• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney+ Scores 10 Million Sign-Ups

bitbydeath

Disney has announced that its freshly launched Disney+ streaming service has clocked up ten million sign-ups to the service in its first 24 hours.

Disney+ is reportedly aiming for around 60 million global users by 2024

Cool, how many of those subs did they pay for themselves?
An awful lot of them, since there is a week-long free trial on a standard (non-bundle) signup before you are charged. So this is a bit of counting chickens before they are hatched. That said, that's an awful lot of signups.

Kagey K

Banned
I paid for a year straight up. I figured it would take us that long to get through the back content before we started running out of things to watch.

They included a very deep selection at launch and I feel unless they start looking at Touchstone and Fox there isn’t a lot more for them to add.

They hit all the big ones for my, though my 14 year old who used to love a Disney Channel said they are Missing Sonny with a Chance, ANT Farm, Life with Derek and Bunk’d.

There is really something for everyone on there right now.

brap

Banned
Wake me up when they put The Brave Little Toaster and My Date With The President's Daughter on there.

Kagey K

Banned
Wake me up when they put The Brave Little Toaster and My Date With The President's Daughter on there.
They don’t own the Brave Little Toaster and I agree they need it, they have the 2 sequels, but not the best one.

Kagey K

Banned
Wtf how? It's a Disney movie.
Apparently the first one is owned by Universal even though Disney made it, it was back when they did production but not distribution, they need to buy back distribution rights for them to put it on D+

I was going to sign up but then heard they didnt have Home Alone. I didnt even know Home Alone was Disney, but apparently it is. So once I can stream it, I'll sub.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I was going to sign up but then heard they didnt have Home Alone. I didnt even know Home Alone was Disney, but apparently it is. So once I can stream it, I'll sub.

Genuinely curious, why are you waiting to pay Disney for one movie made in 1990 when you could just go download it? Surely you'd only subscribe to a streaming service because you're interested in a chunk of the catalogue?

Genuinely curious, why are you waiting to pay Disney for one movie made in 1990 when you could just go download it? Surely you'd only subscribe to a streaming service because you're interested in a chunk of the catalogue?
Its the principle. Of course I already have Home Alone, its just the fact that they don't. Disney minus in my book until I can stream it there.

• Triggered
Reactions: AV

Birdo

Banned
mindless-drones.jpg

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Wuuuut. Well then sign me the f up. Someone told me they didnt.

Not that I know the answer, but make sure they are available in your region. The 3 are on my US Disney+ but I don’t know if are There in other countries. I’d hate for you to sign up only to find that out.

Its Disney only because they bought all the Fox stuff.

It's kinda strange they don't have Anastasia on there yet, though. Thumbelina is there and Anastasia is now a Disney Step-Princess, if you will. I'm guessing adding more back catalog like that to the service over time will be their public rationale for the inevitable price hikes.

I forgot Rogue One was on there. Now I can watch that for the third time and hope the Mandalorian stays good (they got some super questionable directors for future episodes, but at least Favreau wrote almost all of them).

Kenpachii

Its a no brainer for most parents with kids.

I got it, only watched mandalorian never anything else tho, but then again netflix is also rolling as sub but barely watch it.

didn't really see a dedicated thread for it so I figure I'll ask on here.

so a friend was over at my place a while ago and ended up installing Disney+ on my PS4. I didn't really use it for a pretty long time since I've already seen most of the stuff they have on that I would be interested, but I started giving it a try recently. after watching a few movies, I did notice something strange. the app would sometimes have delay/snapback during streaming for some reason. I have pretty good speed connection wise and my PS4 is hooked up to a LAN cable so for the most part it's pretty smooth when I play games or watch Netflix on there which is why these hiccups on Disney+ really stands out for me. is this a known issue?

Top Bottom