• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (Arcades, Team Ninja) Closed Conference [All info in OP]

Fj0823

No way it has to be the lady whose tie stops at her cleavage

Final-Fantasy-XIII-Jihl-Nabaat-jihl-nabaat-35883277-1280-720.jpg

she was hot as hell, this gets my vote.
But only if we have boob physics....

Only half joking

Not all, there's also the manner of how local multiplayer works. Dissidia on handheld gives each player his own screen instead of split-screen. & given Japan being more handheld focused, Square could still prefer that.
There's a bunch of ways to do local multiplayer like that on the PS4...

Also, just look at the game, no way they can make that run on a Vita without some serious downgrade (I know SE has some tech wizards, but c'mon). And lastly you always have the possibility of a Vita/PS4 game.

And I'm pretty sure a console version would be targeting the west, considering Japan will already have the Arcade.

Nevermind the controls, the real news would be if the camera isn't dogshit.

Dissidia, I love you, but holy shit. Playing indoor stages with that camera was a nightmare.
Or just make the indoors bigger =P

Why interview Nomura? He's actually involved to some significant degree?
Apparently.

I'm pretty sure he was one of the main guys in the first two games.

Enthus

Caius for XIII villain rep
Watch them add Dysley just to fuck with us

I'd prefer Dysley only because he is from XIII proper and not a spin-off. Now seems like a good time to plug my wishlist from my thread from a few weeks before this game was announced.

FF: Black Mage
FFII: Maria, or Leon
FFIII: No idea, Desch?
FFIV: Rydia
FFV: Dunno. I haven't played it in ages.
FFVI: Celes
FFVII: Aeris
FFVIII: Rinoa
FFIX: Steiner
FFX: Auron
FFXI: Dunno, haven't played it enough.
FFXII: Balthier
FFXIII: Fang
FFXIV: Louisoix and Y'shtola
FFXV: Noctis and Gladiolus

Akainu

i'll say it again compared to d12 this looks really meh. battle royales was the last thing dissidia needed.

Ezalc

IX better get like three new people after being jobbed on 012. Hoping for Beatrix, Steiner/Vivi, and Amarant.

Golnei

Dissidia is one instance where the (attempts at) Latin felt really out of place. Especially since they decided to centre the games on a dichotomy between Cosmos and Chaos, using Ancient Greek instead would have been a better fit for the setting; as well as serving to distinguish the series a little more from the abundance of Latin in other FF efforts. The insistence on gratuitous use of dead languages would be so much more palatable with a little variety...

I'd prefer Dysley only because he is from XIII proper and not a spin-off. Now seems like a good time to plug my wishlist from my thread from a few weeks before this game was announced.

I'd also prefer as few acknowledgments of the XIII sequels as possible; though Barthandelus might be difficult to transition into a playable form. It'd be interesting to see if Hope / Snow could be justified as Chaos characters on the basis of their LR roles in addition to their status as original party members.

IX better get like three new people after being jobbed on 012. Hoping for Beatrix, Steiner/Vivi, and Amarant.

Alternatively, Kuja will be cut and Zidane will serve as the sole representative.
It's so dumb it's actually really endearing at this point. Like how people love the awkward English phrases in old fighting games

I never realised how much Dissidia needed the original Power Stone announcer until now.

jiggle

It's nice they are letting Nomura chan talk about games again

He will finally release a game with Noctis in it.

MAtgS

There's a bunch of ways to do local multiplayer like that on the PS4...

If only Wii U were more viable, then they could have 1 player use the tv screen & the 2nd the gamepad. Although I guess they could do the same with Vita remote play on PS4.........XB1 & smartglass too?

If only Wii U were more viable, then they could have 1 player use the tv screen & the 2nd the gamepad. Although I guess they could do the same with Vita remote play on PS4.........XB1 & smartglass too?
Yeah. And there's 4 players now, so not even the Wii U could handle it without split-screen =P

Well the demo for XV is out, does that count? :)
Considering that if Noctis appears he will have more moves in Dissidia than in the demo, I'll say no. =X

Apparently.

I'm pretty sure he was one of the main guys in the first two games.

If I remember right he's a producer on these titles.

From what I can find, while Nomura didn't produce either, the concept for Dissidia was his idea but it started within Kingdom Hearts.

Wouldn't mind having that, tbh. Given the naming convention of the series, it'd be easy to make "Dissidia <insert Square Enix property here>"

As long as they bring the old cast and add some new ones, Im good.

We need more job class representations! BRING ON THE SPOONY BARD! His Limit break will be Hide!

Aerith and Ramza......please?

From what I can find, while Nomura didn't produce either, the concept for Dissidia was his idea but it started within Kingdom Hearts.

Wouldn't mind having that, tbh. Given the naming convention of the series, it'd be easy to make "Dissidia <insert Square Enix property here>"
I'm pretty sure Nomura was Creative producer for Dissidia (both of them), as well as character designer.

A xv related game without prompto is like a dream come true
Even better if they revive stella
in b4 Prompto makes it in with Noctis because they won't put a villain form XV.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

Dissidia Square: Trigger Mana Saga Quest anyone?

Dissidia Square: Trigger Mana Saga Quest anyone?
Without Front Mission, Parasite Eve, Kingdom Hearts, Gears or
Bahamut Lagoon and Bushido Blade
? Never!

*looks at Nomura's page* dam, you're right lol

well, we should get Luna, amirite?
lol, I want Nomura to include her and call her Stella just in spite for Tabata (and to cause even more confusion when XV actually comes out and there's only Luna ) =P

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Without Front Mission, Parasite Eve, Kingdom Hearts, Gears or
Bahamut Lagoon and Bushido Blade
? Never!

lol, I want Nomura to include her and call her Stella just in spite for Tabata (and to cause even more confusion when XV actually comes out and there's only Luna ) =P

Bushido Gears of Hearts: Dissidia Square²: 3rd Lagoon Mission

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I fear this will not be the occasion in which they'll announce a PS4 version...
I'm really interested in playing a new Dissidia, called it for years. But man only Arcade and Only Japan is an huge "NO" for western players. And because the original Dissidia was meant for the worldwide market, I hope there's a chance for it to come soon here too.

6 actually. The reveal trailer showed 3v3. PS4 can't do 6 controllers local.
Oh yeah. Totally messed that up.

I guess a PS4 version would only be online multiplayer (and maybe a 1v1 local?)

Bushido Gears of Hearts: Dissidia Square²: 3rd Lagoon Mission

Still missing a few, but that's way better...

Final Chrono Draken Bushido Gears of Hearts: Dissidia Square Ends With You: 3rd Lagoon Nier Mission Ocean, the Saga of the Default Vagrant Mana Quest Remnant Profile.

I think it's still missing a few.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Those graphics make me think this thing is ready for a wider release than just arcade.

With the PS4 momentum and the West getting interested again a bit in Japan produced games I think it'll be dumb skipping the chance. I just fear the release will not happen at same time...

Valnen

With the PS4 momentum and the West getting interested again a bit in Japan produced games I think it'll be dumb skipping the chance. I just fear the release will not happen at same time...

I'm willing to wait however long I need to.

If you expect this to release on consoles even close to the Arcade release, then you're just setting yourself up for disappointment lol.

If they even give a hint of future plans for the game in this conference we'll be lucky.

Top Bottom