• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney: Epic Mickey "Has Potential To Be As Successful On The Wii To Nintendo Levels"

Also, why do developers or companies say these things? Why can't they just shut up and let the final product do the talking?

What if it doesn't turn out great and the game sucks? Than what? Why set themselves up for more humiliation?

Whatever. It annoys me when companies or developers boast like this.

Nirolak said:
It was a radio drama from the 1930's that with police sirens, gun fire, squealing tires, and all sorts of other loud noises.

Hence "Coming on like Gangbusters".

Segata Sanshiro said:
Well sir, in the 30s there was a radio program called Gangbusters, which was about police officers who broke up and arrested gangs of the day. This type of police were noted for their incredible efficiency, power, and speed. Around the time of the show, people started using the slang expression "going like gangbusters" and it wasn't long before it cross-pollinated with other expressions, creating "it'll do gangbusters" and "it'll sell like gangbusters".

Ha I was all prepared to drop some knowledge and you guys were way ahead of me.

Luigiv

Nimyh said:
I hope we get to see more of the game's darker side. The first screenshots were somewhat underwhelming compared to the rejected concept art that started the actual hype for the game.
Fixed.

Luigiv said:

And how do you know that exactly? The only time, as far as I know, that Warren has talked about the artwork was way back at GDC 07 when he was on GFW Radio, where he said the opposite. He showed high-up Disney execs artwork he himself deemed as to far-out and extreme, but the execs went along with it. And the zombie Goofy from the artwork is still present, judging from the Donald zombie ingame model:

dcpr44.jpg

So it's not like they have scaled back on what they have had in their minds when coming up with the concept. There is still the animatronic versions of all Mickeys friends and the messed up forgotten Disney characters like the Hades-Beetleworx enemy we have seen.

rezuth

Vinterbird said:
And how do you know that exactly? The only time, as far as I know, that Warren has talked about the artwork was way back at GDC 07 when he was on GFW Radio, where he said the opposite. He showed high-up Disney execs artwork he himself deemed as to far-out and extreme, but the execs went along with it. And the zombie Goofy from the artwork is still present, judging from the Donald zombie ingame model:

dcpr44.jpg

So it's not like they have scaled back on what they have had in their minds when coming up with the concept. There is still the animatronic versions of all Mickeys friends and the messed up forgotten Disney characters like the Hades-Beetleworx enemy we have seen.
That is no zombie but a robot.

BowieZ

Banned
Quality (thus good metacritic + good word-of-mouth)
+ Advertising that appeals to the right demographic or challenges other demographics
+ Advertising that shows people playing and enjoying the game
+ Appealing box art
=FUCKTON OF SALES

Top Bottom