• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (Arcades, Team Ninja) Closed Conference [All info in OP]

-Ryn

Banned
Can't wait to get some actual footage. Those little snippets of Y'shota were kind of meh since they didn't say much. I need to know how it works!

Have you played Lightning Returns ? Despite the fact that Lightning was supposed to be emotionless, and it showed in the Japanese dub, Ali Hillis actually managed to sneak some in and it was excellent, her best Lightning performance yet.
I actually haven't

I'll have to check it out thanks

Esper Terra has been spotted in new screens.

Apparently Bartz switches jobs now instead of his previous mime style. One of them is definitely Samurai with Gil Toss, there's no media around of Bartz though, just interviews with his VA I think?

Source

Esper Terra has been spotted in new screens.

Apparently Bartz switches jobs now instead of his previous mime style. One of them is definitely Samurai with Gil Toss, there's no media around of Bartz though, just interviews with his VA I think?

Source

I'm pretty sure Esper Terra was spotted before.

And cool to know about Bartz, I think I prefer that to the mime stuff. Apparently Onion Knight also changes job since you can see him as a mage in one of the screens (or maybe that's just him activating his Ex gauge).

sn00zer

RaggedPoorEeve.gif

bahaha holy shit..... how to kill an artstyle in 16 easy bars

Praying that Yuna, Rikku and Paine make it into the game to represent FFX-2, with LeBlanc in the game as their villain.

Also holding my breath for Rinoa and Edea to make it in, and Ashe from FF12 with those two swords!

OmegaDL50

bahaha holy shit..... how to kill an artstyle in 16 easy bars

Well seeing how it's a 3 vs 3 fighter and all of the characters fight on screen simultaneously at once, unlike say something like Marvel Vs Capcom 3 which each character takes their turns.

You would need to have 6 life bars available at once. 3 for your team members, and 3 for the opponents. They could probably overlay the bravery gauges on top of the life bars, which should reduce some of the clutter.

However because this isn't one on one and there is 6 characters doing something on the screen at once at all times, the player will need that information to know the status of his teammates.

It would not be useful to hide the bars of characters you aren't currently controlling, and then you swap to one of your team members and find out he is half dead because you didn't didn't have the information in front of you to deal with this problem otherwise.

It looks great but I need more videos and more characters! MOAR!!! Seriously though the UI is pretty much similar to the Gundam VS arcade games so I dont have any problems with it. :3

Loona

Vid comparing versions (ARC/PS4). Also the Cocoon - Eden stage is shown, and Midgar in the midst of Meteorfall.

http://youtu.be/fdxMyrXIN5c

(edit) Apparently it's old which means I'm slow on the uptake, hopefully it's still new to some of you.

Hadn't seen it, but of course the XIII Cocoon stage is a corridor...
Maybe that means no Phantom Train stage from Duodecim?...
(well, all stages are different so far, but I figure shapes will at least be different between them)

lupinko

I'm going to try this out this week since my city is getting a location test, any requests as to who to try out? I'll play Lightning for sure.

-Ryn

Banned
Vid comparing versions (ARC/PS4). Also the Cocoon - Eden stage is shown, and Midgar in the midst of Meteorfall.

http://youtu.be/fdxMyrXIN5c

(edit) Apparently it's old which means I'm slow on the uptake, hopefully it's still new to some of you.
Hasn't seen that yet so thanks dude

Gotta say I prefer the look of the arcade version more overall. Has more vibrancy to it whereas the PS4 colors seem a bit washed out. The camera seems a bit too zoomed in as well but that might just be circumstantial.

Game looks KICKASS though. Dat win screen.

I'm going to try this out this week since my city is getting a location test, any requests as to who to try out? I'll play Lightning for sure.
Pleeeease give Cloud (and Bartz if possible) some game time :)

Loona

Y'shtola's new to the sub-series, so info about her would be nice, especially if you have experience with older Dissidias to help figure out what differentiates her from others' playstyles.

J-Tier

If they manage to have a thorough and satisfying roster by the end, I would enjoy having Adam Jensen as a guest character, however unlikely that is (Thanks to the recent Deus Ex trailer, I'm really liking the idea). They'd probably consider Kingdom Hearts followed by Dragon Quest/Bravely Default before ever considering Deus Ex though.

If they manage to have a thorough and satisfying roster by the end, I would enjoy having Adam Jensen as a guest character, however unlikely that is (Thanks to the recent Deus Ex trailer, I'm really liking the idea). They'd probably consider Kingdom Hearts followed by Dragon Quest/Bravely Default before ever considering Deus Ex though.

Actually Kingdom Hearts is not owned by Square Enix, unlike Deus Ex. I don't really see Disney allowing them to put Sora or whatever in a competitive fighting game.

Good. I look forward to your impressions.

(If they give out any swag related to Light and Cloud, I'll pay for a decent price)

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
In hopeful there'll be more than a single HP Attack per match in 1v1, but otherwise everything looks aces thus far. Been wanting this on consoles since the original was announced.

GAMERG0D

Nomura wants Minwu in the game.

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/kingdom-...23-expo-series-smartphone-announcement-teased

“We’ve been getting in some orders for prospective characters. Since there are a lot of characters from derivative works following Ramza, we’re looking to select characters from numbered titles that have not yet appeared. Personally, I’m pressing for [Final Fantasy II‘s] Minwu."

He should really be in, he could use
Ultima

Top Bottom