• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia FF site update + new video

jiggle

:lol

They did a good job translating Tina from Amano's version for sure. The old CG model still gives me nightmare.

duckroll

Based on some reports from TGS, apparently the trailer has Tina going into trance (esper) mode too. Butz apparently uses the weapons of all the heroes to attack in his EX Burst, and Tina is seen summoning Typhon. It's mentioned that you can summon Ifrit in the demo too, and it multiplies your Brave by x1.5.

duckroll

From what I read, it sounds like summons are just power-ups that you use. They're only represented by a 2D image when used, and they don't actually appear in the battle. Ifrit is basically a 1.5x Brave buff.

I was hoping for somebody to take crappy photos but this works better. :lol

God Terra looks great and summons! I was hoping for summons in this.:D

zoukka

Haha you know it's Nomura when the 3D-renders look better than the artwork. (cinematic-models)

And what the hell is Jecht doing/thinking :lol

I'm happy to see Cloud taking a back seat for once in a crossover game. I was worried this game would become "Cloud vs Sephiroth - & company"

:'(
It's my own fault for actually believing squares "we want to represent what fans remember" words, but still I'm a sad puppy today. Its especially painful seeing as they got her bangs so right too.

If you all need me i'll be drowning my sorrows in photoshop.

duckroll

It won't support Infrastructure. It supports Ad-hoc versus, as well as AI (ghost) data uploading, like Tekken DR. I expect the game to be supported by Sony's PS3 Ad-hoc Party for PSP service though. We'll know sooner to the release of the game.

duckroll said:
I'm still waiting for the green hair Terra defense force to show up crying. :D
I already commented above on how I like how she looks. :lol Really the hair didn't matter to me as much as just her being in it plus she looks stunning so I don't care.

KingDirk

So what's with pretty much every dude (with the bizarre exceptions of Sephiroth and Kuja) having earrings? Heck, even Garland has one, and he's wearing a helmet! :lol

duckroll said:
Based on some reports from TGS, apparently the trailer has Tina going into trance (esper) mode too. Butz apparently uses the weapons of all the heroes to attack in his EX Burst, and Tina is seen summoning Typhon. It's mentioned that you can summon Ifrit in the demo too, and it multiplies your Brave by x1.5.

BRAVE? Thats Final Fantasy Tactics talk! Ramza confirmed

Yeah yeah I know I know... 1 to 10 only
RAMZA CONFIRMED BOOYEAH

Am I the only one who gets a sort've Amaterasu vibe from this depiction of Cosmos?

15q3zm1.jpg

I guess Amano always has kind've blended that Japanese style with European fantasy.

Regulus Tera said:

I dont like that coloring job. Thats more of a green tint than changing the actual color.

Here, as I was crying in my state of denial I made this in photoshop. I tried to get her hair to match the color of her in-game sprite as close as I could.

TerraGreen.jpg

Still, the render of her is beautiful green hair or not. It just dosen't look like Terra much to me anymore. If there isnt a color variation & that variation can be played in the story mode then Sale -1. Sorry, shallow as that may be I cant get into a game playing with my fan strings if I can't relate to my fav character.

GhaleonQ

*stands and cheers* Obviously, the designs aren't exactly as I'd have liked, but I cannot complain. Fantastic.

jiggle

SuperAngelo64 said:
I'm happy to see Cloud taking a back seat for once in a crossover game. I was worried this game would become "Cloud vs Sephiroth - & company"

Doubt it, considering they are saving him for the grand final reveal. They WERE anyway until this leak :lol

After these updates I'm more excited about playing this game. I admit I don't squat about most of these characters but like any good fighting game we see a large and rich roster of heroes and foes. Counting down the days until December

Top Bottom