• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia(Team Ninja) Announced For iOS/Android (Japan 2016)

DKHF

It's a new crossover RPG.

First trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYzPnCiJDuE

Announced on Dissidia FF stream.

Coming to iOS/Android in Japan in 2016.

Japanese site: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DFFOO/
dff_005_cs1w1_720x.jpg
dff_003_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Deft Beck

Battle animations look great. All of the standing around and talking without mouth animations outside of that felt flat.

Love seeing the characters like they are FFIX models, it's really neat. (Ah they're from Explorers? Didn't know.)

Game looks like it could be interesting taking the Dissidia world but making it like a traditional turn based RPG.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
chances of this being yet another mindless gatcha game?

i wish they would just put out some news on that FFXI mobile port...

ash_ag

I don't think it's the same character models. Tifa looks different, not sure though.

It seems that Cloud has some different details too. The screws are larger on his shoulder pads, for example.

Not sure if they are modified, or if there's some common source of inspiration (like FFIX's style, for example).

Loona

No XI rep in the video, and in the site's character list the XI entry is a Shantotto sillouette... Can't SE bother to research and make good use of their own damn game for a crossover?...

Valentus

Is this a gacha game or a full paid game?

Well, the chances of seeing Seifer in a Dissidia game are reduced to this... that's better than nothing. I hope the combat doesnt get tedious (because i can see that is turn based the damage / HP damage system is still there, so that could get a turn based combat very long)

All in all, this combat system seems like a neat evolution between ATB and dissidia more focused on chaining attacks turn by turns by doing combos! I want to see more!

Zafir

That actually looks pretty cool.
Is this a gacha game or a full paid game?

Well, the chances of seeing Seifer in a Dissidia game are reduced to this... that's better than nothing. I hope the combat doesnt get tedious (because i can see that is turn based the damage / HP damage system is still there, so that could get a turn based combat very long)

As much as I'd prefer it to be paid. I'd imagine Gacha. I don't understand Japanese, but from what I saw of the site there seems to be a pre-registration campaign offering currency, much like what they've had here for gacha game releases(Mobius, Brave Exvius etc).

Wazzy

Banned
Seifer with Raijin and Fuujinnnnnnnnn! I love how they look and I've been wanting them in Dissidia for years. Also these models are different from Explorers.

I especially like how they look because it reminds me of Tales Of Symphonia's artstyle.

Geg

Who's the girl in the white outfit at around the 1:30 mark?

Also I'm glad they kept Seifer's same voice actor from his appearance in KH2 ten years ago. Same voice as Dio from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Final Fantasy sure has a lot of mobile titles as of late. Makes you see to which direction they're going

Square Enix have been supporting mobile in general very generously for the past few years. I think it's just an attempt to supplement their dedicated console games since they still have plenty of those.

Who's the girl in the white outfit at around the 1:30 mark?

Also I'm glad they kept Seifer's same voice actor from his appearance in KH2 ten years ago. Same voice as Dio from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Yda, a Monk from FFXIV, she's awesome, like Yuffie but less annoying.

tumblr_mv112hfKqf1skxh07o2_1280.png

ReaperXL7

Between Mobious, Record Keeper, Brave Exvius, Justice Monsters V, and this there is going to be a lot of Final Fantasy on my phone.

Hopefully SE will bring this one over, I would have potentially thought that the VA would exclude it but we got Möbius.

I just can't. I want to but I can't!!!!!!! Who am I kidding I'll play this. But seriously dudes I can only handle two mobile games at a time! Every single time I start to juggle three I'm on my phone all fucking day! Maybe I need to learn not to go so hard. Play more casually. I dunno.

Kid Heart

Looks kind of interesting, but I'm always extremely hesitant to get hyped for mobile games. I'll wait to see how the in game economy looks before jumping aboard.

mortal

Gold Member
It looks so soulless. It feels like Square Enix has been perpetually celebrating themselves for like the last 7 years.

It's been so long since I've seen something creativitely fresh and unpredictable from SE.

Every other game is a homage, or a crossover, with some sort of relation to FF.

Aru

I can't get into F2P Gacha games with on-going story lines.
Please give me a premium RPG with a 20 hours story mode with no additional story elements added later.

Top Bottom