• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia 012 Adds Boob Jiggling, Cleavage Zoom In

Ferrio said:
Hell using a certain site as a measure factor, Tifa has 4x the amount of pictures to Aeris.

Even ssuming one is the sort of person who arbitrarily judges and demeans women as "sluts," I'm not sure why such a judgment should be based on one's appearance rather than behavior -- and even looking at behavior, I'm not sure what disqualifies Aeris (the woman presented in heavy clothing and with an "angelic" storyline but whose personality is sexually adventurous, flirtatious, and not entirely exclusive) but not Tifa (the woman with a well-endowed figure and relatively skimpy outfits but who consistently behaves like a reserved, monogamous character who's still pining for her high-school crush and who spends her time taking care of orphans.)

Again, assuming one is that sort of person and not a gentleman.

Ferrio

Banned
charlequin said:
Even ssuming one is the sort of person who arbitrarily judges and demeans women as "sluts," I'm not sure why such a judgment should be based on one's appearance rather than behavior -- and even looking at behavior, I'm not sure what disqualifies Aeris (the woman presented in heavy clothing and with an "angelic" storyline but whose personality is sexually adventurous, flirtatious, and not entirely exclusive) but not Tifa (the woman with a well-endowed figure and relatively skimpy outfits but who consistently behaves like a reserved, monogamous character who's still pining for her high-school crush and who spends her time taking care of orphans.)

I'm not judging either character's personality, just going by what people have made of them. No they're characters aren't portrayed that way etc etc, but the fanbase *loves* to. I'm just using the word that Regulus used in his original post.

I guess we could change it

"Female most likely to be used for fan service"

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
charlequin said:

Fiendish woman, just like nuns. They dress conservatively and take care of the children. When they are secretly raising the children as sexual deviants and getting off by doing so!

big_z

has there ever been a game where boob jiggle has been done realistically?

hopefully namco will had scrotom bounce to voldo in SCV to balance out all the P-cup boobies the girls will have.

SOLDIER

Really? You're honestly surprised that you'd see a thread like this in a place like this?

Also, Kingdom Hearts had more jiggling than what that shown in that video.

No, seriously.

Burai

shitonmychest57
zoukka said:
I can't believe we have a thread for this.

Thing is, you could change the title to "Why the Japanese games industry is in a death spiral" and it'd not be ridiculous.

zoukka

SOLDIER said:
Really? You're honestly surprised that you'd see a thread like this in a place like this?

Yes. Yes I am.

Thing is, you could change the title to "Why the Japanese games industry is in a death spiral" and it'd not be ridiculous.

Let's get it done then!

GoldandBlue said:
But they bounce man so it's like Final Fantasy Beach Volley Ball Rumble Rose Edition now.

If that were the case I could also see the veins in them. God bless you Akari Uchida! Please stop making pedo games for Nintendo DS and make me a PS3 Rumble Roses sequel you magnificent bastard!

faridmon

oh Fuck off SE, you had to officially announce something like that. NIS or Alchemist, I can understand because that is all they have to rely on, frothing, mouth breathing Otakus. However, SE doing this stuff is just sad and just strengthen the notion of them falling off the chart for many people like me.

Seriously, Fuck off SE
The sad thing is that I am still excited and will still buy the damn games, Fucking hell

duckroll

For every "fan" who actually gets turned off by something like this, I'm sure they'll gain 10 more willing buyers. I say, you go girl! :D

Pooya

possible box art.
024704.jpg

That's a rather boring boxart. Didn't the Japanese version of the first game have a nice cover designed by Amano? Or, was that for a limited edition?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Embarrassing but not surprising. Every day the Japanese market is becoming more about masturbation than new gameplay ideas.

DR2K

Banned
duckroll said:
That box art looks really, really bad. So I don't think so.

WW release = everyone gets bad box art. Not that I give a shit, since I'm buying it off psn.

Pooya

:mad: it doesn't look bad really, If I had hires image of that CG art, I would print a poster, looks bad ass.

The Take Out Bandit said:
If that were the case I could also see the veins in them. God bless you Akari Uchida! Please stop making pedo games for Nintendo DS and make me a PS3 Rumble Roses sequel you magnificent bastard!

I am ReXXX Soprano and I approve this message. I really would've thought we would've got a sequel or something by now. XX was just a better wrestling game than anything this gen IMO. Maybe it was because it didn't get a chance become fucking gimmicky or it just plain didn't suck. I await Rumble Roses XXX or what ever they call it.

duckroll

DR2K said:
WW release = everyone gets bad box art. Not that I give a shit, since I'm buying it off psn.

I might too, depending on how much cheaper it is on the local PSN. Sometimes the prices are so hard to beat, it makes no sense to buy a retail version anymore.

Didn't CoD and Terra's naked Esper mode give them a higher content rating in Japan with the first game? They probably fuck it, might as well earn it fully.

Canova

Banned
Ushojax said:
Embarrassing but not surprising. Every day the Japanese market is becoming more about masturbation than new gameplay ideas.

shut the hell up, don't start on this stupid subject again.

Until someone can show me a western-made WRPG that is better than Demon's Souls,
or a western-made action game that is better than NG, DMC or Bayonetta,
or a western-made fighting game that is better than tons of Japanese fighting games out there, then this subject has no merit. Accept that each of them has strength and weakness based on specific genre

If western games obsess with blood and gore and violent, on how many ways you can blow/rip people heads off, then Japanese games obsess with boob jiggles, what's wrong with that

LiK

canova said:

Until someone can show me a western-made WRPG that is better than Demon's Souls,
or a western-made fighting game that is better than tons of Japanese fighting games out there, then this subject has no merit. Accept that each of them has strength and weakness based on specific genre

If western games obsess with blood and gore and violent, on how many ways you can blow/rip people heads off, then Japanese games obsess with boob jiggles, what's wrong with that
Some people are still more offended by boobs than blood and gore. *giggles*

Gattsu25

Banned
canova said:

Neverwinter Nights 2 + Mask of the Betrayer OR Temple of Elemental Evil
Crysis OR Half-Life 2 + Episodes
Fight Night Round 3 OR Fight Night Round 4

Only Half-Life 2 features what I would call excessive gore and it still doesn't compare with the depraved violence present in a Ninja Gaiden 2

Canova

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
Neverwinter Nights 2 + Mask of the Betrayer OR Temple of Elemental Evil
Crysis OR Half-Life 2 + Episodes
Fight Night Round 3 OR Fight Night Round 4

Only Half-Life 2 features what I would call excessive gore and it still doesn't compare with the depraved violence present in a Ninja Gaiden 2

1. Hell fucking NO. don't even compare those broken combat/turn-based RPG to the awesomeness of real time battle in Demon's Souls
2. I meant melee-based action games, not shooter or TPS
3. NO, NO, just NO

so stop it already

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Not to go off topic but while I was checking Dissidia 012 Jump 2011 Trailer, I saw this (specifically at 2:12, Vaan vs. someone battle):

317dx81.jpg

Is this Balthier?

It's time for the RPG Discussion Law of GAF to get a corollary/modification as follows (new text bolded): As a GAF RPG discussion grows longer, the probability of collapse into waveform (ranking Final Fantasy games) or particle form (the WRPG vs. JRPG argument) approaches 1.

Top Bottom