• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney acquiring LucasFilm for 4.05 billion dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this. Star Wars and Marvel theme parks please.

Also will we get good video games? I can see disney pushing big into the interactive arena with all these franchises.

Kwixotik

Wait, does this mean they'll release the originals again? Disney knows there's lots of money to be made and they probably don't give a fuck about Lucas's shitty artistic vision.

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.

ibuVG3PedQSPGp.gif

Takao

Banned
I like this. Star Wars and Marvel theme parks please.

Also will we get good video games? I can see disney pushing big into the interactive arena with all these franchises.

Disney's actually pulling out of "hardcore" video games. Then again, they didn't have Star Wars when they started doing that.

Retrocide

I wonder what this means for Dark Horse Comics....I'd imagine a large part of it's business is Star Wars related comics....

Episode 7? 2015???

Either work has been underway on this for a while or it's going to be a Disney rush job to cash in on their new acquisition.

Or its just Bullshit.... I don't know what to believe.

bengraven

LOL

That's pretty great, but it's nothing like the Street Fighter 2 Sheng Long joke.

Wait.

Wait, wait.

Wait. This is real?

GloveSlap

Watch Lucas put in a stipulation in the contract that they can never release the unaltered original trilogy, just to be a dick.

4 Billion seems like a pretty good deal to get everything.

fuenf

wow a new Star Wars every 2-3years.

The last Star Wars movie release was 2005’s Revenge of the Sith – and we believe there’s substantial pent up demand. In 2015, we’re planning to release Star Wars Episode 7 – the first feature film under the “Disney-Lucasfilm” brand. That will be followed by Episodes 8 and 9 – and our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years. We’re very happy that George Lucas will be creative consultant on our new Star Wars films and that Kathleen Kennedy, the current Co-Chair of Lucasfilm, will executive produce. George handpicked Kathy earlier this year to lead Lucasfilm into the future. She’ll join Disney as President of Lucasfilm, reporting into Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn and integrating and building the Star Wars franchise across our company.

from the pr

Pooya

I wonder what happens to LucasArts, Disney pulled back from core gaming, not that LA was in a good situation before...

MormaPope

Banned
I am personally outraged that Disney is buying a studio that has made such cinema classics as Red Tails and Star Wars Episode 3.

Disney probably saved Lucasarts in this scenario. I'd imagine Lucas was probably only working on a shitty project like Red Tails 2 or something, Disney should fire and replace Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom