• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Faceplants With First Animated LGBTQ Character: A Horned Cyclops Lesbian Cop

Wait Elsa’s gay?

Nah. The twitshits thought it was going to be Elsa, but instead they got horn on the cob.

I remember when i used the condoms from the dispenser in the bathroom at a hotel, they rolled out to fit the largest of blokes, but the circumference of the rubber ring was only about 25mm~.

My horn went purple so Itook it off and had to resort to just pulling out.

I convinced they were labeled wrong and were actually meant for just holding your spare change for the pokemachines.

oagboghi2

They’re one of the few groups that actually was socially oppressed in recent memory.

That made them a perfect target for the left’s victimhood pushing, insane ideology to sink its hooks into.
Their are multiple groups today being oppressed around the world, including Christian's.

But even if this is the case, how does making a cyclops gay in a child's movie fix anything?

lock2k

Banned
I expect to see that cyclops eat pussy or why does her sexual orientation matter? Does her significant other get fridged?

This.

I'm 36. To this day I don't understand why letting people know you like cock or pussy is something important or a reason to be proud of. It's like being proud of having a nose and the ability to breathe. Humans are fucking stupid.

At least, having just one eye, it's easy to keep it focused on the prize. lmao

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
Honestly, this unicorn looks like an avatar designed BY the actress who is voicing her, and in all probability, WROTE her.
lenawaitheonward-1200x675.jpg

If this is the case, I don't see any reason for outrage.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Because it makes them feel better.

Their assumption is every character (real actor or animation) is heterosexual even though most characters in movies don't tell, since a person's sexual preference has no point in the plot.

It would be like every character in Lord of the Rings at some point during the series of films to tell viewers if they have boyfriends or girlfriends. And let viewers figure out from there if they are straight or gay. Doesn't seem like it's important for the plot, so who cares.

So in order to feel there's such thing as a gay person in a movie, they have to either say it, have it in the plot, or the writers add a blatant gay role with a feminine man giggling.

Sam and Frodo are definitely bumming.

nikolino840

Why do gay people care so badly about this so-called representation? This is a fantasy character, in a fantasy world. If it is mention for only one sentence, Why does her having a girlfriend or boyfriend matter at all?

it would be like if a character existed just to say "I love Jesus" for one second in a movie. It's just stupid
I don't know...why anti-woke care?

nikolino840

For example...i don't care.. i'm not Happy or disappointed...
They make a lesbian cop? Mmmh.ok...i don't spread words of hates against lgbt community...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the more i think on this the more it is actually teaching a valuable lesson:

lesbians can be fascist authoritarians too!

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Wait, back up.
"This is how most straight people see us."
Am I being told that most straight people see lesbians as either cops or one-eyed one-horned purple people eaters?

Audience Score will be interesting?

O5nb6ne.jpg

I didn't even know this movie was in a theater. Hmmm.. they wouldn't stir up contoversytosellamoviewoulthey.............?

Last edited:
Damned if you do, Damned if you don't... How bout we let the lgbtq community design the character and see what they churn out? They'll borderline kill each other in settling in on a design they can all agree on and I bet you it'll still be a shit show with whatever design they come up with in the end.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Imagine caring this much about characters in a movie for children.
lol whenever i see this ignorant take.

children are the most susceptible to media. often they cannot tell the difference between real life and make believe. they also spend a lot more time being taught by screens than their parents. if anything, we should want media made for children to be BETTER than the stuff for adults.

whenever i see "It's for children!" it's like "it is supposed to suck and be shitty" and im thinking, why would you want to raise people on the worst possible media? shouldn't we want more than that?

like we are in a race to the bottom with this kind of thinking.

Last edited:

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is it a 2 second scene where she says “I’m gay!” And they change it to “I’m Fay!” For the Chinese cut

zeorhymer

Ugh, I can't stand these alphabet 'activists.' With their loud mouth frothing shit, they make the rest of us look so bad. They can't even come to a consensus on what it means to be "queer." Bunch of narcissists. They the epitome of a snowflake.

Spokker

I don't get how this is positive when their design for the character looks like something 4chan would dream up as a joke.

Wait, back up.
"This is how most straight people see us."
Am I being told that most straight people see lesbians as either cops or one-eyed one-horned purple people eaters?
You have to admire the level of brain-fart that it takes to employ a broad generalisation when bemoaning broad generalisations.

O5nb6ne.jpg

I didn't even know this movie was in a theater. Hmmm.. they wouldn't stir up contoversytosellamoviewoulthey.............?

Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic delete reviews they don't like, particularly negative ones.

Don't trust the audience scores on those sites. Rise of Skywalker stayed at the exact same percentage--86--even when the review count jumped like 50k.

I just checked and it's *still* at 86% with almost 100k reviews. So the percentage hasn't changed one bit since it had like 5k reviews. "People *love* Rise of Skywalker! See?"

And this is just one example of RT / Metacritic doing this.

Last edited:
Honestly, this unicorn looks like an avatar designed BY the actress who is voicing her, and in all probability, WROTE her.
lenawaitheonward-1200x675.jpg

If this is the case, I don't see any reason for outrage.

Oh my god that is one hideous beast. The cyclops is fucking ugly too.

Guaranteed that hypocritical SJW's would label the one on the right stunningly beautiful, but because they have no idea the cyclops is modeled after her, they have no problems calling out its ugliness. Pathetic.

NickFire

O5nb6ne.jpg

Ummm, having looked at the movie poster in the post I am quoting here, I have to ask a simple question. Why is this character's appearance a problem exactly? I'm looking to two blue elfish looking guys, a third blue person, etc. The issue seems to be more of a awful twitter hot takes issue than Disney's choice of how to draw the character in question.

Top Bottom