• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP) announced

Zomba13

Kaaaaain! :D

Hope we get a better FFXI hero and Shadow Lord as the villain.
And Ashe for FFXII and Vayne as the villain.
Edgar or Celes or Setzer for FFVI hero!
(that is if they add/change the characters for each game)

rataven

How fast might it take to localize this? I only ask because Kuja's English VA responded to a couple comments on his youtube channel a while back, where he implied that he'd already finished recording his lines for the sequel. I figured he was confused or something, but with this news, maybe not.

I want Dissidia Dragon Quest!

Yeah! We could use the guy with the Sword and Zap and Woosh or... the, um, other guy with the Sword and Zap and Woosh...

Zomba13 said:
Kaaaaain! :D

Hope we get a better FFXI hero and Shadow Lord as the villain.
And Ashe for FFXII and Vayne as the villain.
Edgar or Celes or Setzer for FFVI hero!
(that is if they add/change the characters for each game)

Shantotto is the best FFXI character and you know it.

Macstorm

DMPrince said:
come on announce a NA version.
Square Enix has been really good about announcing games that they plan to bring over lately. Lord of Arcana and Tactics Ogre both got NA confirmations just shortly after their Japanese reveals. Can't say the same for other, older titles, but I guess we shall see soon.

jiggle

want list:
Redmage
Celes
Aeris
Leguna
Vivi
Yuna
Prishe
Fran

i really hope summons are not 2D art again :<
that was so disappointing

consoul

Duodecim? What?

So they call the Dissidia sequel XII and include character from FF XIII. I don't get it.

jiggle said:
i really hope summons are not 2D art again :<
that was so disappointing
I didn't mind. It would have been nicer though if the artwork was all brand new and done by various artist working for SE.

Although it would also be cool if one or two summons were playable. Like both Ifrit and Shiva.

Beth Cyra

consoul said:
Duodecim? What?

So they call the Dissidia sequel XII and include character from FF XIII. I don't get it.

Not even trying to figure out the name, they are usually to dumb even when they explain them.

All I wanted though was Lightning and Vaan, so I already got one of the two characters I want.

B.K.

consoul said:

It's Dissidia 012. Maybe they're expecting it to be delayed until 2012, so they dropped the first 2.

Nice to hear that it's not just a quick tuned up Final Mix ++ Sequel, right?

Still I would imagine a title like this would be great for the 3DS. I was just thinking about it the other day, really. Hmm oh well, more reason I really need a PSP.

Vigilance

I liked the first one and hope that this one will be better. Maybe the next Dissidia will be on PS3 and have online play.

faridmon

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllll Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

I loved Dissidia, spent more than 100 hours on it. Please SE, Localise this. Please.

I wonder if they add more attacks for the previous charcters. I wonder how will they change Zidane...

Hoping there are a few more characters this time around - maybe some folks who are rewritten a tiny tad to be morally in the middle between good and the evil (Kain, Gilgamesh, Celes, Vincent, Edea, Vivi, Auron, Gabranth, and Fang ought to fill out the grey areas and/or fanservice quite well).

Also I hope it's as addictive as the first but much less repetitive - I had a blast with Dissidia, except somewhere around the thirty hour mark I realized that I never wanted to touch it again because somewhere along the way I had become amazingly bored and was just playing it compulsively and it suddenly turned into a grind.

badcrumble said:
Hoping there are a few more characters this time around - maybe some folks who are rewritten a tiny tad to be morally in the middle between good and the evil (Kain, Gilgamesh, Celes, Vincent, Edea, Vivi, Auron, Gabranth, and Fang ought to fill out the grey areas and/or fanservice quite well).

Also I hope it's as addictive as the first but much less repetitive - I had a blast with Dissidia, except somewhere around the thirty hour mark I realized that I never wanted to touch it again because somewhere along the way I had become amazingly bored and was just playing it compulsively.

Kain, Lighting, and Seifer were characters Nomura wanted added, so I imagine we'll see Seifer, not Edea.

Beth Cyra

badcrumble said:

Also I hope it's as addictive as the first but much less repetitive - I had a blast with Dissidia, except somewhere around the thirty hour mark I realized that I never wanted to touch it again because somewhere along the way I had become amazingly bored and was just playing it compulsively.

While I didn't have the same issue, I do hope they add monsters to fight instead of just the Manikins or whatever they where. Fighting the same guys just as crystals killed it some what for me.

Deadly

Green Biker Dude said:
i didn't like the first one. they should make the game more arcadey ala gundam vs gundam and focus on good battle mechanics and soundtrack instead. that story mode in the first was retarded and so was leveling up. i can understand having one or two unlocks per character but don't make me grind
Grind? You could get level any character to level 90+ in one easy battle :lol

Zomba13

Expanded want/expect list

Redmage don't know another villain
I dunno not played 2 =/
I don't know, a different onion knight? Not played much
Kain is in not played much so don't know of another villain
Faris and Gilgamesh (though bartz and gilgamesh would be a better combo)
Celes and Ultros (would be funny)
Zack and Jenova(somehow)
Rinoa (want Zell but I expect Rinoa) and Seifer (again squall/seifer would work better. Maybe the keep the dissidia lineup too?)
Steiner and Beatrix (could work)
Yuna and Seymor
Zeid and Shadow Lord
Ashe and Vayne
Lightening and Bartandalus (spelling)

Good news for the day!

Very cool! Hope it comes here...I'm sure it will. Lightning is perfect for this game! :D

And seriously, what the heck is a Duodecim? I don't even know how to pronounce it! :lol

But who cares. I love the Y's series and you know the funky names that series gets!

xero273

7Th said:
Lightning and Aerithsis are both voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.

she can't voice two characters?

I hope they bring back old characters from first dissidia and add in more characters for this one.

God fucking dammit, Nomura spelled Dudebro wrong again. How many time do we have to tell him? It's Dudebro, not Doudecim.

Beth Cyra

xero273 said:
she can't voice two characters?

I hope they bring back old characters from first dissidia and add in more characters for this one.

The old characters will return, or at least some. At this point all the of the models and move sets are made. Not to mention I can't see them dropping Cloud and Sephiroth as they are the two most popular characters they got

Beth Cyra

DMPrince said:
needs more area to fight in and actual people to fight. and give a revamp to the board. it was so bland.

What? The Open stages where huge already. Cosmos's stage, Inside Sin, and FF V stage where gigantic.

Not to mention there was huge vertical stages like Ulty Castle and Lifestream.

rataven

It'll be interesting to see what the concept is for the conflict. I don't think the hero/villain thing will fully carry the sequel. With Kain in this, maybe they are going somewhere with the thorn-in-the-side characters, like Seifer, the Turks, Beatrix.

SOLDIER

I noticed no one mentioned Tifa in their requests.

It's because you're all certain she'll be in it, and therefore we won't have to hope for it right?

Right.

sciplore

Sweet, I hope they go with two protagonists and toss in two villains this time so that the gender equation can be at least a tad more even. Plus if Lighting is in I want Sazh in too :D, course knowing SE they will just go with Snow or Hope :/.

Would be nice if they throw in some other series characters like Sora, Neku or give the non humans more rep like FFVI Mog, Red XIII or even the Moomba thingies.

Beth Cyra

sciplore said:
Sweet, I hope they go with two protagonists and toss in two villains this time so that the gender equation can be at least a tad more even. Plus if Lighting is in I want Sazh in too :D, course knowing SE they will just go with Snow or Hope :/.

Would be nice if they throw in some other series characters like Sora, Neku or give the non humans more rep like FFVI Mog, Red XIII or even the Moomba thingies.

Hope better not get in. If there is a second character for the hero side I would put money down on it being Snow or Fang.

Top Bottom