• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney announces red Stormtrooper. This is Star Wars now.

Space Runaway

Sep 5, 2018
So I guess all that's left is an official showing of C-3P0 with Chewie's gear and everything from that poster will have been substantiated. Or did that already happen?

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
"hey we have a lot of unsold stormtrooper stock, what do we do?"
"paint it red, sell it as a new kind of trooper"

"hey we overshot our print of Chewbacca accessories, what do we do?"
"eh, throw em in the C-3PO package"

my only real question for the next movie is how blatant the theme park tie in will be. Coca Cola as a SW brand is now actual canon, it's not a question of will they do product placement in the movie, but how much, and how blatant?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
my only real question for the next movie is how blatant the theme park tie in will be. Coca Cola as a SW brand is now actual canon, it's not a question of will they do product placement in the movie, but how much, and how blatant?
The whole "let's put on-the-nose pop culture references in our movies/videogames" is a trend I wish would die a sudden death. It's amusing when used sparingly, but like you said it's basically a hair away from direct product placement.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Two thoughts:

1) sticking with what works makes me happy. It's the new ideas that have sucked so far.
2) Sith are coming back? Praise the heavens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDiggity

Jan 3, 2014
Everyone knows the red ones are superior based on the law of chromatic superiority. Next step is to add some flames and then they will be unstoppable.

buizel

Feb 19, 2018
dude are you FUCKING KIDDING ME with that spoiler riffic title. you fucking spoiled the last Skywalker or whatever the fuck it's called for me and me kids cause I told them and now they know and it's YOUR FAULT

FUCK dude this adds like so many layers to the lore . I wished youd let me discover it in Delilah Dawson's epic novel coming out in which the red stormtrooper is in like 6 pages of something . DUDE WTF

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
FUCK dude this adds like so many layers to the lore
did you hear the Emperor might be coming back??? they are referencing a guy in an old Star Wars movie IN A NEW STAR WARS MOVIEEEE???? a guy that has been in 5 out of 8 films is coming back!!! nobody could have seeeeen this comiiiiiing!!!!

i mean THE SITH. that's a Star Wars thing! and it's going to be in a new Star Wars movie!!! can you believe it!!!!???

• Fire
Reactions: iconmasterX

buizel

Feb 19, 2018
did you hear the Emperor might be coming back??? they are referencing a guy in an old Star Wars movie IN A NEW STAR WARS MOVIEEEE???? a guy that has been in 5 out of 8 films is coming back!!! nobody could have seeeeen this comiiiiiing!!!!

i mean THE SITH. that's a Star Wars thing! and it's going to be in a new Star Wars movie!!! can you believe it!!!!???
wow dude it's crazy because kyro ten is so different from the sith and is totally not the opposite to the newly reborn rebels

can you imagine if there's one of those red stormtroopers and he runs out and we find out it's b'izno k'arn or tarfo nib or one of those legendary Jedi's from the karzak wads on bliptar 7

GV82

Neo Member
Jun 27, 2019
UK

Just some of the many available over the years, other colours too. Some of these designs I didn’t even know existed like swamp troopers

Last edited:

Elcid

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2018
And that my friends is why Star Wars ended on 6. As far as I'm concerned there was no 6 or 7 or Solo. Rogue One was well done fan fiction though.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
They are officially out of ideas.

Does it look cool? Sure. Because the original Stormtroopers looked cool.

This is all 21st-century Disney can do, focus-test in on the bits of our childhoods we fondly remember and regurgitate them in a slightly different, usually worse form.
Well, I guess we now know what happened to the enormous mountain of unsold normal white storm troopers after Toys4Us went under.

Paint them red and put them in a new box.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: iconmasterX

Ol'Scratch

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2019
Looks like Star Wars has to take a rest for a few years. Disney has beaten this franchise into a pulp of no substance in an attempt to push merchandise over decent story telling.
Did you just type this? The Phantom Menace was quite literally the biggest abomination of a toy blitz and marketing clusterfuck of any Star Wars movie if not any movie ever made as were the other two prequel movies and this was 100% Lucas. The Post Disney acquisition movies have not even come remotely close and have not released nearly as many toys or merch. Plus as usual people selectively forget that Lucasfilm still has creative over everything, not Disney.
TLDR You do not know a fucking shred of what you are talking about.

Eraroten

Mar 20, 2017
As people already mentioned, will there be any difference between these troopers and the regular ones? Cause the cool chrome trooper Phasma certainly did jack shit.

And that my friends is why Star Wars ended on 6. As far as I'm concerned there was no 6 or 7 or Solo. Rogue One was well done fan fiction though.
The disney wars movies have legit done so little for the overall story, ruined it more than helped, that I completely ignore them when it comes to canon. xD

Last edited: