• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Plus Announced for Europe + UK

JimiNutz

Banned
I guess this will allow me to buy for one month, binge the Mandalorian (if it ends up being good) and then cancel.
I suppose I don't mind waiting until March if that's the case.

sol_bad

Totally diiferent topic but related in a way. Not sure if it's worth it's own thread but Hulu is getting the entire FX catalogue of TV shows.

Absolutely no idea if there will be a cost or if it will just be included for the standard Hulu pricing.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Fuck yes. This thing will be an absolute smash hit. Even less wealthy families can afford £6 a month, unlike £60 for Sky. If they add in UK sports, they will crush the market.

dan76

How can anyone avoid spoilers on the Mandalorian until March? I ain't waiting til then, no Bob.

llien

Disney is getting too big, and it isn't good.

I also wonder, how far can one get with subscription model and no series?

GV82

Pfft March 31st considering we were the first to have the service minus the new content for 2 years now called Disney Life, all they have to do is drop the new shows on it.

Oh well Disney’s loss, I will have already seen everything by then.

McCheese

A 4 month wait is basically an invitation to pirate The Mandalorian.

Unless you want stuff spoiled, it's basically a choice between pirating it the moment it comes out, or moving to the south pole until March.

Seems dumb staggering the launch when they own all the content, normally these things are so they can sort out all the right holder legal stuff.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Unless you want stuff spoiled, it's basically a choice between pirating it the moment it comes out, or moving to the south pole until March.

Seems dumb staggering the launch when they own all the content, normally these things are so they can sort out all the right holder legal stuff.

When they licensed all their stuff to other companies in Europe (like Sky) they can't stream it until those deals end.

McCheese

When they licensed all their stuff to other companies in Europe (like Sky) they can't stream it until those deals end.

I wondered that, but the UK got "Disney life" before any other country, which was the proto version of this and has most Disney movies etc already on it, just no original content.

I'm going to blame the rest of Europe, maybe EU stuff wouldn't allow them to have the service just in the UK.

JimiNutz

Banned
Disney are crazy not to licence The Mandalorian to Sky (UK) in the short term.
People are going to pirate the shit out of it so they might as well make some money selling it to Sky so that it can be shown in the lead up to RoS.

sol_bad

This is bullshit, I didnt have access to HBO during season 1-6 of GOT. Watched the seasons on blu ray. And I was never spoiled.

Just don't enter threads about Mandalorian and don't enter newly made or newly updated threads on forums or Reddit.

As for Twitter a d Instagram. I don't use that crap anyway.

I know Mandalorian is going to be massively pirated but this is a cop out bullshit excuse. As for jackasses that don't want to support Disney at all, don't watch their shows/movies at all.

Top Bottom