• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney announces red Stormtrooper. This is Star Wars now.

iconmasterX

Jan 27, 2018
They are officially out of ideas.

Does it look cool? Sure. Because the original Stormtroopers looked cool.

This is all 21st-century Disney can do, focus-test in on the bits of our childhoods we fondly remember and regurgitate them in a slightly different, usually worse form.

RedCarp04

Neo Member
Feb 24, 2018
Couldn' t they have bothered giving it a different helmet design? It's just a normal stormtrooper repainted red. Looks lazily done.

Last edited:
Reactions: AhmedGo

Pagusas

Jun 9, 2006
Prosper, Tx
We all knew in our hearts Disney would drive Star Wars into the ground. I got to give them props though, they did it far faster than I thought possible.

Though let’s be honest, Is this any less silly than an all Chrome stormtrooper...

Last edited:

DiscoJer

Sep 26, 2009
St. Louis
One would think that with Star Wars technology, they could have armor that changed color according to some sort of control mechanism, or go camouflage, like Predator

Also be cool if they added Maximilion, the evil robot from The Black Hole. (he was red, that's just made me think of it).

Reactions: DocONally and GV82
Jan 9, 2018
Why do we need red Stormtroopers when these exist?

Its like when the NWO storyline ran its course over at WCW, and the best idea they could come up with, was to create a NWO faction that used the colour red instead of white.

....shortly after, WCW went out of business.

"Luke Skywalker here and I fooled you all by faking my own death and Big Dad Vader never killed Emperor Palpatine. Also fuck the Jedi order and fuck the Sith order. They can both die since we're combining them both into one order BROTHER!"

Last edited:

GV82

Neo Member
Jun 27, 2019
UK
Another film another batch of Storm Trooper designs, this is the least shocking bit of Star Wars.

Gotta have new toys & new designs for the 501st to cosplay as, I feel there is probably 2-3 others in the film.

Then we will get more new ones in Manadlorian & fallen order before the year ends.

Couldn' t they have bothered giving it a different helmet design? It's just a normal stormtrooper repainted red. Looks lazily done.
Yes I still hate the Duck beak shaped helmets to this day.

The mountain trooper figure for Galaxy's Edge looks a bit better at least, I don’t know if it will be in the film or not though.

Stitch

Nov 26, 2006
Red Stormtroopers were already part of the old Canon, they just brought them back for the new Canon with a different helmet.

Reactions: DocONally
Aug 26, 2018
I dont mind color changes but I want to see a variety. New ST were a nice upgrade from the old ones. So why not redesign again for the red ones, otherwise we gonna have a Mortal Kombat ninjas scenario.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Just no imagination. They aren’t even trying. “Here’s the old thing but painted red”

Funny enough Phasma was JJ’s “favourite character”. Another fucking palette swap. What if stormtrooper but shiny?

This series is entirely bankrupt. No ideas.

Barnabot

Oct 16, 2018
Even Bandai has more creative ideas to make Kamen Rider and Super Sentai designs than Disney. Maybe Disney should reach Bandai.

nikolino840

Dec 30, 2018
Do you know that Disney Is Just the name of the producer Company?
The movie have another Company of design and scenography and costumes...

iconmasterX

Jan 27, 2018
At this point it would be easier to list the things NOT coming back
Those ships you loved? That bad guy you loved? Those actors you loved, even if they're so old they can barely get out their lines? We brought them all back! Please see this film.

• LOL
Reactions: pramod

The Snake

Jan 10, 2019
new designs for the 501st to cosplay as
lmao I can't argue with you there. There were 501st members in my groups selling helmet kits for this before it was even officially revealed, basing it entirely on that leaked, unverified poster. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Luffytubby

Jul 26, 2018
Undermines the red Royal Palace Guards. Stormtroopers are white. They are iconic and famous. Don't understand this decision at all.

Eraroten

Mar 20, 2017
They will be as cool as the black troopers from rogue one, who did nothing of value.