• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Tsum Tsum (mobile game) has made over $1 billion, 70 million downloads

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And this is before we even get to the toys.

TOKYO – July 3, 2017 – LINE: Disney Tsum Tsum, the puzzle game for iOS and Android devices from LINE Corporation, has surpassed two major milestones – on April 29, it reached 70 million downloads worldwide, and on April 11 achieved USD1 billion in cumulative sales.

The casual, free-to-play puzzle game, based on Disney’s popular line of Tsum Tsum plush characters originating from the Disney Store Japan, was launched in Japan on January 29, 2014. An English version was released on July 1, 2014 in 154 countries and regions, including the United States. Through multiple television commercial campaigns, global promotions in conjunction with new Disney, Disney•Pixar and Star Wars movie releases, and other marketing efforts, the user base for LINE: Disney Tsum Tsum has steadily increased since its release.

Tsum Tsum by the numbers
Since the launch of the game, 137 Tsum Tsum have appeared in the game (as of May 31, 2017), from well-known Disney mainstays Mickey Mouse and Princesses to characters from their new films such as Jedi Luke and Darth Vader from "Star Wars," appealing to a wide range of users. The game will surely keep its fans entertained as it continues to introduce more characters in the future.

Throughout the game, players collect Disney, Disney•Pixar and Star Wars Tsum Tsum. Each collectable character can be leveled up over time and has a special ability that provides in-game help. The most popular character for leveling up is Cinderella – Tsum Tsum with a clear skill that allows players to connect long chains of different Tsum Tsum and clear them as many times as they can within the time limit. Beast (from Beauty and the Beast) was the second most-popular and Maleficent Dragon (Sleeping Beauty) was ranked third.

tsumtsum_170703_ranki6ez1i.jpg

1st: Cinderella
2nd: Beast
3rd: Maleficent Dragon
4th: Scar
5th: Jasmine
6th: Jedi Luke
7th: Jafar
8th: Maleficent
9th: Birthday Anna
10th: Simba
Source: https://linecorp.com/en/pr/news/en/2017/1790

Ramirez

I see these things every time we go into one of their stores, and they take up so much of the space. I have no clue why anyone would want them.

Didn't even know there was a game about them, lol.

I see these things every time we go into one of their stores, and they take up so much of the space. I have no clue why anyone would want them.

Tiny Hulk was really cute.
51UN4Y%2Bw2pL.jpg

*High pitched voice* HULK SMASH

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Cot damn...

I literally never heard of this game or the toys.

The game came out first. It's been around a number of years now.

Top Bottom