• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney and Capcom Are Reportedly In Communication to Bring Back Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
MVC1 was so much better

I only liked the arcade version of MVC2 all of the console versions felt a bit 'off' somehow

skneogaf

The vs games apart from infinity or whatever the hell that was called is exactly how I see marvel characters when think of them. The artwork is perfect!

All of the games have things that are great like announcer from marvel vs street fighter etc.

Seeing these games in arcades were sooo hype!

Hoping for an ultimate vs collection that I'd be more than happy to pay full price for on steam or if only marvel vs capcom 2 is coming then so be it! Still hype!

A.Romero

Then you're the reason why we either won't get it or a terribly crap version.

MvsC2 works great as it is, and AI. makes it almost to easy to remaster (yes it can sprite upsampling, shading and even upframerating), but all in all that's the fucking job of companies to maintain and renew their backlog with whatever cheap budget needed for a port that even MUGEN afficionados could do.

Why? I think what I'm asking for is very reasonable. How does my expectation of a minimum product quality would either cause the project to not exist or be crap? I'd understand the later if I was willing to purchase it under no condition but I'm stating the opposite.

Naked Lunch

MvC2 sucks because everyone picks the same teams.
Theres like 60 characters in the game but only like 6 are chosen every fucking match.

Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2 or SFIII need to make a comeback, not this junk.
"MAHVEL" is for FGC dorks only.

Last edited:

Osaka_Boss

Digital Eclipse sucks. Their work on MVC2 was terrible back then, broken online matching, laggy ass game, lack of intro video, menus worse than mobile games lack of input command changing in the options.

Why do ppl want them back to work on it? Have you seen what they did to SF30th anniversary collection. As low effort as you can get, player matching doesn't work, ppl are breaking rooms with glitches and laggy as fuck. Also, cannot change inputs

They say they can never do this a complete job bc this or that because of someone else lol. Always someone else.... Keep dreaming of one day being like M2 doing cheap ass outsourced work with cps1/2 roms

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Theres like 60 characters in the game but only like 6 are chosen every fucking match.

Sentinel, Captain Commando, Ironman, Sentinel, Storm, Psylocke, Magneto, DR. Doom.

There are the only characters of MvsC2.

bender

What time is it?

giphy.gif

Notabueno

Banned
Why? I think what I'm asking for is very reasonable. How does my expectation of a minimum product quality would either cause the project to not exist or be crap? I'd understand the later if I was willing to purchase it under no condition but I'm stating the opposite.
Your expectation being too low is what drive company to make crap

Shakunetsu

Neo Member
Here's in my thoughts about Remaster of MVC2. IF having some kind of Ultimate MVC2 as additional mode with new character or new character updates just like SF Alpha collection that has HYPER-SF-Alpha or Omega-SF4(Omega Mode) from USF4. #FreeMVC2

I. Character Updates :
  • Boss Thanos from MSH returns, that he now carries all his previous special moves from MSH, Now as his new special move in MVC2, Past Bosses needs an update for the Ultimate or Omega Version of MVC2
  • Boss Bison with ALPHA 3 Final Psycho Crusher as a level 2 without the time stop properties like in A3. Something like Jin Saotome Super(Blodia Vulcan) that hit every one in the screen.

s2L9rEs.gif

• MVC1 Ryu - Since Zangief and Sakura carried there secret version in MVSF. Needs Ryu needs an UPDATE that Ryu sprites would be changed to MVC1 Ryu style art and sprite that can turn to Evil Ryu but without Ken Mode. His Evil Ryu mode would still have horizontal Air Hadoukens and his Hadoukens are turned into Shakunetsu Hadouken/Flaming Hadouken instead, Plus a new Air Super Tatsu on original Ryu form.
jCyfRE4.gif

• Spider-Man - Spider-man needs Wall Climb like Strider has in every game.
  • Dan - New Super Summons Blanka to do a electric super like Silver Samurai's Raimei Ken
  • Jean Grey and Professor X from Xmen Cota Wolverine/Cyclops Ending as a new Special Move that is Assist like for Cyclops
  • Jubilee (MVC1 special partner), Jean Grey and Professor X as an Assist like new Special Move for Wolverine 1 and Wolverine 2
  • Thor (MVC1 special partner) as an Assist like new Special Move for Captain America
II. Secret Characters in the Past Return :

- Return Cyber Akuma too as a memorable boss Since there are already Two Wolverines, Or just Replace Akuma with Cyber Akuma but with smaller hadoukens both ground and air like ordinary Akuma, Cyber Akuma has Air Dash and still double air hadoukens.

- Anita from MSH

- It would be better that they completely change Morrilith with real Lillith sprites instead

- Hulk to had Red Hulk with changes like his supers are different and his gamma is changed to his MSH incarnation
164yxP.gif

• Shadow Lady is okay but as for Shadow, US Agent and Mephisto there are only very few difference and their default characters are already doing fine. So no need for them to be replace or added since they are just faster versions. Gold War Machine and Carnage is terrible that is so unbalanced no need to return him.

Shadow Lady could have just make Shadow and Shadow Jin appear to strike a pose with Her after her Final Mission Super (Change to Level 2). Just like Captain Commando's Captain Storm. Like in Shadow Lady's ending in MVC1

WbfUdek.png
  • Armored Spider-Man just need to have a different SUPER
Or instead replace Armored Spider-Man with instead Symbiote Spider-Man, has still the armor features and original special moves but the supers are changed to Venom Super like Venom Web to Symbiote Web. War Machine had different super in MVC2 from Iron Man. It's just a majority black palette for Spidey instead so no major sprite edit, just like Shadow Lady.

uhNeO3V.png

• Violent Ken would be an interesting addition with different supers, different dash animation, No roll and his Tatsu is based on XVSF not MVSF/MVC2.
Plus Violent Ken's with Air Hadouken would be not diagonal trajectory instead it would be change to a VERTICAL trajectory Air Hadouken like in SF2AM movie

qQZvYr.gif

III. Budget and Time Constraint Wise New Characters

The Real Major Problem is adding non-alpha like sprites that it would end up like Capcom Fighting Evolution/Jam, So sprite edits of alpha like sprites are better than adding character from CVS and SF3 then their reworking sprites to alpha-like sprites. Its time consuming also.
  • Sean would be an easy sprite edit since his already in MVC1 at least there is a SF3 rep, so he won't be easily out of place, His just another headswap most likely.
  • MVC2 has no Final Fight Rep so, Cody is the better character for this, Cody has a knife as a default and could used Storm's tornado effect in MVC1 when she was a special partner and not a character. Hugo/Andore is more interesting addition though but they need to changed the majority of palette to match more ALPHA like style.
  • Kyosuke for a Rival School Rep, Kyosuke sprite from CVS2 is redesigned to be Alpha like to match the other majority sprite design, Same case with Hugo/Andore.
  • An Eleven like mode from SFV would be interesting to be implemented
IV. Totally New Characters and Non-Budget New Characters :

Thor, Tessa, Haggar, Gill/Urien, Zero, Deadpool, Dante, and Powerstone Rep would be an interesting addition but it's unlikely to be done right because most would be from scratch and need to match the majority of sprite design.
V. Two-In-One-Character :

yDRBQSU.png

A two-in-one character would be interesting like Juni with Juli as one character from Alpha 3 or Yun with Yang instead from SF3, something like Sabertooth call Birdie or Captain Commando summons his team.

VI. Two-In-One-Character ( Budget and Time Constraint Wise EDITION )

Or Simply a Ryu with Ken as a dramatic

Qk7w67.gif

two-in-one character Ryu with Ken has weak normal damage but has strong damaging supers like Double Shinkuu Hadouken in XVSF/MVSF and some of their double assault in Project X Zone and Namco X Capcom. Or the thing without doing a huge importing of newer sprites.

Kinda like Ryu is assist by Ken or sometimes Sean like his cameo in MVC1. Ryu with Ken as one character has smaller hadouken, different normals and different supers, his shoryuken commands instead summons ken instead to do specials. Just like Captain Commando. His super are Double Shinkuu Hadouken, at Double shoryuken.

The other Super of Ryu with Ken is Double SRK

It's starts with the metsu SRK animation in Alpha 3
N1moV7W.gif

If Connects, Ken Jumps-in for them to finish it with a Double Shin SRK

YEBDDHz.gif

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
maximilian dood has definitely been a big part of this, he definitely has some say in the fighting game community.

He's a cool dude apart from blocking me on twitter for trying to explain to him to be careful with his new oled for screen burn. 🤔
Yeah because it’s a load of wank and you should worry more about your head staying attached

Top Bottom