• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Buys Marvel - Your Crazy Game Ideas?

Dragon

Banned
I know this is totally off topic and not knowing anything about the stock market, but how is Marvel's stock higher than Disney's (by almost twice as much)?

dionysus

Yaldog
TheBranca18 said:
I know this is totally off topic and not knowing anything about the stock market, but how is Marvel's stock higher than Disney's (by almost twice as much)?

Stock Price * # of shares = Value of company(market capitalization to be technical).

The stock price by itself can't be used to compare the size of companies.

TheBranca18 said:

The volume of Disney stocks floating around is much larger than Marvel.

Edit: And what he said above.

TheBranca18 said:

Because stock price doesn't determine the company's value.

Value = stock price * number of stocks.

edit: beaten

Disney Vs Marvel made by Capcom.

Aladdin facing off against Spiderman.

The Beast facing off against Beast.

Chip and Dale vs. Throg.

It'll be awesome.

LiK

crowphoenix said:

Chip and Dale vs. Throg.

It'll be awesome.

:lol

carlosp

Banned
it was already aswered but i just give you a little more details.

A share is ultimately nothing more then one part of the company. The price of this share does not represent the numbers of small parts in which the company was divided in. If comapny one has 100 shares and each costs 1000 dollar and the company two has 200 shares which costs 500 dollar, then both companies has the same value even if the shares of company one has two time value of company two.

gibration

crowphoenix said:

Chip and Dale vs. Throg.

It'll be awesome.
I like this.
Fimbulvetr said:
Even better Crossover idea: Square Enix VS. Disney VS. Marvel VS. Capcom.
:O

OH SNAP!
I like this even better.
So many ideas!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fimbulvetr said:
Even better Crossover idea: Square Enix VS. Disney VS. Marvel VS. Capcom.
:O

OH SNAP!

A reuniting of Disney and Capcom would be the best thing to happen to the video game industry in years.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
deadpool.jpg

+

Incredibles-Uzasnakovi_01-7681.jpg

make it happen:D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
All I know is that Capcom needs to be involved. They have a history of making amazing Disney and Marvel games as well as crossover games!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Fuck videogames. I hope Disney makes some feature animation out of Marvel properties. Imagine an animated Spider-man with the budget and care of something like Aladdin. God-frickin-damn.

This totally sucks. Wanna bet Hannah Montana will end up in a Spidey or Iron Man comic? Disney might be the worst company to sell Marvel to... Everything will be PG... Just watch that Disney/Mickey South Park special and you will understand how bad this is.

dionysus

Yaldog
1337 said:
This totally sucks. Wanna bet Hannah Montana will end up in a Spidey or Iron Man comic? Disney might be the worst company to sell Marvel to... Everything will be PG... Just watch that Disney/Mickey South Park special and you will understand how bad this is.

You do know that Disney has many mature properties. Their movie division is a great example. They just market the Disney name in relation to their tween and child properties, but as a company they are in all media markets and demigraphics.

Ceebs

When does Activision's Marvel license expire? I would think that the Marvel games would be sent over to Disney's internal studios if they get the game rights back.

I doubt it would change the games to be honest. You cant even tell that Disney was somehow involved in BlackRock Studios production of PURE, unless you actually notice it on the packaging and whatnot.

Marvel accepted the offer?

LiK

1337 said:

well, this might mean that Marvel has more cash for the movies which is a good thing. kinda similar to the WB/DC thing and that's going well for them.

Steroyd

So that's why the Jetix channel dissapeared, and Iron Man is now on Disney XD, I thought I was living in bizzaro world when I first saw that this morning.

Can't think of any good face offs though, other than what's already been mentioned, maybe Wolverine vs ...Stitch? o_O

1337 said:

Just because Disney makes some shitty stuff for tweens doesn't mean they don't do anything good.

Rlan

In terms of GAMES the majority of Marvel games are made by Activision. In the larger picture it may mean Disney Interactive Studios may have more control over their game properties. It might also mean more games for THQ (who do the majority of Disney licensed games, are are doing Marvel Superhero Squad) or more for Activision.

Or to go on a nutty, incomprehensible tangent:

Marvel Vs. Capcom
Marvel = Disney
:.
Disney + Capcom
=
xducktales_nes.jpg

Top Bottom