• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I jumped into EA what feels like forever ago for this game, only sunk in 11 hours and I told myself I'd wait for the full game... it's almost here. I just wanna download it now and get it over with.

Tommyhawk

Subscribed. Great OT!

I've the feeling that this will be my GOTY 2017.
Loved the first one and for this one they seem to have improved on every aspect of the game.

Robiin

Is this coming to PS4, and if so when? I loved the first game, but my PC decided to crap out before I could finish it. Only got to the second main area but I still had a lot of playtime and fond memories.

I still have not repaired my PC, got a laptop instead but I don't have a mouse and don't often play PC anymore. Therefore I was wondering if a PS4 port is in the works, because I want to play this and support the developers!

Adnor

Banned
Is this coming to PS4, and if so when? I loved the first game, but my PC decided to crap out before I could finish it. Only got to the second main area but I still had a lot of playtime and fond memories.

I still have not repaired my PC, got a laptop instead but I don't have a mouse and don't often play PC anymore. Therefore I was wondering if a PS4 port is in the works, because I want to play this and support the developers!

They haven't announced a console version yet, but they said that if the game does well they will port it.

Anyone knows the name of the theme that plays out in the trailers of the game?
This one:

https://youtu.be/AwfCTV466_0?t=69
I'm looking for the full theme

It's a new version of Drunk With Dwarven Mirth from Divine Divinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_PZ2x2_vPI

Awesome OT! Can't wait, luckily I have next week free to play this.

Buckle

Forgot this game has romance options.

Half the fun of that is going to be seeing reactions to being hit on by a skeleton lizard man.

Would be pretty funny if it was just instant rejection with everyone but Fane.

ryousuke

I really enjoyed the first one, and this time, I'll be playing with a friend, it's gonna be even better. I can't wait !

aravuus

There's online pvp arena mode?!?!?!? Holy fuck that sounds amazing. Any detailed information on it? How many players is it max?

Doc_Drop

I can envision myself going through character creation and the start several times before I settle on a starting build, so many choices, and no idea of what I'm really going to love.

It'll be hard to fight the temptation to rely on the tactics I had for the last game but the polymorphing and summoning look so interesting.

It's also really hard to not want to start with pet pal, but can I ignore the other useful skills? Talk about creation anxiety haha

Staab

Very glad I backed this game, Larian studios are an awesome bunch led by a crazy great Belgian guy :p

The first game was of great quality and I spent over 60hours in it, despite some of its flaws.

Looking forward to diving into this one, going in blind despite early access !

One question I have, if someone can answer it :
I'm very much hyped at the DM tools, will the Steam and GoG players be split on this or be able to play together ? And will the DM mode use Steam workshop only, meaning GoG can't access DM mods easily ?

Blubikins

Neo Member
I can envision myself going through character creation and the start several times before I settle on a starting build, so many choices, and no idea of what I'm really going to love.

It'll be hard to fight the temptation to rely on the tactics I had for the last game but the polymorphing and summoning look so interesting.

It's also really hard to not want to start with pet pal, but can I ignore the other useful skills? Talk about creation anxiety haha

I get this way with MMOs. Sometimes I'll end up restarting my character several times, replaying the beginning section over and over until I get bored and never progress through the game lol.

There's online pvp arena mode?!?!?!? Holy fuck that sounds amazing. Any detailed information on it? How many players is it max?
4 player and up to 4 characters per team depending on the map size. Bots are also available. In early access it was limited to 4 pre-made characters though. dunno if they'll allow customization, or at least expand the pre-made roster. Also beyond regular deathmatch there's a kill the king mode where there's 1 target on each team to kill. Don't know if there are more modes coming or not.

CHC

I'm relieved to hear that it's a less direct type of sequel.

I got about two-thirds of the way through DOS1 twice - once alone on PC, once on PS4 with a friend - and probably won't have the change to go back and finish it.

Avallon

So when does the full game unlock? Is it 1:00 p.m. Eastern 9/14 like most Steam games, or are we lucky enough to get a 12:00 a.m. Eastern midnight release?

I bought this game on Early Access the moment it became available and haven't touched it since. I'm very excited to see what the team at Larian has cooked up.

Anno

So when does the full game unlock? Is it 1:00 p.m. Eastern 9/14 like most Steam games, or are we lucky enough to get a 12:00 a.m. Eastern midnight release?

I bought this game on Early Access the moment it became available and haven't touched it since. I'm very excited to see what the team at Larian has cooked up.

Best informed guess right now seems to be 11am eastern.

I am beginning the rallying cry for a 12am GMT release, for entirely selfish reasons.

Let's do this.

The rallying cry is: larian pls

mnannola

DM mode sounds freaking amazing. Could be a game changer if it's well implemented and supported. I can't wait to see what the community does with it.

Alastor3

Is there drop in drop out in the game? My friends will start playing this friday but I won't be able to buy the game right away, how will that work if I want to join them? Will i do a new character lvl 1? Can I pick one of the companion they can recruit?

On the GOG forums they said it would release at 5PM central eu time, which is 4PM UK, 8AM pacific, 11AM eastern, assuming I didn't mess up timezone conversions. Although this seems a bit off with the usual steam releases which would be about 2hours later than that, so not sure.

Is there drop in drop out in the game? My friends will start playing this friday but I won't be able to buy the game right away, how will that work if I want to join them? Will i do a new character lvl 1? Can I pick one of the companion they can recruit?

Multiplayer as far as I understand lets you join a game already running, the only issue is you can only play one of the characters in that party, if you aren't there when the game starts to make your own, you'll have to play one of the companions(or a henchman I guess, might be customizable, don't know yet).

Hobbun

This honestly hasn't been on my radar at all until recently. Didn't even know about the first Divinity: OS until seeing this game mentioned on GAF and then looking more into the franchise.

Going to wait on this as I want to play the PS4 version. But that's ok, because I have D: OS preordered and going to play that, first.

Love that it's turn-based.

I can't wait for this game. The first one was such a great experience. I marathoned it super hard and put in over a hundred hours. I backed the Kickstarter but have only been checking in sporadically on the updates because of not wanting to get spoiled on the full game.

Original Sin was imo the most successful game in the modern crpg renaissance, I hope the sequel lives up to it!

I haven't really kept up with this game at all since backing it so I'm not really sure what to expect. Looking forward to diving in tomorrow.

So Swen Vincke has semi-confirmed the release time on Twitter.

3cd17b5500d0d254c1e155f00de28ba4.png

Top Bottom