• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0: Mulan, Star Wars, Mickey/Minnie, Quorra/Flynn, Olaf, Inside Out

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The image of the most important character (Mulan of course) was saved by Polygon. There were supposedly more images leaked, but Google seems to have cleared their cache, but someone probably has them.

30figureleak_1024.0lgjzw.png

Polygon said:
The figurines depicted included Mickey, Mulan and Olaf as well as Minnie Mouse, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron Legacy, and five characters from the upcoming Inside Out movie, due to release this summer.

Additionally, multiple sources with direct knowledge of the game have confirmed to Polygon that a line of Star Wars figurines will be part of the upcoming Disney Infinity. This fits with past rollouts; last year's Disney Infinity 2.0 had a wave of Marvel Comics characters as well as "Disney Originals" from as a standard lineup from Disney's larger catalog of works.
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/20/84...-3-rumor-star-wars-frozen-tron-mickey-figures

Edit:

Via Waroi64:

CDCho7nUsAATOVD.jpg

Shauni

Don't have Infinity, will probably never play Infinity, but getting a Mulan figure. I'll make a man outta her yet.

Grimsen

The games may be bad (although my 4 year-old loves them, and I like playing with him), the figures are always top notch.

Vashetti

Banned
Surely this toys + games craze has to collapse in on itself at some point?

I walked into Game in Cardiff (UK) yesterday and literally half the store was shelves of Disney Infinity, Skylanders and Amiibo tat.

SalvaPot

Mulan, huh?

Her and Timon and Pumbaa are all I want for sure.

Oh god please don´t release Timon and Pumbaa, I couldn´t resist.

Xater

I walked into Game in Cardiff (UK) yesterday and literally half the store was shelves of Disney Infinity, Skylanders and Amiibo tat.

It will at some point. It's just bound to happen, but not right now. At this point toys to live is still a big money maker.

KoopaTheCasual

Gearing up for the live action Mulan movie. Is it bad that I'm super excited and optimistic for that movie? They can't possibly white-wash that cast, can they? That would cause too much of a shitstorm.

I wonder if 3.0 will focus on Star Wars, would be silly if it didn't.
They are finally making a normal Mickey, took them long enough. Not too fond of his design though.
The they really should've made a Frozen play set, they probably could've made a lot from that. Maybe they are waiting for Frozen 2 or something

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Gearing up for the live action Mulan movie. Is it bad that I'm super excited and optimistic for that movie? They can't possibly white-wash that cast, can they? That would cause too much of a shitstorm.

Don't worry the cast will be:

Mulan: Jennifer Lawrence
Mushu: Andy Serkis
Li Shang: Chris Pratt
Shan Yu: Clint Eastwood

Disney Infinity will if they keep on restricting the characters you can use to specific worlds, it's beyond ridiculous that half the characters they release are basically toybox mode only. Skylanders has a serious advantage in that respect, each new game supports every single character that has been released, and they can be used in every single level.

Shauni

I thought so, too, but the more I think about, the more I think this will probably be something with a lot of staying power. The marriage of toys and games is like a child's dream, collectors get new figures, and adults have something decent to play with their kids. It hits all the weak points.

Com_Raven

I wonder if they will also have more Marvel figures this year, or if it will be strictly Star Wars and Disney. Especially given rumors of no backwards compatibility.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm in. Just recently got DI 2.0 for the Wii U, and the kids love it. I love to play as Hiro when someone else is playing Baymax.

Anyways the Star Wars stuff is to be expected, but fuck in my veins. Gonna blow so much on those SW figures.

Karak

I went from thinking these things were dumb to really enjoying their entertainment value.
Needs more than 3 playsets though

Toxi

Banned
Mulan having the fan instead of a more typical weapon is a clever choice, considering it's what she disarms Shang-Yu with at the end of the movie.
I will never play a toys to life game, but I have an Anna and Elsa set that I kiss and make kiss every day.
...Aren't they sisters?

Vanillalite

I went from thinking these things were dumb to really enjoying their entertainment value.
Needs more than 3 playsets though

Toy Box 2.0 is great especially when I see the kids playing as it's very much like Minecraft build and create your own fun for them.

That being said for me personally I wish they'd release more playsets for 2.0. I guess my age shows that Toy Box mode can get boring more quickly for me.

Neoxon

Please get Ming-Na Wen to voice Mulan again. She's in the Disney fold as Agent May on SHIELD.

Still, nice to see Mulan, OG Micky, & Inside Out represented here. Hopefully the Tron Legacy figures work on 2.0 since they're in the game already, they just lacked figures until now.

Lijik

When the Tron figures leaked out a couple of months ago, I was hoping they'd be late additions to 2.0. Idk if I'm going to jump into 3.0 or not.

I love to play as Hiro when someone else is playing Baymax.

Hiro being able to jump onto Baymax's back to hitch a ride is the best thing about the game. Really cool detail. Wish they had a Big Hero 6 playset to take advantage of it

Neoxon

When the Tron figures leaked out a couple of months ago, I was hoping they'd be late additions to 2.0. Idk if I'm going to jump into 3.0 or not.

Hiro being able to jump onto Baymax's back to hitch a ride is the best thing about the game. Really cool detail. Wish they had a Big Hero 6 playset to take advantage of it
I'm also surprised that Big Hero 6 didn't get a playset alongside the other Marvel properties (& that it didn't have any mention of Marvel on the box).

Neoxon

I'm guessing that Star Wars will be getting all the playsets this time like Marvel did in 2.0. My guesses for what playsets...

- Original Trilogy
- The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Rebels
- (Maybe) The Prequels/Clone Wars

I'm mainly putting my bets on the first 3.

Well, what else would you suggest they try and sell?

In the recent past, they had huge placements of 7 platforms of physical games which were coming out at a clip of over 1,000 per year.

Last year, just north of 200 physical games were released. The Nintendo market has collapsed, packaged handheld games are selling nowhere near the quantities they used to, and on the new Consoles games are coming out at a trickle.

So what would you have them do? Close the doors? Start selling t-shirts or something?

Vanillalite

Every character group needs it's own playset.

Also I get not wanting to flood the channels, but man Disney has such a MASSIVE library of characters I hate this drip feeding we are getting with DI. They could release twice as many characters for each point version and still drag this out for years.

empyrean

They need to make the software 'play sets' more meaningful. Adore the idea of Disney Infinity just find their implementation isn't very good imo.

Dang it seems weird to see this stuff already, but I guess we should be expecting Skylanders 5 stuff too soon.

Mickey's face...I dunno what but there's something off about it. Like, his eyes or something.
Wish they would have used the retro look like they have in the Mickey Mouse short cartoons with the old pac man looking eyes.

Minnie looks good, and so do the Inside Out guys. But I'm surprised it took this long for a main Mickey and Minnie figure; Donald got the jump on everyone, but unless they announce others, we're still missing Goofy, Pluto and probably Daisy and Pete.

I've expressed my surprise with the Skylanders fandom, but..it's very weird to me that there seems to be a lack of people selling/showing off these figures signed by the Voice Actors for them. Surely someone has thought "oh wow, what if I got Ming-Na to sing this Mulan figure?" If I had the ability to go to cons or other things, I'd totally do that, especially with Skylanders having such prolific VAs and Infinity featuring well known characters.

Zalman

If this is real, I'll grab Mickey, Minnie and Mulan. No real interest in Inside Out. Hard to sell me on it when I haven't even seen the movie.

Top Bottom