• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Max Metro Project new announcement - DJ Max Portable Clazziquai Edition

kiryogi

Banned
Mattlikewhoa said:
I would also like to know as I've had this on pre order over at Play Asia...

Heard it's still on going and that the previous statement about halting it was something off the record.

fronn

So what's the status on Fever?

It supposedly comes out Nov 11th in the US?

I haven't seen any place that even makes mention of it (nothing on amazon or gamestop).

Fever should have been a PSN game :(

kiryogi

Banned
Finally some pics of the goodies for Clazziquai. My wallscroll for it came in today. I was surprised. I thought it was going to be some small poster.

clazzi1.png

I so prefer the Alex + Horan cover...

clazzi2.png

WTF is this thing, it's huge!

clazzi3.png

The box inside it. Clazziquai edition baby!

clazzi4.png

and I end up with the 4th idol from "First Kiss"

kiryogi

Banned
Pojo said:
I want to love this game, but it is impossible to play outside of four buttons.

That is all.

Actually, the 4BFX was pretty tolerable. I don't know why I bother with 5. It's so confusing sharing Square/->. 2B is hilarious. XD

xcomp

Hmmm... Not much interest in DJ Max eh? :lol

Kind of late but, nice pics, Kiryogi!

DJ Max Portable Clazziquai "Expansion Pack"

Downloadable from PSN for free for anyone who have registered their genuine copy of DJMPCE. Release date TBA.

• Club Tour Mode renewed for a whole new experience.
  • Improves frame rate.
  • New note patterns for songs.
  • Songs available only in Network Mode can now be played in other modes.
DJ Max Portable Black Square in December, LE Announced

There will be a limited edition of Black Square and the contents will be revealed soon. Apparently this version of DJMP unlocks something special if you use the Clazziquai Edition with Link Disc. “First Kiss” will be the opening for BS if the translation I got is right...

Find a number of sample songs on Ruliweb.

JEKKI

haha, I dont know anybody who is good at 8B.

but also thanks for the info! I'm glad we're finally hearing some good news!

I'm also glad there's now less money to spend this month!

xcomp

Contents of the DJMP Black Square Limited Edition revealed on Ruliweb with new trailer.

http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=16637

Dubbed "Quattra" the black cube shaped box contains:

• Game with limited edition box art.
  • Premium limited edition case.
  • 4 disc OST.
  • Illusion (DJ Max Metro Project Visualization Book).
  • Son of Sun Special Gift.
  • Set of Portable Speakers BS24.
  • A 2009 Pentavision New Year's Card.

djmpbsleda3.jpg

web01

xcomp said:
Hmmm... Not much interest in DJ Max eh? :lol

Kind of late but, nice pics, Kiryogi!

DJ Max Portable Clazziquai "Expansion Pack"

Downloadable from PSN for free for anyone who have registered their genuine copy of DJMPCE. Release date TBA.

• Club Tour Mode renewed for a whole new experience.
  • Improves frame rate.
  • New note patterns for songs.
  • Songs available only in Network Mode can now be played in other modes.
DJ Max Portable Black Square in December, LE Announced

There will be a limited edition of Black Square and the contents will be revealed soon. Apparently this version of DJMP unlocks something special if you use the Clazziquai Edition with Link Disc. “First Kiss” will be the opening for BS if the translation I got is right...

Find a number of sample songs on Ruliweb.

Awesome cant wait for the expansion!

fulsome

xcomp said:
Contents of the DJMP Black Square Limited Edition revealed on Ruliweb with new trailer.

• 4 disc OST.
Oh my god.... where can I preorder?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
xcomp said:

Is such registration open to international customers?

web01

Most likely when you register on the site they will give you a psn code much like when you download a beta.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Awesome. Gonna place my order tonight, methinks. Edit - Actually, I might wait for this new version to hit and import both together.

Rahk

playstencil said:
Anyone decent at 8B?

I'm not good at it, but I can play it decently up to around mid-level songs. I haven't played in a while though.

I was a little disappointed with the difficulty of Clazziquai. I can breeze through nearly all of the songs, except for a couple. Hopefully link disc or the expansion will unlock more difficult versions of the songs or 8B, because I really like the song selection compared to the past games.

xcomp said:

• 4 disc OST.

That will cost a fortune to import to Australia! Looks like the game-only edition will be released on January 2nd according to Play-Asia. I'm glad they didn't halt development after all.

xcomp

Mejilan said:
Is such registration open to international customers?
No idea how it works I'm afraid ^^;

Rahk said:
I was a little disappointed with the difficulty of Clazziquai. I can breeze through nearly all of the songs, except for a couple. Hopefully link disc or the expansion will unlock more difficult versions of the songs or 8B, because I really like the song selection compared to the past games.
Well, it was aimed at newbies. I found myself shooting through the Club Tour missions quickly but haven't managed to beat the Clazziquai "DJs".

Clazziquai's songs are definitely good. Been listening to their discography everyday for over a month now :lol

JEKKI

that LE is gonna hurt...

I wanted to DJMP2 LE but I couldnt coz I didnt have the money at the time,

now... I do have the money... and it could be better saved or spent elsewhere, and yet I'll most likely get that crazy thing!!!

anyway, siliconera reports DJ Max Technika is out in the wild!

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/12/03/first-touch-of-dj-max-technika/

I'ma check out UCLA tomorrow and see whats up! I'll bring back sum pics n stuff

JEKKI

yah, they had Technika at UCLA

vg78dl.jpg

dmzc6x.jpg

v6jbm9.jpg

so the bad part tho is... I didnt get to play :cry:

the game is touchscreen based and sum nerd doods were playing but apparently the touchscreen stopped working and the guy failed his song.

so one of the doods thought it would be a good idea to unplug the machine and plug it back in... idiot.

it's saturday on a college campus, so aint nobody working to fix it or come turn it on properly...

so I jus ended up having to leave... sadness

xcomp

That sucks. I'm sure you'll get a chance to play it soon.

Pentavision might be developing this for the DS according to an interview I came across. I don't think they'll manage to fit much on the cards, though.

JEKKI

nah I doubt that... it's kinda a pain in the ass to go there.

UCLA... lots of pay for parking, so u gotta park way the hell faraway and walk like over half a mile to get somewhere fun.

but on the bright side u didnt hafta pay for parking!!

anyway, something I should note is one of the doods who I talked to that I saw there told me that the limited edition version of this game is completely sold out. They had pre-orders in Korea and they all went out fast, and supposedly none of the online shops like play-asia got them.

so most likely it'll be regular edition for us regular people.

I believe one of the Ruliweb links even said so:

■ 예약 안내

예약기간 : 2008년 12월 6일(1,000개)2008년 12월 7일(500개)

수량 : 1,500개 한정

가격 : 87,000원(부가세 포함)

배송일 : 12월 24일 예정( 유통사의 사정에 따라 달라질 수 있습니다.)

예약처 : 총판 쇼핑몰 및 국내 주요 쇼핑몰

translation via google:

■ Reservation Guide

Booking Period: December 6, 2008 (1000) December 7, 2008 (500)

Quantity: 1,500 more limited

Price: 87,000 won (VAT included)

Baesongil: will be Dec. 24 (Distributors may vary depending on the circumstances.)

Yeyakcheo: Distributors in shopping malls and major shopping malls

Didn't know where to put this http://www.siliconera.com/2008/12/08/touch-screen-dj-max-in-development-for-the-ds-and-dsi/

DJ max in development for DS and DSi. DSi will be different but right now it's just a big ? ;o

This weekend Michael Yum, Executive Producer at PM Studios, spoke to Siliconera about DJ Max Technika. The arcade take on DJ Max has a touch screen which makes it ripe for a DS port and when I asked Yum about one he confirmed DJ Max Technika is in development for the Nintendo DS.

But, wait a second aren’t the DS and DSi the same thing? Yum explains, “For the DS, we’re trying to do something with the DSi, but it’s a big secret. I can’t tell you what we’re doing with it, but the DS and DSi version will be different. It’ll play on both, but the DSi will have more features.” What is the “big secret(s)”? It might have something to do with camera and storage features which PM Studios plans to use for the DSi version of DJ Max Technika.

klee123

SnowWolf said:
I'm trying to preorder this, but all the shipping options I get are $37+. Is anybody else seeing this? I'm not paying that much for shipping :(

Considering that it comes with a set of speakers, I'm not surprised. I just preordered it with a bunch of PSP games and the shipping wasn't too bad in the end.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
klee123 said:
Considering that it comes with a set of speakers, I'm not surprised. I just preordered it with a bunch of PSP games and the shipping wasn't too bad in the end.

I guess so, though the speakers don't look that big in the promo photo. I'll preorder it now and hope some other store will ship for cheaper :D

xcomp

Not really part of the Metro Project but, thought I'd stick it here anyway since I doubt there's going to be much discussion about this =P

http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/pcnews/read.htm?num=10459

DJ Max Trilogy, Pulsar Limited Edition

Pentavision’s first standalone PC title comprises songs from DJ Max Online, DJ Max Portable One and Two as well as a whole bunch of new ones too giving players a whopping 120 tracks to play!

Some sample of the songs can be found on Ruliweb:
http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/pcnews/read.htm?num=10460

djmaxtrilogylenv0.jpg

Limited to 1500 copies and contains:
  • DJ Max Trilogy Game DVD
  • 2 Disc OST
  • 10 Postcards
  • 2009 Visual Art Calendar
  • Playing cards featuring the art and characters from “Out Law”.
  • Mug.
  • USB “Profile Key”
USB key is for authenticating your copy of the game and playing online.

kiryogi said:
clazzi4.png

and I end up with the 4th idol from "First Kiss"
That's hot. EDIT: Except for the Clazziquai logo on the shoulder, what's up with that? Why does Pentavision have to brand their idols like horses?

JEKKI

fuuuuuck dood it jus doesnt end lol.

I remember when DJ Max 2 LE came out... I hella wanted it but it was either that or rent...

lol

JEKKI

DMPrince said:
SEXY. glad i didn't import though. the odds of it coming to me without being damaged... :lol
I got mine... it was damaged :(

but not pictured in Snowman's post... mine came with a NB Ranger papercraft o_O

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Putting in my order for Black Square in a few days. Clizziquai Edition was awesome, I LOVED the music!

kiryogi

Banned
I'm so pissed I missed out on this LE. Haven't missed a DJ max le yet. Actually, I need to get Black Square still//

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but is there any information about a US release of DJ Max Trilogy for the PC? I'd pay a ton of money for that, especially a Steam release.

Durante

Archie said:
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but is there any information about a US release of DJ Max Trilogy for the PC? I'd pay a ton of money for that, especially a Steam release.
I'm also wondering if there is any other chance to buy it. I missed the LE, would have ordered a physical copy of that.

Top Bottom