• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia FF site update + new video

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That's why the development staff had to play through the entire series and not only did they have to go over the scripts and the story, they also had to study the fan communities of each of those games. The problem was that almost all of the development staff were players of the "FF" series. Since "FF" is such a big title, the development staff's opinions as players were very diverse and so many decisions became heated debates. (Laughs)
Man, imagine that. :lol

Players can exchange customized AI characters and have each other fight those.
:0

We've also made it so that you can always save your favorite bits of the game, designed to be played in segments of 5 to 10 minutes, so that you can use the time spent commuting or of a break to maybe even play against new people.
Good to know.

Netto-kun

GoldandBlue said:
I'm hoping for some info tonight when some mag scans come out. Also doesn't TGS start Thursday?
Thursday and Friday are buisness days, Saturday and Sunday open to the public.:D

duckroll

Butz and Exdeath from FFV have been revealed in next week's Jump. Only Tina and Cloud's designs are left to be revealed now. Butz looks really weird though, and for the Tina (Terra?) green hair fan brigade, there's a little more ammo for you now. Butz has.... BROWN hair like his sprite. :eek:

jiggle

hey it's kid icarus

acutally looking up amano's art
it looks pretty close to his original depiction
down to even the pose
minus the zebra print

FFV-amano_butz.jpg

duckroll

Prime crotch said:
I hope Square goes with Butz and not Bartz, because that's his name Butz.

I agree, FFV is all about Butz's butt sitting on Boco the Chocobo. It's really perfect. He aint no fucking Simpsons character! :D

Prime crotch said:
I hope Square goes with Butz and not Bartz, because that's his name Butz.

Could be either, really.

Just how "Mash" (マッシュ) could also be (and probably was meant to be) 'Matthew'

Crazy idea but I would love to see Sydney and Ashley as secret uber characters on this, it's fair that the best Square game ever should represent.

Aeana

SuperAngelo64 said:
Could be either, really.

Just how "Mash" (マッシュ) could also be (and probably was meant to be) 'Matthew'

But 'Matthew' is almost always written as マシュー.

duckroll

Prime crotch said:
Crazy idea but I would love to see Sydney and Ashley as secret uber characters on this, it's fair that the best Square game ever should represent.

Maybe if the game was called Squaresoft All Stars - Dissidia....

duckroll

Prime crotch said:
But Ivalice is part of FFXII's lore. It wouldn't be much of a stretch.

But Matsuno is probably the only person that ever considered Vagrant Story to be officially set in Ivalice. S-E has never acknowledged that. Judging from how they handled FFT PSP and FFXIIRW, they don't really care about Matsuno's intentions anyway. They're only interested in branding Ivalice as a spinoff they can sell, and that includes tagging Final Fantasy on stuff and just using the races and characters he created without really bothering with being faithful to the lore and history at all.

Wow, my predictions for how Bartz/Butz was going to look was pretty close. I knew they'd give him brown hair and try to add some blues to his outfit to match the sprite while keeping close to Amano's design.
duckroll said:
But Matsuno is probably the only person that ever considered Vagrant Story to be officially set in Ivalice. S-E has never acknowledged that. Judging from how they handled FFT PSP and FFXIIRW, they don't really care about Matsuno's intentions anyway. They're only interested in branding Ivalice as a spinoff they can sell, and that includes tagging Final Fantasy on stuff and just using the races and characters he created without really bothering with being faithful to the lore and history at all.
Actually there was an interview on 1up.com with the directors of the Ivalice Alliance games awhile back. When asked about Vagrant Story they said it would be the next logical choice in porting/remaking. So they do in some form consider it part of Ivalice. Al though I do doubt they'd put Ashley Riot in Dissidia. If any Ivalice character should appear in this in some form it should be Ramza.
duckroll said:
Butz looks really weird though, and for the Tina (Terra?) green hair fan brigade, there's a little more ammo for you now. Butz has.... BROWN hair like his sprite. :eek:
That interview posted helps a little too:
on the sprite-based NES installments, we tried to preserve the features that people remember of them when we render them in modern 3D.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Shaheed79 said:
No buy until they confirm either Shadow, Sabin or Locke.

You know what's crazy, I refuse to buy this game if it doesn't include Celes and/or Terra

Kind of funny how that works......

Is ExDeath really the correct name? Wouldn't Exodous make more sense? I like ExDeath though, we already have Butz so an equally stupid villain name fits.

duckroll said:
bah they're all talentless hacks who can't even leech from the best idea since the four crystals

Perdew

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate thread, but I'll give it a shot:

In Crisis Core, we had really nice character models that looked great in medium shots and close ups, but in full shots they really looked awful. I'm guessing it's due to the PSP's resolution. During the pre-rendered cut scenes it got kind of ugly too.

Is Dissidia looking to suffer from the same issue? Does outputting the image to a TV help at all?

Also, I'm looking forward to Terra/Tina though I'd rather have Locke
instead of Cloud

I wonder why the "only one main hero and one main villain from every installment" concept is so hard for people to grasp?

Prime crotch said:
Is ExDeath really the correct name? Wouldn't Exodous make more sense?

I wish, "ExDeath" is a cheesier name than most villains from 1960's comic books.

Bartz looks awesome, I like how they kept his sprites curvy wind blown hair look. ExDeath looks awesome too, almost exactly like his sprite. I totally forgot about his armored knight form and kept wondering how they were going to represent that giant tree.

I hope Cloud is in his Soldier uniform and isnt emo AdventChildren/KingdomHearts Cloud.

Also
On the other hand, with the characters from "VI" and before on the sprite-based NES installments, we tried to preserve the features that people remember of them when we render them in modern 3D. I've tried to create a design and a story that preserves the memories of all the people who have played "Final Fantasy".
So help me if they give Terra blonde hair after saying that...

Hero

So Tina/Terra confirmed to be the character to represent FFVI?

And I know it's not Final Fantasy, but I think it would awesome if Lenneth Valkyrie or Ramza Beoulve were guest characters.

anaron

Awesome!@ Butz and Exdeath being revealed. Their designs look great. brown hair!!:p

Also, confirms green haired Terra!(hopefully!):D

Hero said:
So Tina/Terra confirmed to be the character to represent FFVI?

And I know it's not Final Fantasy, but I think it would awesome if Lenneth Valkyrie or Ramza Beoulve were guest characters.

Ramza I could see happening, he is a Final Fantasy character, but at the moment we don't know the criteria for the special characters. It could just be:

A) Other main series characters that aren't in the main roster (maybe including FFXI and XII characters).

or B) Characters from FF branded spinoffs (like FFT, FFCC, or if Zack is in there it'd probably be representing Crisis Core rather than vanilla FFVII).

or C) Other SquareEnix internal franchise characters, probably the more Nomura related ones like KH or PE.

Personally I'd expect mostly A with a little bit of B. I'd be very suprised if there was any C. And Lenneth being a Tri-Ace character would be even less likely.

You know what'd be awesome? If on the FFVI stage there was a magiteck armour you could jump into.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm sad Faris was not chosen -she was the only character in Final Fantasy V that had any, well, character. Poor Team Light is a huge sausage-fest at this point, even though they totally beat Team Evil in femininity. :(

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Hcoregamer00 said:
You know what's crazy, I refuse to buy this game if it doesn't include Celes and/or Terra

Kind of funny how that works......
I can't help it. FF6 is the only FF I really give a damn about still. You can't tease us with Kefka and then not give us ANY heroes from FF6. It's Madness!

DarkKyo

Shaheed79 said:
I can't help it. FF6 is the only FF I really give a damn about still. You can't tease us with Kefka and then not give us ANY heroes from FF6. It's Madness!
They said a hero and villain from each game. Duh.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Perdew said:
I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate thread, but I'll give it a shot:

In Crisis Core, we had really nice character models that looked great in medium shots and close ups, but in full shots they really looked awful. I'm guessing it's due to the PSP's resolution. During the pre-rendered cut scenes it got kind of ugly too.

Is Dissidia looking to suffer from the same issue? Does outputting the image to a TV help at all?

That's because Crisis Core used up to 2-3 different models per character with differing levels of detail. Even the console FFs use the same trick.

Top Bottom