• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (Arcades, Team Ninja) Closed Conference [All info in OP]

Mod Hijack:

Press Release: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/company/ja/news/2015/html/71ccb41ec7f230030d31cc6b8f689aa3.html
Official Site: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DFF/PR/index.html

Conference Part 1 details:
- Collaboration between Square Enix and Koei Tecmo Games
- Developed by Team Ninja
- Runs at 60fps
- The arcade cabinet uses PS4 hardware and tech, collaboration with SCEJA
- The controller buttons are PS buttons as well
- Brand new 3v3 party action fighter based on the foundations of the previous PSP series
- Summon system is team based, one summon a team of 3 players
- 50+ characters planned
- Will have constant updates for new characters, stages, music, summons, customization parts, gameplay systems, and balance tweaks
- Fall 2015 release in Japan, location testing starts on 4/13 next Monday
- There will be at least a one year exclusivity period in arcades before they consider porting it to home consoles
- Takeo Kujiraoka is the director, Takeharu Ishimoto is the composer

Conference Part 2 details:
- Nomura shows up and announces that Ramza from FFT will be joining Dissidia
- They show the Nomura design for Ramza
- Other guests include Takahiro Sakurai (Cloud), Ai Kayano (Y'shtola), Soichiro Hoshi (Bartz), and Shinnosuke Tachibana (Ramza)
- Ramza will probably not be in the base game when it launches in arcades, but will be added in an update later
- Live demo of the game with the guests playing in different teams

---------

Old OP:

In a few hours, new info on the next Dissidia will be revealed.

Dissidia-FF-CC15-Ann.jpg

details from: http://gematsu.com/2015/03/dissidia-final-fantasy-closed-conference-2015-set-for-april-10

Square Enix will hold its Dissidia Final Fantasy Closed Conference 2015, first teased during the arcade game’s initial announcement, on April 10 at The Garden Hall in Ebisu’s The Garden Place.

During the first part of the event, Square Enix will unveil the arcade cabinet and screen the game’s latest trailer. During the second part, the company will share more details via a fan talk session and give consumers their first demonstration.

And according to: https://twitter.com/ffworldcom/status/585697375726993408

Next weeks Famitsu has an interview with Lord Nomura (presumably during his break from KH3) regarding the game.

Here, watch the first trailer again and get hyped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPrXNBevqFk

I do hope this gets a console release some day, but I am going to Japan sometime soon so I might plan it to coincide with this being out haha.

I hope Nomura is doing alright, I'd love to read that interview.

TDLink

Is a 3DS version even possible with this title?

We haven't really seen enough to make that determination for certain one way or the other. It'd probably require downgrading a lot though (which still isn't out of the question, but makes it less likely than a console port).

We haven't really seen enough to make that determination for certain one way or the other. It'd probably require downgrading a lot though (which still isn't out of the question, but makes it less likely than a console port).

lol!

Might as well be a different game with the amount of downgrading it would take.

No way to know the news live? Like, someone tweeting or something?

Either way, nice to see that Nomura still exists (and that he's working on Dissidia, hopefully as more than just character designer).

TDLink

lol!

Might as well be a different game with the amount of downgrading it would take.

The 3DS has already gotten some console game ports with downgrades. It's not out of the question.

I still find it extremely unlikely mind you, but I wouldn't say it's an impossibility.

Right now all we're going off of is a fairly unexplained teaser trailer anyways.

Illucio

Banned
Waaaaaaahh! New Dissidia!?
PLEASE BE PS4 OR VITA AND IN AMERICA! I need my Dissidia fix. It's a great fighting game series. <3

(So uh Noctis is a shoe in I suppose...)

No way it has to be the lady whose tie stops at her cleavage

I was so disappointed that she was so hyped pre-release, and shes in the game all of 5 minutes, maybe.

My votes goes to:

Chocolina from FF 13-2: for the lulz.

Quistis or Selpie from FF8: One has a whipe, which could a neat midrange, fast weapon combined with her blue magic. The other could be a short range, fast attacked with a super that does random damage or something.

Baltheier, FF12: because hes boss, dangit.

When I saw the title I figured there was a 50/50 chance that "Dissidia Final Fantasy Closed Conference" was actually the stupid name for another dumb square game.

Stop murdering the English language please, Square.

I dunno why anyone would want a fighting game on 3DS with those controls. DOA: Dimensions and Smash Bros were a pain.

PS4 or bust for me.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Better than PSP controls. Dissidia was created to be a handheld series.

That's assuming this Dissidia is going to play like the PSP ones.

Anyway, I don't see them announcing a console port till the game is actually out for a while in the arcade.

Illucio

Banned

That's what I thought of as well, the Vita controls would be ideal for this game. I can see them utilizing the touch screen, granted this would transition well to the PS4 also with the touch pad.

Square seems to be the only one supporting the Vita even somewhat nowadays like they did with the PSP. So maybe they might release on both consoles and they have duel support, you just have to double dip with the game.

... I'd totally double dip.

No way, bigger environments and improved performance is all Dissidia needs (not to mention this one is a 4 player game, so it requires even more from the console).

It's definitely a fantastic series on the PSP, but the potential of a full Dissidia game on consoles is just way too high.

Ray Down

Banned
That's assuming this Dissidia is going to play like the PSP ones.

Anyway, I don't see them announcing a console port till the game is actually out for a while in the arcade.
This, hell Nintendo even hasn't said that Pokken is coming to WiiU already even though we all know it will.

Valnen

Dissidia would work just as well on a console. Actually if anything it would just be better. Having a right stick to control the camera would be a godsend. Not to mention proper online play with good netcode.

MAtgS

No way, bigger environments and improved performance is all Dissidia needs (not to mention this one is a 4 player game, so it requires even more from the console).

Not all, there's also the manner of how local multiplayer works. Dissidia on handheld gives each player his own screen instead of split-screen. & given Japan being more handheld focused, Square could still prefer that.

PBalfredo

Nevermind the controls, the real news would be if the camera isn't dogshit.

Dissidia, I love you, but holy shit. Playing indoor stages with that camera was a nightmare.

Top Bottom