've been playing about two hours and I'm in love. Best in-game atmosphere since Bioshock, maybe even up there with Thief.

ak1976

Neo Member
I love this game..only game that I've bought every single piece of DLC for it

Like a crack whore

phierce

I've been so close to buying this game so many times. Now I can feel better about the purchase.

Thank you self for not buying it earlier.

Maybe I just didn't notice it, but there wasn't a glaring amount of screen tearing or a serious framerate issue.

My experience with the PS3 version was fine.

Is the first bit of DLC worth it?

dhonk

This game seemed way too easy, did all the no kill / no alert stuff the first playthrough on hard. Am I not supposed to use blink?

Decado

One of many several reasons I don't buy most big titles at release. Also waiting for the inevitable Bioshock Infinite GoTY edition, though it is much slower with its DLC.

Top Bottom