Division 2: 'Hyenas' are Democrats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2017
So I have been playing The Division 2 this week and have come to the conclusion that the 'Hyenas' faction bears a striking resemblance to Democrats.

From Ubisoft's description of the faction: According to Ubisoft, the Hyenas are “a loosely organised gang of opportunistic raiders that prey on struggling civilian encampments through violence and intimidation. These hedonistic scavengers take everything they can steal and destroy everything else to deprive their enemies of valuable resources. The Hyenas are led by a council of the strongest pack leaders.” The Hyenas are also heavy drug users, which explains their erratic behaviour.

Sounds like the Democrats that weren't able to escape the outbreak in DC banded together became part of the Hyenas faction! The description provided by the developer seems like a checklist of the average Democrat to me! DC also has a high population of people that lean toward voting Democrat as well.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017
Thats funny, because I thought the Hyenas were all supposed to be Republicans
Have you played the game? They yell things like 'Fuck the Division!'(basically fuck the police)and wave guns around like they don't know how to properly fire them. The Divison members themselves seemed to be a lot more like the typical Republican. I think the few Republicans in DC at the time of the outbreak had the resources to get out when they could.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017
It makes sense. Who else would they be? While one can argue that Antifa could be tied in as well-aren't they also a Democrat Bloc? A quick search trip via Google provides:

Antifa activist facing assault charges was tied to Democratic policymakers

.....But while Democratic officials are distancing themselves from Alcoff now, until recently he was a well-connected, aspiring political player in Washington who may have even had a hand in key policy proposals.

His endorsement apparently mattered when several congressional Democrats in February 2018 issued press releases with his quote backing their bill on regulating payday lenders.

As the payday campaign manager for the liberal group Americans for Financial Reform, Alcoff participated in congressional Democratic press conferences, was a guest on a House Democratic podcast and met with senior officials at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau from 2016 through 2018.

He was also pictured with now-House Financial Services Committee Chairwoman Maxine Waters, D-Calif., and ranking Democrat on the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio. Both committees oversee financial regulatory policies Alcoff was advocating.
Alcoff met with then CFPB Director Richard Cordray and other senior CFPB officials on April 2016, again in March 2017 and a third time in May 2017, as first reported by the Washington Free Beacon.
During this time, he reportedly was an Antifa leader in Washington.

Alcoff’s former employer had little to say about the matter.
“As of December, Mr. Alcoff no longer works for AFR,” Carter Dougherty, spokesman for Americans for Financial Reform, told Fox News in an email.
Dougherty didn’t answer whether Alcoff had been fired or resigned. He also didn’t answer whether the organization was aware of Alcoff’s associations during his employment.

Alcoff was reportedly also an organizer for Smash Racism DC, the group responsible for gathering and shouting threats outside the home of Fox News host Tucker Carlson in November and for heckling Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and his wife Heidi at a Washington restaurant in September. Reports have not said Alcoff was directly involved in either incident; only that he was associated with the group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...arges-was-tied-to-democratic-policymakers.amp

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017
"Armed militia" combined with "fear of the federal government" makes me think of Republicans more than Democrats tbh
The Hyenas aren't a militia though- they are a loosely organized gang which has obviously drawn from the local population in DC that couldn't leave the city and didn't die from the outbreak. Do they hate the federal government? Probably- because the Division IS the Federal Government.

A militia is more like what the Division agents are, which IS the Federal Government.

Apr 27, 2018
Although correct, that has nothing to do with the game itself as it's set in its own alternate universe. Communists, AKA ANTIFA, also oppose the federal government so I think the individual who pointed that out is honestly more correct than the OP.

It's not true. All I see from Republicans are nothing but outright support for the police and military.

Mar 20, 2016
True Sons resemble the alt-right, pro-totalitarian rule, as they are literally a bunch of ex-military fascists in this game, as well as their hate and distrust towards the federal government. They are a parody of today's ultra-right, ultra-nationalist libertarian militias mixed into one.

Hyenas are bunch of civilians and anarchists who gathered up and decided to form a lynch mob that turned into a full blown opportunistic gang that has no central leader or leadership. They are a parody of today’s left "Fuck the police" antifa and anarchists. This is further reinforced in the game when one of them actually executes a civilian who was mistaken (possibly?) as former police officer for being oppressive towards people before the outbreak.

I bet many people didn't know this game is a social commentary of today's US of A.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.