• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Xeteh

I have no idea what I'm going to play. I'm terrible at games like this because I end up making and remaking characters repeatedly. I replayed the first hour (give or take) of the first Original Sin like 8 times.

Doc_Drop

I have no idea what I'm going to play. I'm terrible at games like this because I end up making and remaking characters repeatedly. I replayed the first hour (give or take) of the first Original Sin like 8 times.
Yeah... you're not alone in that

Adnor

Banned
I think I'm going to roll with Ifan, Red Prince, Fane and Loshe.

But I don't know, so many characters.

Someone mod the game to have a 7 characters party, let me roll with everyone and an original character please.

carlsojo

Same. It's worse this time because the Origin characters seem pretty interesting so I don't know if I should just play as them instead.

Doc_Drop

I think I'm going Ifan, Beast, and Red Prince...though I'm really down for Lohse so Red Prince may be the one to miss out

Megauap

I'm still undecided about which character to choose for my first playthrough.
I'm torn between Fane (really interested in his personal story and the shapeshifting mask), Sebile (she can talk to the spirits and also eat corpses for information) and Lohse (she seems to have the most original personal story to me).

Any help?

For me I want to do a custom character for my first playthrough then do origin stories later. Thinking female elf, female human, or undead variants of both. Not sure on what archetype I want.

UberLevi

Man, are none of you guys making custom protagonists? One of my favorite parts about Original Sin was having a bunch of control over my characters in the creator, and Original Sin 2 is even more robust. Would almost be a waste to play as an Origin character when you can just pick them up and add them to the team later on. Personally going to play a druid type Elf with Huntsman/Polymorph as a foil to my co-op partner who's going to be a Summoner based Undead. Will probably add Beast and Red Prince to the party to round out the races and have a couple of warrior-type characters to contrast our elf-archer and undead-mage archetypes.

Nete

*You stare disappointed at the thread title*

Besides that, what an awesome OT.

I'm quite sad tho. My coop partner, the guy I played D:OS with, won't be able to play this one until November at the very least. Now I have the dilemma on using the character I wanted to use with him (a polymorphing Undead) or save it for the playthrough with him.

Decisions, decisions...

Man, are none of you guys making custom protagonists? One of my favorite parts about Original Sin was having a bunch of control over my characters in the creator, and Original Sin 2 is even more robust. Would almost be a waste to play as an Origin character when you can just pick them up and add them to the team later on. Personally going to play a druid type Elf with Huntsman/Polymorph as a foil to my co-op partner who's going to be a Summoner based Undead. Will probably add Beast and Red Prince to the party to round out the races and have a couple of warrior-type characters to contrast our elf-archer and undead-mage archetypes.

You can pretty much customize everything about your origin character though. From their looks to their presets class, skills, etc. Only the gender, race and tags are locked stats. Plus you get really neat extra origin quests with them. But I can totally see the fun in having a completely custom character as well.

kionedrik

I just booted the game for the first time just to check the character creation. I'm assuming there's still some things missing, like the undead race and the 5th and 6th origin, but I guess I'll be rolling an Elf Shadowblade. I loved my playthrough as a rogue in the first one and the new necromancer abilities seem awesome and fit really well with the vampire/assassin role I intend to play, plus it feels like a good synergy with the elven race.

adversarial

So Swen Vincke has semi-confirmed the release time on Twitter.

3cd17b5500d0d254c1e155f00de28ba4.png

Tmrw morning? Ugh, tomorrow is going to be a long day. Was hoping it'd release tonight.

Buckle

I have no intentions of playing as an origin character.

No interest in them as my own PC, see them only as companions.

First one actively pushed me away with the silly goofy writing. Hoping this one improved this.

I loved the irreverent tone of the first game. I'm really surprised to see that the writing was so widely panned because I thought the game was extremely charming. It was so refreshing to play a fantasy RPG that wasn't up it's own ass about how grimdark the world was.

I just hope the don't veer too far away from the silly tone of the first game.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I loved the irreverent tone of the first game. I'm really surprised to see that the writing was so widely panned because I thought the game was extremely charming. It was so refreshing to play a fantasy RPG that wasn't up it's own ass about how grimdark the world was.

I just hope the don't veer too far away from the silly tone of the first game.

I don't need it to be grimdark, just good writing, pacing and plot, which the first lacked.

Jag

Is there a list of what races are better suited for certain classes (Rogues, Conjureres, etc)?

Any help?

You can only play through a story for the first time once, and also character stories can be experienced somewhat as party members. Which character do you think will be the most surprising/engaging with the main storyline? Which do you think might be the most interesting if you're the one who gets to decide how it goes?

This line of thinking has me leaning towards the Red Prince: He feels he has a destiny to rule, and has done some not-nice things to make that happen. Now that he has been brought low how will he react? I kind of want to make that story not watch it happen.

Man, are none of you guys making custom protagonists? .

I got VERY attached to my Lizard Lady I played a few hours of the EA with. Also if you use custom main characters this gives you two complete playthroughs with different parties:

MC + Lohse + Ifan + Beast
MC + Prince + Sebille + Fain

Chosen because I like moral themed parties. The first is more good/honorable and the second is more cutthroat.

edit:
Is there a list of what races are better suited for certain classes (Rogues, Conjureres, etc)?

The racials are being changed in the final build which we don't know yet. The differences should be fairly minimal, make what is interesting to you!

So this my first Divinity, need some help:

I went with classic mode, is it too hard? I like a challenge but I'm a noob here.
I went with one of the origin characters (the read head that apparently is possesed) since having a backstory seemed more interesting. Went with Inquisitor class, is that a good choice?

Vlodril

any idea about length for this game? i liked the first one but i thought it went on for far too long. would like to know if its more compact this time or not.

nelo_inc

Damn, yet another good game coming out.Going to get the first one on Xone, (it's on sale),
just can't keep up with so many releases!

Ryzaki009

This isn't actually correct. He starts with whatever talent the class presets you choose has(or whatever you pick if you start as him). His default class is Wayfarer, which does have Pet Pal, but if you pick another preset, or if you choose to play as Ifan and change it as the start, he doesn't. At least on EA. He only has the 2 usual human talents, Thrifty(+1 bartering) and Ingenuous(+1 wits and some crit or whatever), then one talent you can pick at the start which is determined by preset or by what you pick in the char creation.

? yes he does. I have him as a ranger and he still has pet pal. He always has pet pal in my games (which makes sense considering his wolf summon). You can even find people whining on the steam forums about it because it's not "fair".

Xeteh

Yeah... you're not alone in that

Same. It's worse this time because the Origin characters seem pretty interesting so I don't know if I should just play as them instead.

Glad I'm not the only one, its frustrating as hell because I do it in any game where I can make a character. I can't think of the last time I have stuck with the first character I made for any significant time.

Top Bottom