• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX RESPECT announced for PS4

Roubjon

Yo, 140 songs + DLC...

This is so good. I don't think I'll ever need another game ever again. Granted it's just all of the old note charts, but I'm fine with that. It's what I'm familiar with anyways. #1 on the leaderboards, let's go.

cj_iwakura

Yo, 140 songs + DLC...

This is so good. I don't think I'll ever need another game ever again. Granted it's just all of the old note charts, but I'm fine with that. It's what I'm familiar with anyways. #1 on the leaderboards, let's go.

I'll fight you for top spot on Rockin' Night Style.

Technika Tune is a pale imitation of DJ MAX. It's touch screen, and not nearly as fun as 'classic' DJMP. Go play Portable 2 or 3.

Opinions and all, but I like Technika/Technika Tune way more than the traditional DJMAX "we're-totally-not-IIDX" gameplay. The team had truly accomplished something unique, attractive, and accessible, yet with the depth of a serious music game. I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be someone's introduction to the franchise, though the series was abandoned entirely too soon.

cj_iwakura

Opinions and all, but I like Technika/Technika Tune way more than the traditional DJMAX "we're-totally-not-IIDX" gameplay. The team had truly accomplished something unique, attractive, and accessible, yet with the depth of a serious music game. I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be someone's introduction to the franchise, though the series was abandoned entirely too soon.

Well, the game started from being a IIDX clone. That's what it's known for, and those versions also have the most challenge and the best songlist. (And I find it WAY more approachable than IIDX.) So yeah, I see no point in recommending Technika Tune to a beginner who wants the best of the series. Tune is by no means bad, it's just the weakest game in the series, IMO.

Also really hard to appreciate the BGAs with the overlapping touch screen interface. That said, I wish I'd gotten to play Tune in an arcade. That looked like the best way to experience it.

Well, the game started from being a IIDX clone. That's what it's known for, and those versions also have the most challenge and the best songlist. (And I find it WAY more approachable than IIDX.) So yeah, I see no point in recommending Technika Tune to a beginner who wants the best of the series. Tune is by no means bad, it's just the weakest game in the series, IMO.

Also really hard to appreciate the BGAs with the overlapping touch screen interface. That said, I wish I'd gotten to play Tune in an arcade. That looked like the best way to experience it.

Yes, the arcade version of DJ Max Technika is better simply because it has a larger screen than the Vita and is thus easier to play.

"Tune" refers specifically to the Vita version. The arcade version is simply DJMAX Technika.

megalowho

Gave up hope for a definitive package but if all the Clazziquai, Black Square and 3 tracks make it over it'll be as complete as it gets. Slick UI work, as always.

Hope some of the Technika exclusives get released as DLC charts too. Technika is great, especially in cabinet form. That shit is captivating.

Glas

There's a NB Ranger song coming
CxgsNUeWQAATnPg.jpg:large

also Stay with me BGA is remasterized.

i made a comparison video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3juvMQKbfs

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yo, 140 songs + DLC...

Yeah, it's a mind-boggling amount of content, and it's basically all I've really wanted from the DJ MAX series. I'm not bothered by it just being all the old note charts, personally, because I haven't played Portable 1 or 2 since 2007. I think it's been more than enough time for me to go back.

Edit: This does make me wonder, though, if Dreadnaught will make its return... video and all.

Just stumbled across a video on youtube. No wonder I've missed this thread with 4 pages...

I've waited so long for the continuation of the controller button based gameplay from the Portable series. Even gave up my hopes a couple of years ago with all these touch based installments they came up recently.

My only question is: Will it have 8 button mode? If yes, then please for every song.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Just stumbled across a video on youtube. No wonder I've missed this thread with 4 pages...

I've waited so long for the continuation of the controller button based gameplay from the Portable series. Even gave up my hopes a couple of years ago with all these touch based installments they came up recently.

My only question is: Will it have 8 button mode? If yes, then please for every song.

I think I saw it in one of the trailers... but I can't imagine them stripping out 8 button mode. There's no reason to.

I think I saw it in one of the trailers... but I can't imagine them stripping out 8 button mode. There's no reason to.

Yes, I agree. There is no reason. But unfortunately, I remember some of the Portable games to have left out 8 button mode completely, which is why I'm worried.

The game does actually have 8 button mode as shown in this video at 1:43, what a treat!

I still think they should have left out 5 button mode though and instead put more effort into the balancing of the different difficulty levels for each song and each button mode (4B, 6B and 8B). Some of the 8B variations were less fun and challenging than the 6B variations on some songs in the Portable series, which was really a shame.

Can't wait to play it with a DS4 controller. Its buttons feel much better than on my worn out PSP.

BUTTONS BUTTONS BUTTONS!!!

Falk

that puzzling face
Just realized I'd spent over two hours ghost-playing Trilogy and Portable 2 tracks on YouTube, caught myself on how ridiculously wrapped up in nostalgia I am, and realized this game is going to destroy me when it releases, old content or not.

Roubjon

YES.

This isn't 6BFX. I wanted carnage. It's neat that two people can play two different modes against each other though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DAMN IT, I saw the LE way too late. How much was it going for?

I remember passing the Portable 3 LE that was released for the US due to the price, but wouldn't mind this one if it's in my price range &/or they make one for the US.

Skittles

from the bottom of the page
What's interesting is that the OST is 60 songs. There are over 140 songs from the old games and it was stated before that there would be 40 brand new songs. Does that mean there are 60 brand new songs, or 40 new and top 20 from old games?

Top Bottom