• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” - The Rock, Emily Blunt

McCheese

They delayed this to reshoot a ton of it, as the brother was played offensively camp which triggered the focus groups.

He's barely even in this trailer, but he's on the poster so I guess he's not been completely removed.

Looks really fun though, feeling 90s Mummy vibes from it. Loving the ride jokes, and his cruise being a scam.

Hope they don't add animatronic Rock to the ride tho, the potc movie led to a bunch of shitty changes to it's namesakes ride at the parks.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
its pretty cool you can just use the trappings of colonialism & imperialism but still be super woke as long as you cast famed POC The Rock to do all the leaping about & as long as you keep natives/"savages" out of the picture.

please we don't need any problematic content, just the fun parts of colonialism!

Disney: I have lots of money
The Rock: opens door

giphy.gif

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
disney determined to waste emily blunt prime years on their disposable live action movies.
Seriously. She could be in some classics, but Disney is wasting her. People remember Julia Roberts, but nobody will remember Emily Blunt if she continues being in movies people go watch just to get high and eat popcorn.

Also, I am over the Rock. The guy keeps picking dumb fuck easy films that allow him to play the same character over and over again. Take a fucking risk man, stop being such a coward. Look at the kind of shit a truly great actor of similar physical qualities was going for at a time when people thought "fag" was a cool insult.

gg_junior_0.jpg

Last edited:

McCheese

The first trailer had some good The Mummy vibes, but this new trailer today just makes it look like a copy and paste of Pirates of the Caribbean, with CGI and monsters that could easily be from PoTC5 or whatever fucking number that thing ended up at before Johnny Depp got himself fucked over.

McCheese

I was not aware of this.

Though TBF Kiera and Legolas were more wooden than most of the animatronics.

Well, funnily enough, those are two characters who are not on the ride. They placed Jack Sparrow in a few places and had existing audio-animatronics do the whole Poochie thing of saying "Where is Jack Sparrow?". They also replaced the guy on the boat at the start with Barbosa, and added Davey Jones projections to the smoke effect, and another projection of the mermaids in the water.

They also replaced the iconic "we wants the redhead" bride auction girl with Redd, queen of the pirates, who instead of being a wench for sale, now oversees the auctioning of chickens, they now chant "we want the rum".

Still a great ride, but as one of the imagineers put it - they should rename it to boyscouts of the caribbean.

Last edited:

sol_bad

The first trailer had some good The Mummy vibes, but this new trailer today just makes it look like a copy and paste of Pirates of the Caribbean, with CGI and monsters that could easily be from PoTC5 or whatever fucking number that thing ended up at before Johnny Depp got himself fucked over.

I'm fine with that as long as it's POTC 1 and 2 good and not POTC 4 and 5 bad!

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of the Rock’s overexposure? He plays the same character in every movie.
I tried to watch "Rampage" yesterday, but thought exactly that. I watched "Jumanji" last week, and he is basically the same guy in that movie.

Last edited:

SinDelta

I know Stardust, National Treasure and Da Vinci Code are their own things. Jumanji 2 was surprisingly fun.

Still it has been far too long since we have had a amazing action adventure on par with the Mummy (1999) or Pirates of the Caribbean The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003). Hopefully Jungle Cruise is at the very least, fun.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
These people are filthy rich. I don't blame the vitriol when they can bang, suck, fondle, lick, and pee on anyone they please.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Just want to say fuck disney for charging 30 bucks or whatever instead of including it in the price of the streaming.

I know right, HBO max has been awesome with new movies for no additional charge.

That said I love the jungle cruise ride and Disney so I’ll be watching this for sure.

sol_bad

I know right, HBO max has been awesome with new movies for no additional charge.

That said I love the jungle cruise ride and Disney so I’ll be watching this for sure.

And look at the position free movies on HBO Max put AT&T in.

Dural

I'm wondering if the changes they're making to the Jungle Cruise ride are to integrate the movie into it, can't say I'd be happy about that.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I'm wondering if the changes they're making to the Jungle Cruise ride are to integrate the movie into it, can't say I'd be happy about that.

the jungle cruise changes have been rumored for a while. it’s an iconic ride for sure but it was lagging behind the newer rides. the woke changes were just tacked on to the original planned changes I would guess.

But really what they need to change .. at least in Disney world ... Is the temple ruins part. throw some projections or new animatronics in there.

AJUMP23

Haunted mansion 2.

that is what they should have called this. I would like a Thunder mountain vs Space Mountain movie.

Cravis

Getting The Mummy with Brendan Fraser vibes from it. Looks wholly unoriginal though like someone watched Anaconda and The Mummy, took a few notes, and thought to themselves “Good enough.”

Top Bottom