• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy: New character is going to be announced on stream - April 13th

Aters

The majestic doom shall return:

Ydelnae

So, are they going to reveal the Chaos characters like this all the time? Might as well take us until 2019 to see the entire original roster back lol

Malrend

Excellent.

Garland was one of the more enjoyable "heavies" in the previous Dissidias.
Plus I suppose it makes sense that the first villain added to the new game, is the -actual- first villain of the series.

Well, the gameplay shown is actually fine. I guess that's because it felt like more like the original two games where you didn't have a clusterfuck that is the UI and 6 characters at the same time. Hope there is a 1v1 mode.

TDLink

So, are they going to reveal the Chaos characters like this all the time? Might as well take us until 2019 to see the entire original roster back lol

Have to agree. These reveals are happening at a glacial pace. Since the Arcade launch in November we've had Ramza, who was confirmed last summer but just not shown, and now Garland. I am guessing they're targeting some time in 2017 for the 30th anniversary. But if they're including all of the characters we had in Duodecim...that's still like 16 more characters to reveal. And that's assuming there aren't more new ones, which there likely will be at least a second 13 and 14 character.

They need to pick up the pace.

Characters still MIA:

1. The Emperor
  2. Cloud of Darkness
  3. Golbez
  4. Ex Death
  5. Kefka
  6. Sephiroth
  7. Ultimecia
  8. Kuja
  9. Jecht
  10. Gabranth
  11. Kain
  12. Gilgamesh
  13. Tifa
  14. Laguna
  15. Yuna
  16. Prishe
  17. Feral Chaos*

*Most unlikely to return, if anyone

That's some extra detail compared to the team Cosmos

but dayum does he look sweet, moves and all have IMPACT

looking forward to the rest of team Chaos :)

Son Of D

So if we're getting a new character every 2+ months.... Yeah this will take ages. Still good to see Garland. Also good to see what looks like a 1v1 mode (although it could just be clever camera angles hiding other fighters).

TDLink

So if we're getting a new character every 2+ months.... Yeah this will take ages. Still good to see Garland. Also good to see what looks like a 1v1 mode (although it could just be clever camera angles hiding other fighters).

It would be ~32 more months just to reveal all of the returning characters at the current pace. That's not including new additions, which are likely. Considering the game comes out likely within the next 18 months, they need to speed it up.

Ydelnae

Like, I was expecting today they were going to reveal another character from the spin-off games (Like Wol from Mevius) and they were saving all the Chaos characters for a special event or something and that they were going to be revealed all at once, but if they really are revealin 1 Chaos character at a time, I feel like by the 30th anniversay will be still stuck with Sephirot and they will call it a day for the console port.

Hopefully they were waiting this long so they could start showing Chaos characters at a steady pace, because if they continue at the current pace, yikes

raven777

I don't expect them to raise the pace of introducing new characters.

Either console version will come out really late, or they will release with not that many characters and add new ones as updates.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
man, I really like what they have done to Garland. He definitely feel and look more brutal in this game.

Hopefully they were waiting this long so they could start showing Chaos characters at a steady pace, because if they continue at the current pace, yikes

I second this. They really need to do something about the pace. I would love to able to play this game soon as possible. Early 2017 sound good tho.

TDLink

I don't expect them to raise the pace of introducing new characters.

Either console version will come out really late, or they will release with not that many characters and add new ones as updates.

They've said multiple times they intend to bring the old characters back. They've said multiple times all of the Chaos characters are coming. They've also said before that their goal is to hit ~50 characters.

None of that is happening without an increase in pace.

Someone should probably make a new thread too now that we know the reveal and have a trailer.

raven777

They've said multiple times they intend to bring the old characters back. They've said multiple times all of the Chaos characters are coming. They've also said before that their goal is to hit ~50 characters.

Someone should probably make a new thread too now that we know the reveal and have a trailer.

They are obviously looking at a long run. I doubt they will end the game with single iteration. I expect some updated version like how they are doing with Gundam VS games. They could keep this pace, and maybe will have a big version update where they introduce multiple characters.
I don't expect the 50 characters to be reached for a while. Maybe at least over 3 years. Of course it will also depend on how this game does in the arcades.

Ydelnae

I think that for the console release we will have the 26 cosmos/chaos fighters + Ramza, Yshtola and Noctis and then the rest of the newcomers and returning characters will be released as DLC. This year they will get all the chaos character announcements out of the way (11 remaining) and then they will reveal Noctis when they announce the PS4 version next year. I can't see Laguna, Yuna, Kain, Tifa and Gilgamesh being ready for a 2017 release.

raven777

They gave a small hint for next character. They say it's character with type that is still not enough after addition of Garland. No hint on male/female or hero/chaos.

I personally don't know which characters are which type so I have no clue.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yeah, someone should make a new thread.

TDLink

They gave a small hint for next character. They say it's character with type that is still not enough after addition of Garland. No hint on male/female or hero/chaos.

I personally don't know which characters are which type so I have no clue.
I can't comprehend what this hint is supposed to mean. But I half assume they're just going to go in order and do Emperor next.

poncle

Weird, was expecting someone more high profile. Trailer looks great, Garland has some impressime moves there.

Loona

Cloud of Darkness or gimme death!

They can try and add someone from 11.....?

Looks like we'll have to wait until all the villains are in, then the extra heroes from Duodecim, which eventually should include Prishe, and somewhere along the way Gilgamesh and Noctis.

I'm hoping that after those are in FFXI' Iroha has a chance, it would be fitting for the character that's supposed to remain after her whole world is gone:

As for the Cloud of Darkness, it would be neat if she got to have an alternate skin, in the very least the face/mask, from her appearance as FFXI's true final boss.

Top Bottom