• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney and Fox are finalizing a $60B deal, could be announced next week

But the MCU would have given us better Fantastic Four and X-Men movies over all though.
X-men 1, 2, First Class, Days of Future Past, The Wolverine, Deadpool and Logan are all as good as or better than most of what Marvel shits out. Fantastic 4 maybe but I would rather have some other non marvel studio take a stab at that for differentiation sake. Despite casting the perfect Peter Park they still managed to make a boring by the number Spiderman movie I have no more faith in them

Ganondolf

$60B seem a lot. I don't think xmen and the smaller brands are worth that much (compared to what they paid for marvel and star wars).

Edit: just notice that it includes Fox's stake in sky and hulu which would be worth a lot (especially sky)

goldenpp72

After Deadpool, Logan and Future, would be a shame to see those become by the numbers marvel movies. I really hope Disney doesn't destroy what made some of the last stuff from Fox special.

quickwhips

Would be cool if they reboot everything but Deadpool is still Ryan and he remembers everything from the other universe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'd rather they stay separate, to be honest. I like MCU films just fine, but we got stuff like Logan and Deadpool because Fox needed to differentiate themselves. Also, this leaves fewer entry ways for new screenwriters to get into the business. They'll just use their go-to people. Although, things might not rapidly change. Disney might use Fox to make more adult and mid budget films, something Disney just doesn't do at all for the former and anymore for the latter

It is what it is. I like the idea of Bob Iger sticking around for this, at least.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'd rather they stay separate.

Disney could seek control of the MCU and propose a buy-out for that specifically, but FOX needs to remain as is.

Under the Disney umbrella, will FOX have produced Hidden Figures, War of the Planet of the Apes, Alien, Murder on the Orient Express and Kingsman? I don't think so, unless the strategy is to have those types of films produced for their OTT platform.

Still, not a fan as this will push more consolidation in the content business just to catch-up to the likes of these bigger companies.

SFenton

I'd rather they stay separate.

Disney could seek control of the MCU and propose a buy-out for that specifically, but FOX needs to remain as is.

Under the Disney umbrella, will FOX have produced Hidden Figures, War of the Planet of the Apes, Alien, Murder on the Orient Express and Kingsman? I don't think so, unless the strategy is to have those types of films produced for their OTT platform.

Still, not a fan as this will push more consolidation in the content business just to catch-up to the likes of these bigger companies.

I bet Fox will become a banner for these types of films or horror movies like Alien, for example, since Touchstone isn't really around anymore and those movies do have a place to make money at the box office (though, I think out of everything there, only HF and Murder did *very* well for their budgets, which IIRC were pretty small for both films).

I doubt they'll be for the OTT platform, but damn, the idea of buying into whatever Disney is streaming vs. Netflix just got ridiculously stronger.

Top Bottom