• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP) announced

Well that was fast. Nomura just posted a tweet about how it would be announced before TGS and that it would be playable there.

Wonder if they'll add characters from FF spinoffs.

Also, PSP game in 2011? Yeeeeesh, gotta wonder if it'll even be worth localizing.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I hope it's better than the first one.

I keep buying and yet keep finding myself disappointed with Square's PSP efforts.
They all... I don't know, feel the same. Similar graphics, similar mission-based, fan-servicey, pretty but not felt to be a huge experiences. Third Birthday also looks to fit into this.

Exception is FFT: WoTLs of course. Tis worth a PSP alone.

Beth Cyra

Awesome, I loved Dissidia 1, and while it had some issues it was still a great game. I hope they can continue to improve, plus I am happy that Lightning is in, don't care so much for Kain though.

TreIII

Well, no real surprise, there was basically a bunch of stuff setting up for a new Dissidia for a while now.

I'm a bit disappointed that they stuck with the PSP though. Ah well....

Trevelyan

Banned
This news just made my day. I invested well over a hundred hours into the first game, and will easily do double that in the new game. :D

The first one was amazing, so this is a day 1 for me. Square and Atlus are the only reason I need to periodically borrow a friend's PSP.

Really liked the first one for the forty hours I put into it, I should probably beat the story mode or whatever. Interested in this, but more interested in whatever they add/change to the gameplay than new characters.

Just saw a scan... there appears to be a Gestalt mode gauge on a screenshot with Lightning. Probably her EX Burst...

EDIT: Just looked at it again, and she's definitely holding Odin's twin swords, though Odin is obviously nowhere to be found.

jiggle

kain art looks cool
kinda funny that Nomura did fully rendered art of Lightning for this but not in the game she debuted in XD

i didn't like the first one. they should make the game more arcadey ala gundam vs gundam and focus on good battle mechanics and soundtrack instead. that story mode in the first was retarded and so was leveling up. i can understand having one or two unlocks per character but don't make me grind

Nice. Loved the first and will gladly be there for this one. Although the name doesn't exactly roll off my tongue. Kinda makes me want to say "dewey decimal".

Top Bottom